Harvey Beaks Series Talkback

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
The latest episode "Yeti Ready", really angered me with how stupid everyone was acting, in my honest opinion - just a whole lot of poorly - written stupidity and flanderization of rationally thinking characters (Harvey AND especially his dad!) - I thought this show knew better than this.

I'm starting to become worried about keeping up with this if this is what the writers think is funny / endearing, because it sure as fives isn't. This is the kind of stupidity that only works in shows like Uncle Grandpa, if you ask me, not a smarter show like this.

All I can think about after seeing this is Miriam slapping the ever - loving fives out of her husband and, worse more, her son (but thankfully, she won't go that far, but will hopefully ground Harvey for awhile to teach him a proper lesson!).

Freav

BeakFreav
Yeah I havent been able to watch this one yet (or Steamgate, for that matter) but have seen many negative comments about the attitude of the characters. I obviously cant know how I feel until I watch it, but lets hope its just an occasional dud if its one.

EDIT: Well, I watched it, and I don't know if I'm too much of a fan of this show at this point to be a good reference (not that I care about that, it's good to be critical but I like to have something to watch and just enjoy), but I liked the episode. Not the best of the show obviously (it might be the weaker episode), but I liked how it kinda mocked the idea of insane over protection some people have (especially in the USA, apparently, but how can I know).
Sure, there are better shows to do these kind of critical plots, like Clarence, but I applaud the effort. It could have handled better the actions of the characters (at least Irving knew when to stop), and I don't like the way Myriam was treated when they thought she was the yeti (I admit that was a bit too hard to watch) but at least they all learned their lesson in the end and realized how ridiculous it was.
So yeah, I liked the episode, and even if I hadnt, it kinda seemed like an outsider rather than an indication of where the show is going, so I'm ok with it.

Oh, I also watched Steamgate, it was lovely, I love how they gave Moff the spotlight, and I really liked the empathy the twins showed (they used to be outsiders anyways), the ending particularly sold it to me, extremely cute.

Last edited:

Freav

BeakFreav
"Terrybear" was a great episode. As much as I love the main character. I love when we have episodes that aren't about them. I think that this show has been growing a very strong cast, which is part why, I do think that it really can handle a longish duration. (last week's was a misfire tho, I like Rooter and he definetely deserves a stronger episode). Technobear's identity crisis might seem silly, but it was very entertaining to watch. I loved his parents, they are sure, umm. excentric.
The place where they met tho..., that made me laugh a lot.
I wonder if Technobear is adopted. If he reacted this way about knowing that "Technobear" wasnt his real name I can't even imagine how he will feel about that.

Next week we have a Mario Kart parody, I really can't wait for that.

SaneMan

Loved the part where Kratz complained about not having a personality

also, did Techno Bear just do a strip-tease?
never would have expected that from this show

and the ending punch-line was delightfully cruel
thought they would go the whole episode without adressing the elephant in the room (which in itself would be funny), but nope, they dropped the bomb XD

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
C.H. Greenblatt revealed a few details about upcoming episodes and season two last night during a Facebook Q&A, including:

- The crew are currently working on a Christmas special
- We'll get to meet Harvey's grandparents in a new episode
- The episode Double Digits will be about Harvey's tenth birthday
- The opening titles for S2 will feature a few new scenes

C.H. Greenblatt also hinted that a new episode may explore the origins of Fee and Foo!

Zanneck

I'm glad to see all of the recent episodes after that Yeti garbage are pretty good, and a proud reminder of why, exactly, I am looking forward to Season 2 of this show.

Freav

BeakFreav
Bark Kart was very good, I loved the mario kart references and the previous episodes references.

Zanneck

And....
It's sad to see them leaving Harvey Beaks, considering about Nick's bad treatment for Harvey Beaks
... This show is in for serious trouble. Seeing capable writers leave is just never a good sign in my opinion.

Freav

BeakFreav
I remain optimistic.
Many shows go through change of writters which might or might not result as a decline of the show. There are many writters that I trust enough so far, and even if it didn't work with Chowder, I still trust C.H.Greenblatt on carrying the show on a good road.
Interesting that the guy who runs the HarveyWriters twitter account is gonna leave, I really enjoyed that account and wonder what will happen with it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts