"Max (Warner Bros. Discovery Streaming Service)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
I don’t think this ever got posted anywhere. Here’s a Jellystone poster from the HBO Max presentation.
28E8B37D-DF47-4E09-9C75-473B2AFE5605.png

RegularCapital

Staff member
Audience on U Verse/DirecTV is to transition to a HBO Max Preview Channel.
So is the actual name 'HBO Max Preview Channel? What will it show? Just an episode or two of HBO Max original series on a loop?
https://deadline.com/2020/01/att-aud...ax-1202825243/

I guess it will be like other preview/barker channels, it will be a loop of promos and trailers. This is a good idea, as a flaw with streaming services is that it can be hard to decide what to watch and also one place to announce news on what's coming to HBO Max. I have seen preview channels airing exclusive previews before, but this was quite rare.

On HBO Max, it would also be good if there's a linear mix playlist feature based on recommendations (although the streaming service will have a good recommendation system) and possibly some streaming linear channels with a schedule set by Warner themselves, if a viewer likes the show, they should be able to go directly to the show's other episodes.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
No interest in signing up for another streaming subscription. HBO Max has yet to show me a single reason why this is something I must have.

Not to mention this service completely cannibalizes DC Universe.

zeebre12

I guess it will be like other preview/barker channels, it will be a loop of promos and trailers. This is a good idea, as a flaw with streaming services is that it can be hard to decide what to watch and also one place to announce news on what's coming to HBO Max. I have seen preview channels airing exclusive previews before, but this was quite rare.

On HBO Max, it would also be good if there's a linear mix playlist feature based on recommendations (although the streaming service will have a good recommendation system) and possibly some streaming linear channels with a schedule set by Warner themselves, if a viewer likes the show, they should be able to go directly to the show's other episodes.
If all it is is a loop of promos/trailers?

The Overlord

No interest in signing up for another streaming subscription. HBO Max has yet to show me a single reason why this is something I must have.

Not to mention this service completely cannibalizes DC Universe.

I do not think the DC Universe streaming service is long for this world.

I think the big selling point would be the HBO content and the Warner Bros film library and a lot of the other stuff would be gravy. I think they are putting Cartoon Network stuff on there to appeal to kids and they certainly trying to get everything they can, from South Park to Studio Ghibli films.

the greenman

Well the big selling points for me are DCUniverse, Boom/Cartoon Network, and Warner Brothers film library.

At this point, DCUniverse is what I'm sticking with and not for long. They do not have some content available that I can get elsewhere *Netflix*. So too bad for them.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Now that the Justice League series figures are headed to retail I have no problem with DC Universe folding. The figures will even be cheaper at Big Bad Toy Store so it's another reason to believe the service sucks.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DC Universe seems like it's set to end up becoming the DC equivalent to Marvel Unlimited more then anything else.
With HBO Max, they wouldn't even need to cancel DC Universe's show if they end the service. I'm near the point where I'm about to unsubscribe but I really want to see Stargirl.

And yes, I know the trick of subscribing and unsubscribing only when something you like is airing but that always strikes me as a hassle.

the greenman

With HBO Max, they wouldn't even need to cancel DC Universe's show if they end the service. I'm near the point where I'm about to unsubscribe but I really want to see Stargirl.

And yes, I know the trick of subscribing and unsubscribing only when something you like is airing but that always strikes me as a hassle.
See, I'm wondering how long Netflix Arrowverse deal is gonna really last. According to this, they already made changes for the future:

Netflix’s agreement with The CW’s parent companies, Warner Bros. and CBS, ensured that CW series like Riverdale, Supernatural, The Flash, and Arrow automatically ended up on Netflix after a season’s initial run on network television. The deal was first signed in 2011 and re-upped in 2016, but the network doesn’t plan to renew it when the contract expires this spring, The Verge can confirm. That means new shows, such as Batwoman, Nancy Drew, and Riverdale spinoff Katy Keene won’t automatically end up on Netflix.

Still, many beloved CW series will remain on Netflix, according to the company. Netflix will continue to receive new seasons of shows that are already on the streaming service, like Riverdale, Flash, and Dynasty. Additionally, any CW shows that premiered through this most recent 2018 / 2019 season will remain on Netflix throughout their lifetime, meaning nothing is going to leave the service either.

As far as the film division, they will probably keep farming they're stuff out to like Vudu until they get HBOmax out.

lowell

At least that show gets aired on the CW and will be accessible through their website. I wouldn't be surprised if the CW becomes more important for WarnerMedia in the future (could see AT&T buying out ViacomCBS's stake since ViacomCBS already have a lot of their own networks they can bring their own CW shows to) since they don't fully own the broadcast network currently but its production and distribution operations could prove strategic to the service also.

Well, I'm wondering if how soon they'll move the subscribers of DC Universe, Boomerang, HBO Now over to HBO Max after launch, because that's basically a decent number of subscribers that can benefit from an overall all-in-one service binging content outside of what they typically watch. We already know that AT&T customers (including DIRECTV) will get it if they have the HBO channels but is the intention is to also replace HBO Go with this platform for all users who have the channels outside of AT&T?

the greenman

What they should do is absorb DC Universe into HBO Max.
Right now it's either or. Seeing how DCU is cheaper in comparison to HBOmax, they aren't willing to allow us to keep the low price, Id personally rather stick with DCU. Also, I support niche/genre programming like Shudder and Crunchyroll who are hanging in there, even though it isn't my thing.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
I do hope that subscribers who pay 5 a month for Boomerang would be grandfathered under HBOmax.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts