"Harvey Girls Forever!" Talkback Thread (Spoilers)

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist

From its never-ending games of kickball to the infinite flavors of its ice cream truck to the greatest climbing tree in the universe, every day on Harvey Street feels like a Saturday. And that’s largely thanks to the Harvey Girls – Audrey, Lotta, and Dot – the block’s self-appointed guardians and the world’s bestest BFFs. They will do whatever it takes to keep Harvey Street the best block to never grow up on and transform every afternoon into a wild adventure.

Here's a clip from what I assume is the first episode
EDIT: it's actually the 5th episode, boy was I wrong...:

Last edited:

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I can definitely see this competing with Craig of the Creek and just like that show, outdoing The Loud House, right outta the starting gate, IMHO. I'm definitely looking forward to hopefully being proven right with this one.

Mr.O

I can definitely see this competing with Craig of the Creek and just like that show, outdoing The Loud House, right outta the starting gate, IMHO. I'm definitely looking forward to hopefully being proven right with this one.
To be fair, outdoing TLH isn't that hard. It's just an average, slice of life show that's usually written rather competently. Stack it against other slice of life cartoons (Nick didn't have any since Harvey Beaks) and it doesn't come off as being that special.

Radical

Banned
Harvey Street Kids, it's my favorite awesome new girl-centered slice-of-life show, love "girl power" shows, next best slice-of-life show after The Mighty B!, Dot, Clarence, The Loud House, Harvey Beaks, The Ollie & Moon Show, Craig of the Creek, and Big City Greens.It looks pretty sweet/enjoyable with sweet animation/art style, and both Audrey, Lotta, and Dot are great funny likable cute girl protagonists, love them, this along with Big City Greens, Disenchanted(by Matt Groening), The Epic Tales of Captain Underpants, and Twelve Forever, best new shows I'll enjoy:D.

Last edited:

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
Finally saw the first two episodes. They didn't go for the "boy v. girl" thing like I feared and it was worth the wait. The show is like if The Powerpuff Girls mixed with Ed, Edd n Eddy. I'm not a regular binge watcher so, granted it'll take me a couple of days to watch the rest of the episodes. My favorite Harvey girl is probably Audrey.

Last edited:

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
Got around to watching the first few episodes and I'm enjoying it so far. Of the main trio, Lotta is my favorite. If I had to compare, I would say it's kinda like a pastel-colored, more ridiculous version of Craig of the Creek. I can imagine the crossover fanart right now.

Also, I can't help but notice that girl with the crazy huge bow whenever she shows up. It's that bow, man. My eyes just automatically lock in on that thing for some reason. :confused:

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
After watching a couple episodes, I wouldn't say it's Craig of the Creek good, but I definitely recommend watching some episodes if you can get away with it. I'm almost inclined to say it's better than that example, simply by having a better character art-style, even though what I compare it to definitely has better backgrounds to me.

IMHO, if nothing else, for a reboot of something old-school, it's one of few I consider doing it some actual justice. Something I feel Rocky & Bullwinkle / Mr. Peabody & Sherman (while still serviceable enough on their own merits) unfortunately miss the mark on for me, which is why I'm not into them as much as this, honestly.

So yeah - my first impression wasn't the best, but what comes after thankfully surpasses it.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
I finished watching all episodes and, wow, it was a ride. I really liked the setting and backgrounds. Also some old HarveyToons references (not just characters). Audrey suddenly became my spirit animal. ;)

I really hope for second season to come because that little cliffhanger brings me so many questions. I'll give this show 8/10.

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
I've seen most of the episodes, and the show is a lot better than I thought it would be. I enjoyed it.

The only real downside is that the booger and other gross out jokes aren't just not funny, they're almost nauseating. But thankfully, those are few and far between

Last edited:

Radical

Banned
After seeing those great episodes, I still find it amazing, entertaining, and enjoyable with great potential for "girl power" slice-of-life comedy, the old Harveytoons references and being a revival of the classic Harvey Comics was awesome, I'm a huge fan of the new "girl power" slice-of-life show, I hope for more seasons for it, Harvey Street Kids rocks:D!!!!

Mostly love Audrey/Lotta the most for their great funny moments, Audrey's toughness was cute/funny and Lotta, big cute strong girls are always awesome.

The other characters like Tiny, Bobby the Elder, Lucretia, The Harvey Street Bow the creepy girl(love her Mandy voice), Billy the skunk, the parrots, The Bloogey Boys: Melvin/Fredo/Pinkeye, Frufru, Chevron, Gerald, and the evil raccoons were awesome, likable, and enjoyable.Chevron so an Elodie offspring, but she's cute, love it.Grey-DeLisle Griffin awesome as Lucretia, The Harvey Street Bow, and Frufru, I do enjoy her characters and epic voicework:D.

Both the Bloogey Boys: Melvin/Fredo/Pinkeye, Frufru, and the evil raccoons, my favorite great enjoyable funny antagonists, sweet that the bully characters like Melvin/Fredo/Pinkeye and Frufru develop and be friends at times.

Last edited:

jasonnguyen2606

Even Audrey voice reminds me of Artemis from Young Justice because she was voiced by the same actress.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SuperSuck64

Misanthrope Supreme
This show is simply precious. I eagerly await more.

Also nice to see (er, hear) Roger Craig Smith show off some more range.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts