HBO MAX: AT&T's new Streaming service

Latest News & Videos

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ohio
I had an idea that all the streamers owned by major media companies could do.

TV shows from the early days of television (up through the 60s) could be presented in a format which integrates original sponsor spots and also a format that excludes them.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return
I had an idea that all the streamers owned by major media companies could do.

TV shows from the early days of television (up through the 60s) could be presented in a format which integrates original sponsor spots and also a format that excludes them.
I'm not sure that's possible. Outside some things are kinda not advisable by company's product. Though Twilight Zone promos appeared on the DVD's (complete with Serling smoking cigarettes).

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ohio
The Flintstones could have only the Welch's-sponsored episodes available with these spots.

For other shows with cigarette sponsorship there could be a disclaimer at the beginning like on DVD releases of some shows. Believe me I'm against smoking.

JTOONSAnimation

Jul 24, 2016
Warner Bros is usually good with these kinds of things. They usually put warnings before the episodes, like when they release old Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry episodes with ethnic stereotypes. Unlike Disney, who will just act like it never existed.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Warner Bros is usually good with these kinds of things. They usually put warnings before the episodes, like when they release old Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry episodes with ethnic stereotypes. Unlike Disney, who will just act like it never existed.
That's not true. Walt Disney Treasures has shown objectionable cartoons as has the Fantagraphics Disney Library.