HBO MAX: AT&T's new Streaming service

Latest News & Videos

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return
I'm hoping they start adding more of their vast animated catalog to HBOMax :).
I've been exploring and noticed they have alot more than I initially thought. Though, I believe much like DC Universe and Boomerang they can't get all the content they'd like. Messed up, but the niche streamers are where they win.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Frontier

LinusFan303

A Fan of Linus Van Pelt.
Mar 26, 2018
Colorado
I was going to try it , but they didn't have it on Roku, so I said eh never mind, so thanks AT&T and Roku for saving me some time ;p. Will be sad not seeing Summer Camp Island when it comes out with season 2, unless a deal or something happens by then.

lowell

Aug 11, 2018
San Francisco
I've been exploring and noticed they have alot more than I initially thought. Though, I believe much like DC Universe and Boomerang they can't get all the content they'd like. Messed up, but the niche streamers are where they win.

Maybe they're waiting for the subscriber numbers to substantially go down and then transfer the content and subscriber base towards HBO Max.

Wouldn't Snyder Cut and whatever else the DCEU is getting towards streaming a blow for DC Universe because it's going towards HBO Max instead?

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Is setting up with Roku a software issue or a licensing issue...? I'm just trying to figure out why they didn't have Roku access at the ready when the service launched.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return
Maybe they're waiting for the subscriber numbers to substantially go down and then transfer the content and subscriber base towards HBO Max.

Wouldn't Snyder Cut and whatever else the DCEU is getting towards streaming a blow for DC Universe because it's going towards HBO Max instead?
Well, the strange thing is they have been kinda giving away the "exclusive" content elsewhere. Stargirl on CW and Harley Quinn on Syfy. I believe it's to get more eyes on it and maybe once they return, they will have to get DC Universe to watch them.
Is setting up with Roku a software issue or a licensing issue...? I'm just trying to figure out why they didn't have Roku access at the ready when the service launched.
It's licensing. They didn't think ahead. They being HBOmax.

Dr.Pepper

Sep 10, 2006
In A House
HBO Max removes Gone With the Wind
Not to get political or anything, but are we just going to have to remove everything that might be seen as racist. Correct me if I’m wrong, but the movie was about the life of a southern belle. Slavery wasn’t the main focus, regardless of how it was portrayed.

Last edited:

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Mar 11, 2005
California, USA
adultswim.toonzone.net
HBO Max removes Gone With the Wind
Not to get political or anything, but are we just going to have to remove everything that might be seen as racist. Correct me if I’m wrong, but the movie was about the life of a southern belle. Slavery wasn’t the main focus, regardless of how it was portrayed.
It's only a temporary removal so they can add a disclaimer to the start of the movie, much like what WB did with the Looney Tunes DVDs. They'll put it back on soon.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Mar 11, 2005
California, USA
adultswim.toonzone.net
Even more movies are leaving HBO Max on July 1.

American Wedding
BlacKkKlansman
Braveheart
Gran Torino
Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle
The Hobbit Trilogy
Ma
The Meg
Practical Magic
Pretty In Pink
Selena
Shutter Island
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
Tropic Thunder
Two Weeks Notice
Unfriended: Dark Web
Us
Discussing Film also notes that The Lego Movie is leaving July 1 as well.

What the heck is going on?

Dr.Pepper

Sep 10, 2006
In A House
Even more movies are leaving HBO Max on July 1.

Discussing Film also notes that The Lego Movie is leaving July 1 as well.

What the heck is going on?
That is unacceptable to me. Why dump a bunch of stuff a month into the service? Maybe I should sign up sooner rather than later (I wasn’t going to get it until the release of the new Adventure Time special) because the Hobbit trilogy was something I wanted to see again.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

And we have a tie of 1 vote each. I'll be tiebreaker, and pick TOTS. Now we start the final matchup. It's between Muppet Babies 2018 and TOTS.

Dedicated to everyone who, in these hard pandemic times, try celebrating the Fourth of July while using merpeople as means of escape from all this ruckus.
Asa
Happy Birthday, America!

The best way to celebrate 4th of July
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Hi, Light Lucario. I just want to wish you a Happy 4th of July. I'll be having a nice barbecue and then see the fireworks tonight. I hope you have a very safe & Happy 4th of July.