has anyone heard that superman song?

oranthal

Superman: A hero in life and in death
i have only heard it a couple of times and i think it sounds pretty good. the lyrics just had me thinking of images of TNSA. anyway, does anyone know who sang the song?

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
There's more than one..heh...do you mean Superman's Dead by Our Lady Peace?

freakboy86

yeah, but interesting video. Something about creepy old men dancing around in tights...man, I think that's the weirdest thing i've ever said. brrrrrrr

Flying Grayson

Quis custodiet ipsos custodiet
Originally posted by freakboy86
yeah, but interesting video. Something about creepy old men dancing around in tights...man, I think that's the weirdest thing i've ever said. brrrrrrr

I agree. Freaky video.
I don't think will see another one like it. Who else would use an old man who dresses up as a superhero in their music video.

Bird Boy

WF Admin
Staff member
yeah, I've heard em'....I used to love kryptonite...but, my radio station played it like 10 times each hour, so I grew sick of it.. :) The OLP song is rather good though

-BB

Nightwing

WF Old Man
I haven't heard the Old Lady Peace song. I haven't heard of them. If it's good I definitely want to hear it though! Superman's Dead eh? Let the hunt begin! lol.

I really like the Kryptonite song by Three Doors Down. They had a few other songs I like so I got the album and it was well worth it, IMHO.

Joe Tully

I want the toilet seat.
I never cared much for that Kryptonite song, esp. when it became really overplayed. I might try downloading Superman's Dead.

Don't forget REM's I Am Superman. I often find myself singing that one to myself.

Flying Grayson

Quis custodiet ipsos custodiet
Originally posted by Nightwing
I haven't heard the Old Lady Peace song. I haven't heard of them. If it's good I definitely want to hear it though! Superman's Dead eh? Let the hunt begin! lol.

I really like the Kryptonite song by Three Doors Down. They had a few other songs I like so I got the album and it was well worth it, IMHO.

I agree good album, but I haven't heard this Superman song.

Nightwing

WF Old Man
Originally posted by Joe Tully
Don't forget REM's I Am Superman. I often find myself singing that one to myself.

That song is awesome!!! Although, it might sound weird, but I haven't heard it in probably years. They used it in LOIS & CLARK. Really good episode too.

I don't know if it's on the series' soundtrack though, because at the time when I saw it in the store I didn't know of the song. I love love love that song though. So pay attention to Joe when he says don't forget it! :)

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
OUR LADY PEACE's "Superman's Dead" should be easy to find on any online music trading site. It's a real popular song up here in Canuckland...er...Canada.

The Old Maid

Voice in the wilderness
Song

I've heard it.

I have no idea who sang it ; can't remember the title or any of the lyrics. (How's that for an endorsement?) However it was NOT "Superman's dead" (which I've never heard) or "Kryptonite."

This one just came out about a month or two ago. Fairly mellow, almost a wistful quality. Something about "not easy being me." I wouldn't be at all surprised if it turned up on the Smallville opening credits.

Calhoun07

It's Me
Re: Song

Originally posted by The Old Maid
I've heard it.

I have no idea who sang it ; can't remember the title or any of the lyrics. (How's that for an endorsement?) However it was NOT "Superman's dead" (which I've never heard) or "Kryptonite."

This one just came out about a month or two ago. Fairly mellow, almost a wistful quality. Something about "not easy being me." I wouldn't be at all surprised if it turned up on the Smallville opening credits.

I think I know which one you are talking about. It may have been the last video on MTV2's 120 Minutes last night. The name of the group is Five something or another. Dang, I can't remember the name of the song tho! Maybe MTV2's site would have info on it?

Frozen

When Hell freezes over.
Anybody but me like the Crash Test Dummies Superman song (not over sure of the title...)? It's a lovely little melancholy thing with some superb lyrics. I urge you to check it out!

TIM

Originally posted by Frozen
Anybody but me like the Crash Test Dummies Superman song (not over sure of the title...)? It's a lovely little melancholy thing with some superb lyrics. I urge you to check it out!

I could be wrong, but is the Our Lady Peace song that people have mentioned actually the one by the Dummies...? Or have TWO Canadian bands recorded songs about Superman?

TIM

--

TIM

Oops...

Originally posted by TIM

I could be wrong, but is the Our Lady Peace song that people have mentioned actually the one by the Dummies...? Or have TWO Canadian bands recorded songs about Superman?

TIM

--

I guess I should've done some research BEFORE writing that last post. The CTD song is called "Superman's Song", and the OLP one, as everyone but me knows, is indeed "Superman's Dead".

I guess I was confused 'cause the the CTD song has a "eulogy" feel to it. I guess I should also pay more attention to Canadian music... :)

TIM

--

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts