"Max (Warner Bros. Discovery Streaming Service)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
I had an idea that all the streamers owned by major media companies could do.

TV shows from the early days of television (up through the 60s) could be presented in a format which integrates original sponsor spots and also a format that excludes them.

the greenman

I had an idea that all the streamers owned by major media companies could do.

TV shows from the early days of television (up through the 60s) could be presented in a format which integrates original sponsor spots and also a format that excludes them.
I'm not sure that's possible. Outside some things are kinda not advisable by company's product. Though Twilight Zone promos appeared on the DVD's (complete with Serling smoking cigarettes).

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

PF9

The Flintstones could have only the Welch's-sponsored episodes available with these spots.

For other shows with cigarette sponsorship there could be a disclaimer at the beginning like on DVD releases of some shows. Believe me I'm against smoking.

JTOONSAnimation

Warner Bros is usually good with these kinds of things. They usually put warnings before the episodes, like when they release old Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry episodes with ethnic stereotypes. Unlike Disney, who will just act like it never existed.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Warner Bros is usually good with these kinds of things. They usually put warnings before the episodes, like when they release old Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry episodes with ethnic stereotypes. Unlike Disney, who will just act like it never existed.
That's not true. Walt Disney Treasures has shown objectionable cartoons as has the Fantagraphics Disney Library.

RegularCapital

Staff member
AT&T will be announcing HBO Max details on 29th October at the Warner Bros. lot in Burbank. Info about Pricing, subscription features and product demos are expected to announced and shown.

Also HBO Max will eventually have News and Live Sports content, which will be a dealmaker for a lot of people. DirecTV subscribers are dropping, it seems that they're trying to make HBO Max as comprehensive as possible as a counter-weight to AT&T's losses.

PF9

Archive content should have prints derived from DVD or Blu-ray releases where available.

That means no Turner dubbed versions or a.a.p. prints of pre-8/48 WB cartoons or any of the Popeye cartoons. For the latter, under these conditions only the ones up through 1947 should go on HBOmax to start. As new volumes of color Popeyes are released in remastered form on DVD they can go on HBOmax too.

Mandouga

Archive content should have prints derived from DVD or Blu-ray releases where available.

Even if they are based on later syndicated versions? Even if they have music that's different from the original broadcast versions?

You know what they say, "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it." Heck, The Incredible Mr. Limpet (a Warner Bros. movie) warned about this very thing...

PF9

This doesn't have to apply verbatim. Music would obviously be retained on HBOmax prints.

If I recall correctly Hulu prints of the 1970s Odd Couple series were based on DVD prints with the PTV split box removed on S2-5, except that copyrighted music was allowed to remain on the Hulu prints.

Likewise, remastered WarnerMedia shows that removed music on DVD would likely keep music on streaming.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!

PF9

Only from like smaller companies

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
Looks like HBO Max has a new, and much, MUCH better logo.
rozman_17013_20190925_2177r.jpg

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/

Featured Posts