"Max (Warner Bros. Discovery Streaming Service)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
I’ve been using the service for a few hours and here are my impressions. I enjoyed the service my first time on although it definitely needs improvement especially in content.

The Cartoon Network section has a decent selection but it’s far from perfect. A chunk of their notable series are available but there are several missing like KND, Billy & Mandy, O.K. K.O., Mao Mao etc. But WB Animation content is even more lacking. They do have OG Teen Titans, Looney Tunes, some Hanna Barbera series, but there is a bunch missing like most Batman series, Animaniacs, Xiaolin Showdown etc.
Still some series are shown in HD that weren’t shown when they aired on Cartoon Network.

It should be noted that Infinity Train and Summer Camp Island are on the service but they aren’t in the CN hub.

In terms of anime they have all the Studio Ghibli movies and as for their Crunchyroll section there are a few notable ones like FMA: Brotherhood but it does lack most big name anime like Dragon Ball, One Piece, etc. So the Crunchyroll section feels like a sampling of that service. IMO Tubi currently has a better selection of anime series.

I liked using the service so far but it’s still needs more content. Ideally they should regularly update the service with new additions every week. So while the service is not that big now, everyone should at least find a few things they like.

DonTrashRoom

Have a nice trip, see you next fall
The Cartoon Network section has a decent selection but it’s far from perfect. A chunk of their notable series are available but there are several missing like KND, Billy & Mandy, O.K. K.O., Mao Mao etc.
Mao Mao I can forgive them for not having, since it hasn't finished up its first season yet.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
Isn’t that because they are becoming HBO Max originals.
Yeah, but they were Cartoon Network originals before they were Max originals. You would've expected those shows to be on the CN hub, but no. the streamer has to make it painfully obvious that we're no longer seeing those shows on Cartoon Network...

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Well, I watched the first 10 episodes of Looney Tunes Cartoons and I must say I am impressed.

What HBOmax really needs is a reboot of Babylon 5. That would be WB's really big sci-fi property (similar to CBS' Star Trek and Disney's Star Wars).

PF9

Corwin Haught

HBO Max has replaced HBO as a subscription option on Hulu, but only the HBO programs can be watched on the Hulu site and app. Watching the Max-exclusive content requires you to log in to HBO Max's website with Hulu's credentials.

PF9

To DonTrashRoom

The following movies, all Miramax titles, should have their studio updated from Lionsgate to Paramount due to the latter owning a minority stake in Miramax and distributing its library:

Cold Mountain
Ella Enchanted
Good Will Hunting
Kill Bill: Volume 1
Kill Bill: Volume 2
Muriel's Wedding
Shall We Dance?
Swingers

RegularCapital

Staff member

It says "No other DC Universe shows are currently planned to come to HBO Max." Emphasis on the word currently, because this can change, Doom Patrol was identified as an exception because of the budget required to produce the show and possibly a way to attract DC Universe subscribers who want more, the same for Crunchyroll and Boomerang.

the greenman

Man, seems more of these streamers need to curate their stuff. It's very similar to Disney+ with just big pockets of stuff, but still not coordinated.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Lex The Bookworm

By the time South Park moves to From Hulu to HBO Max Hulu should let people watch seth MacFarlane's animated shows with f and s words uncensored including additional Scenes only shown on DVD not counted for American Dad's TBS Version that have s words Hulu still has streaming a TV Version for a decide and it's getting old.

VG_Addict

HBO Max had only 90,000 mobile downloads on launch day.

How big of a disaster is that? Should we keep in mind that HBO Max didn't launch on Roku or Firestick, and it only launched in the US?

5YearsOnEastCoast

HBO Max had only 90,000 mobile downloads on launch day.

How big of a disaster is that? Should we keep in mind that HBO Max didn't launch on Roku or Firestick, and it only launched in the US?

That number looks pretty low... but is that a total number of subscribers for HBO Max on it's launch day? How many were there mobile downloads for Disney+ when it launched? And how much is total number of subscribers on HBO Max now? IS there an article about it?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts