Have you seen the early Looney Tunes shorts?

TheJLeeTeam

Slacker Musketeer
Specifically the very early Looney Tunes from 1930-35 before Bugs, Daffy, Porky or any of the famous characters. The early shorts featured Bosko which was almost never used since then. I’ve seen a few of the shorts several years ago, and they were sort of a carbon copy of the very early Mickey Mouse shorts but a lot of cartoons were. Another early character was Beans the Cat which only got featured in a handful of shorts.

creator

I've seen the Bosko shorts included on the Looney Tunes Golden Collection. Historically they're kinda neat, but they're not particularly fun or interesting.

FoxInAFix

I have seen all of them and to my surprise, I didn't find the Buddy shorts as boring as I thought I would. It was mostly the Harman-Ising era I found hard to get through, although it would have helped to have watched a better copy of some of them. Still hoping for a completers-only Bosko & Buddy era set, kind of like Porky 101. I don't think those shorts would sell better in any other form. Maybe a release with total random cartoons from Warner Bros is the way to get less known titles out, which is kind of what the Platinum releases could have done more.

I have seen some of them, Bosko Shorts, Foxy Shorts, and the weird Rat Infestation Musical shorts which I don't know the name for. I saw one Bosko Short which has the Buddy logo which is a weird plastering thing.

chocolate

Mentally Still in 2016
I've seen various of those shorts especially on HBO Max. I believe they have many Buddy and Goopy Geer shorts to name a few.

KalloFox34

I've seen some of them. The Harman-Ising shorts and the post-H&I Merrie Melodies are decent (even if they weren't anything special for their time period), but Buddy's cartoons are extremely dull.

Looney Turtles

Only a few. For the most part, I haven't seen anything before 1937.

For me, Looney Tunes didn't really hit its stride until about 1943, when the black-and-white cartoons were completely phased out.

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Will Disney Junior survive on television? The short answer is yes.

CNC
Here's another weekly ideal CN schedule I made, for next week. No longer a "snooze button" all week long.

"There's no such thing as a perfect episode."

[Rewatches Bunny Raven]

"Nevermind."
Joachim Horseley, who did the music for Batman: Soul Of The Dragon, also does the music for Big City Greens.
my bad news: my laptop backspace key is not working... rest other keys in keyboard work fine

Still wish for keyboard backspace to be fixed..

Featured Posts