Has PPG 2016's animation improved at all?

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
As someone who quickly dropped off the PPG reboot's train about a month after it premiered (I really tried), I have to ask: Did the show's animation improve at all after the first season? One of the initial complaints of the first season was that it was rife with animation errors--perspective problems, inconsistencies, going off-model, the whole nine yards. I stopped watching about 15 episodes in. I didn't bother tuning into any of the specials, and I certainly haven't watched any of season 2.

A year later, Dean Heezen posted his model sheets on Tumblr, and they looked quite nice, although I find it strange that it was specific for season 2. Isn't this something you should plan out at the beginning rather than bringing someone in after your first season is done?

So I have to ask anyone who has been watching the show--has the animation improved at all in this season, or did they just ignore Heezen's advice?

jaylop97

Staff member
Looks the same from the 1st season, though I am not sure if the mistakes are still there.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts