"Max (Warner Bros. Discovery Streaming Service)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I was just thinking about Sesame Street being part of this service. While we dont know how far back the archives will be, will they still be able to show Kermit sketches? Or the Simpsons cameo in Monster in the Mirror? (On the other hand, the Superman and Batman segments should have no problem)
I think they'll find a way to do so.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
I was just thinking about Sesame Street being part of this service. While we dont know how far back the archives will be, will they still be able to show Kermit sketches? Or the Simpsons cameo in Monster in the Mirror? (On the other hand, the Superman and Batman segments should have no problem)
Sesame Workshop still has the rights to show Kermit in older episodes, they just have to mention that Disney is the current owner of him now. As for Simpsons, I'm sure they could still show that too.

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
It's going to be kind of weird that HBO Max might have more Jim Henson-era Kermit material than the company that actually owns Kermit.

I've heard it said that The Muppet Show is being kept off of Disney+ because of music rights. But Disney+ is including Malcolm in the Middle, and that was full of music (so much so that only the first season was released on DVD).

SpaceCowboy

I've heard it said that The Muppet Show is being kept off of Disney+ because of music rights. But Disney+ is including Malcolm in the Middle, and that was full of music (so much so that only the first season was released on DVD).
Keep in mind The Muppet Show is way older and the contracts inked back in the '70s did not include internet broadcasting.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
The AS portal should also include other Western adult Animation works from WB, such as Mission Hill, The Oblongs, Baby Blues, and the movie Hey Good Lookin'.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
The AS portal should also include other Western adult Animation works from WB, such as Mission Hill, The Oblongs, Baby Blues, and the movie Hey Good Lookin'.
Mission Hill, The Oblongs and Baby Blues definitely would be included in the AS portal, given that the then-unaired episodes aired on there, while not so sure about Hey Good Lookin', given that it predates Adult Swim and I'm unsure it has been shown there.

SpaceCowboy

Mission Hill, The Oblongs and Baby Blues definitely would be included in the AS portal, given that the then-unaired episodes aired on there, while not so sure about Hey Good Lookin', given that it predates Adult Swim and I'm unsure it has been shown there.
It would be ironic if they included Bakshi films that couldn't pass standards on the linear channel.

Last edited:

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
The DC portal of HBOmax should include all DC adaptations that are NOT DCU Originals. From Fleischer Superman to the Burton Batman series to Superfriends to the Arrowverse it should all be included.

Zorak Masaki

The DC portal of HBOmax should include all DC adaptations that are NOT DCU Originals. From Fleischer Superman to the Burton Batman series to Superfriends to the Arrowverse it should all be included.
Throw in the Batman and Captain Marvel serials while you're at it (I think they're public domain at this point anyway).

the greenman

Throw in the Batman and Captain Marvel serials while you're at it (I think they're public domain at this point anyway).
And the Blackhawks:
6b0ff19532017db0be8a2c329af14168.jpg
a09d2135c9fd0aa000161414b5f9ac95.jpg

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
16d50c33026cea0078467988fe5c287f.jpg
935fdb33fda6ce81c1c524e470134ba5.jpg

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts