Having questions, seeking answers.....

Do-Do

- - - - - - -
Yes, um, I've got me a few questions that recently sprung up to me.

I was watching One More Time last night (from a tape of the final Late Night B&W :( )....and was a bit perplexed when Foxy put the garbage can on the hippo's head. She sniffs around and says, "I know, Old Gold!"
05.jpg

I've always noticed this, but I think I'm missing something.

Was the arrangement of the 1933-36 Looney Tunes song any different on the Buddy cartoons than it was on the Porky & Beans cartoons?

Does anyone know why a lot of the Guild Films prints of Bosko shorts have the regular theme music, but instead of the normal Bosko Looney Tunes card, this is there:
buddy1-2.jpg

What's Buddy doin' stickin' his title cards in other people's cartoons!! ;)

On a somewhat related note, I remember a time, must have been around 1996 or 97 or something like that.....anyroad, I was about 9 or 10 at the time....I just woke up on a Sunday morning very very early, at around 7 AM, something that would never happen now! Anyway, I turn on Nickelodeon, and to my surprise, Buddy's Showboat comes on! Lord, how I wish I had taped it. Full titles and all (can't remember what the song sounded like tho).....I even remember my shock at seeing some of the black caricatures left in. But I know there were others that were cut.

And my final question pertains to good ol' Mr. Cooke's website....what ever happened to the Censored Paramount Cartoons page? Or for that example, the Misc. Censored Cartoons page?

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul Penna

Dismember
Do-Do said:
I was watching One More Time last night (from a tape of the final Late Night B&W :( )....and was a bit perplexed when Foxy put the garbage can on the hippo's head. She sniffs around and says, "I know, Old Gold!" I've always noticed this, but I think I'm missing something.

Lampoon of then-current advertisements for Old Gold cigarettes. The premise was that a blindfolded smoker was able to identify the brand merely by the (presumably) wonderful aroma of the smoke.

oldgreypole

Townsville Pole
Do-Do said:
Was the arrangement of the 1933-36 Looney Tunes song any different on the Buddy cartoons than it was on the Porky & Beans cartoons?

Yes it was, except for the last Buddy cartoon, "Buddy the Gee Man" [1935].

Do-Do said:
Does anyone know why a lot of the Guild Films prints of Bosko shorts have the regular theme music, but instead of the normal Bosko Looney Tunes card, this is there:
buddy1-2.jpg

What's Buddy doin' stickin' his title cards in other people's cartoons!! ;)

The first season Bosko cartoons (1930-31) had only one title card during the opening. (The "Looney Tunes" logo and the date were both on the same title card.) The 1933-34 "Merrie Melodies" cartoons also had the same Buddy "Looney Tunes" title card in their Guild Films prints; this is obviously because the original prints said "Merrie Melodies" on them, and that the black and white package (except for the Harman and Ising "Merrie Melodies") is called "Looney Tunes."

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts