HBO MAX: AT&T's new Streaming service

Latest News & Videos

MegasMilo379

Removed.
May 28, 2016
Huh, I was thinking that the virus would postpone the launch (people aren't spending that much on entertainment at the moment).
More the complete opposite - at least at my place. As heartbreaking as the pandemic is, I'm sure the entertainment companies may have found the perfect time to introduce their new streamers.

Reactions: Frontier

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ohio
I think once COVID-19 has ended, WarnerMedia will look at acquiring a smaller company to provide more content for HBOmax.

I've read about MGM possibly acquiring Samuel Goldwyn Films. But, to expedite things some, perhaps WarnerMedia should buy MGM and SGF simultaneously. MGM would be a great fit for WarnerMedia. The company already owns MGM's pre-1986 library.

It also doesn't look like MGM is working on a streaming service of their own. At least not one on the scale of HBOmax. I think if MGM is bought by WarnerMedia James Bond fans would subscribe to HBOmax in droves because it would likely have all the Bond movies on it.

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ohio
As I have mentioned before, I see HBOmax as the primary outlet for TV expansions of the Pokemon Cinematic Universe. I'd like such shows to be produced like broadcast network shows, with 22-24 episodes a season (released not every week between late September and May), 42-44 minute-long episodes, and spots where ad breaks would normally go in on a network show, in case a series makes it to 100 episodes and is sold to off-network cable syndication. The CW would not work because most of the proposed shows have target demographics similar to shows on the Big 4 Networks, which are much different than those on The CW. As well, the CW programs far fewer primetime hours than ABC, CBS, and NBC. And even those networks wouldn't have enough room for all the series I am proposing.

HBO could air some TV-MA PCU shows too, produced like other HBO original programs.

Also, I could see WB and Legendary acquire the non-Japan rights to the entire Pokemon anime franchise, which would have the current broadcast deal with Disney XD honored until its expiration, after which new dubbed episodes would stream exclusively on HBOmax, usually being released every Saturday morning at 10 AM ET, which was the show's timeslot on Kids WB (in this case they would release simultaneously in the entire US, meaning a 7 AM release on the West Coast, 6 AM in Alaska, and 4 or 5 AM in Hawaii). Each new season would also have a premiere week at the start, new episodes releasing at 4 PM ET Sunday-Friday (the former weekday slot for the show on Kids WB).

The Pokemon anime dub would continue to be made available to traditional TV outlets, through the syndication of completed seasons to MeTV and Heroes & Icons.

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ohio
Just how often will HBOmax release original shows?

I feel they should be released pretty often.

Dr.Pepper

Sep 10, 2006
In A House
I might have said this before, but the name, HBO Max, is a bit of a pet peeve to me. I think it would be better if it was called Warner Max or something to that effect. I told this to my dad, and he said that HBO is a more marketable name.

wonderfly

Is this the future?!?
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2002
Springfield, MO
Any word on whether or not you can pay for this annually? Or MUST you pay for it monthly?

(Disney Plus allows for paying yearly, but stuff like Netflix and Hulu make you pay monthly).

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ohio
Another WarnerMedia streaming service, Boomerang, allows both monthly and yearly payment (my subscription expired due to my dad's death and the cancellation of his bank cards, I need to talk to mom about re-upping). I feel monthly payment is cheaper because you don't have to dole out a huge amount of money all at once, but rather a smaller amount once a month.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"Despicable Me" is 10 years old today.
The winner of this matchup is "Into The Hundred Acre Wood", which got 3 votes. "The Manny With The Golden Bear" got nothing. Our next match is Ben 10 crossovers. We have "Heroes United" (Ben 10 Ultimate Alien & Generator Rex) and TGIS (Ben 10 Omniverse & The Secret Saturdays).

some Twitter thread I started about my history with CN, inspired by this trend of telling your history with a channel there.
Currently watching Klaus on Netflix, cause it's Christmas in July. :p

I'm at St Joseph, MO though.
The 2005 "Fantastic Four" film is 15 years old today.