Staff member
Administrator
Aug 14, 2015
Massachusetts
HarveyBeaks.jpg

Hug Life/On the Fence
Episodes 80 and 81 (Episode 43)
Premieres December 18, 2017 at 8:30 P.M. on Nicktoons

Harvey has to prove he's tough to join Blister's greaser gang; Harvey finds an innocent project that could bring the community together, which, of course, does the exact opposite.
---
The Late Late Afternoon Show With Harvey Beaks/Grunicorn
Episodes 82 and 83 (Episode 44)
Premieres December 19, 2017 at 8:30 P.M. on Nicktoons

Harvey hosts a talk show in his living room, but goes off-script after he learns a terrible truth; the children race to find a rare magical creature that grants the winner their heart's desire.
---
Photo Finished/Squashbuckling
Episodes 84 and 85 (Episode 45)
Premieres December 20, 2017 at 8:30 P.M. on Nicktoons

Miriam gets into a social media war to prove Harvey and Michelle are the cutest kids in Littlebark; Randl eyes an old boat for scrap, but the vessel is infested with children pretending to be pirates.
---
Later Dingus/Hair to Help
Episodes 86 and 87 (Episode 46)
Premieres December 21, 2017 at 8:30 P.M. on Nicktoons
Fee learns how to say goodbye after a longtime friend passes away; Piri and Harvey try to help Tara after she loses her creative inspiration for hairstyling.
---
Break the Lake/The Amazing Harvey
Episodes 88 and 89 (Episode 47)
Premieres December 21, 2017 at 8:30 P.M. on Nicktoons
There's a new lake spirit in town who tries her best, but she's a hot mess; Harvey becomes a magician, but keeping the secrets behind the magic turns into a great burden.​

ToonJay723

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
New York
Hug Life
Cute episode. I love how Harvey went around his challenges, like announcing a fire drill, or cleaning up the deadly road.

One the Fence
Good episode. Shows how obsessed people are with picking a side, instead of thinking rationally.

Freav

BeakFreav
Oct 16, 2015
So I've seen all the episodes because I'm not from the United States. But I'm glad about this. We'll finally get to see them in high quality and I'll take any place I get to discuss about them.

Today's episodes are very good. On the Fence is probably my favorite of the two, probably the most political-ish episode of the show and Harve being dissapointed of democracy is both comical and charming. Hug Life is an entertaining episode all the way through too.

(Also, for those who were once interested in the show, nick probably has done its best to reduce the hype to a minimum (which was never really high anyways) but watch the episodes, you probably wouldn't be dissapointed.
Of the ones that air this week. Tomorrow episodes are great, and Later Dingus is a serious contender for the best of the show, I think it's admirable that they had the guts to do that episode.)

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Mar 11, 2005
California, USA
adultswim.toonzone.net
Man, it feels so good to be watching this show again. It's been way too long. Since Disney XD seems to be barren of premieres at the moment and CN's schedule is a trainwreck, it's nice to see that someone is treating us during the holidays.

On the Fence is definitely the better of the two.

ToonJay723

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
New York
The Late Late Afternoon Show with Harvey Beaks
Fun little episode that gets some of the ensemble cast together. It also shows Harvey isn't perfect and he unintentionally excludes some of his friends like Princess, and Mikey in his activities.

The Grunicorn
A nice and touching episode. I'm glad it ended on her making her wish, rather than tie up the episode in a nice bow.

Ghostbuster

Inside No. 9
Oct 23, 2015
London, UK
Sneak-peek of Missing Harvey:

Music by: Raymond Scott & Ego Plum | "Missing Harvey" premiered on December 27th, 2017 and is the first cartoon to license and feature the electronic compositions of Raymond Scott. The song is featured throughout the episode and also featured in multiple original arrangements by Ego Plum.

Reactions: 1 person

Freav

BeakFreav
Oct 16, 2015
The Late Afternoon and The Grunicorn are two of the best later episodes in my opinion. The Late Afternoon is very funny and charming, I also love the huge amount of musical nods to earlier episodes through the whole thing (one of the songs from Steampunks, the one from Secret Gordon amongst other things).

The Grunicorn is special, I wasn't sure if the version of the episode I'd seen had cutted a scene at the end but from the above comment I'll guess not. It's also the first episode since the very beginning of the show where we really see Fee worrying about her origins. The whole second half is very bittersweet, but handled perfectly, the ambientation helps, some lovely colors near the end of the episode.
Sneak-peek of Missing Harvey:

Music by: Raymond Scott & Ego Plum | "Missing Harvey" premiered on December 27th, 2017 and is the first cartoon to license and feature the electronic compositions of Raymond Scott. The song is featured throughout the episode and also featured in multiple original arrangements by Ego Plum.
Love to see Ego upload something again. Hope there's more before the end of the show..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jaylop97

PinkiePie97

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 14, 2015
Massachusetts
Later Dingus is a serious contender for the best of the show, I think it's admirable that they had the guts to do that episode.
I’m both surprised and not surprised that one has gone unnoticed (or at least I haven’t seen much on it). I didn’t even know what happens in it it until I drafted the talkback.

Freav

BeakFreav
Oct 16, 2015
Squashbuckling is a good, if slightly by the numbers, episode. Randl and his mom are entertaining as always.

I really like Photo Finished, it was just a very entertaining watch all the way through. Pretty sure I've seen that kind of plot (parents get addicted to technology) before but it was well done on this episode and it really goes along with Myriam's personality.

(All of this is from what I can recall when I saw them months ago, I'm very busy this week and will probably revisit these episodes when I have the time)

Reactions: jaylop97

Freav

BeakFreav
Oct 16, 2015
Later Dingus is incredible. It's easily the saddest episode of the series, and it gets even a bit hard to watch after the second half, but I'm glad they had the courage to do this one, because I think it's one of the most grounded and well handled episodes about death I've seen in a children cartoon.
The scene with Fee crying while reading the note is particularly tough, it feels nightmarish (without the show even forcing the feel) and I feel like it mirrors relly well what a kid could feel after the unexpected death of a loved one, especially one not familiar wth the concept of death (like Fee). I find it weird how this rather uplifting show was the one to do this kind of thing, which probably adds to the shock really.

Hair to Help was such an odd choice to follow this episode, as it's one of the most lightweight/silly episodes of the show. But it's also great, I love Tara and I'm glad that we finally see an episode focus on her. It's great having Rupaul's character back too of course. Now, talking about Rupaul, I think it's interesting how they went full drag queen in this episode, not even subtle hints, but the whole episode is sorta based on that

In all honesty, I think that both of these episodes represent a point where the show knew it was ending, CH Greenblatt wasn't particularly happy with the network (as we know), so it decided to take a lot more risks before the finale. I'm glad that they did it, because as a result, we get two favorites of mine.

Reactions: chum_chum

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Birthday to the great Akira Toriyama!
Today, variety in my country's Cartoon Network's schedule has died.
I'm Planning to make a New Qubo schedule With Several New and Returning Shows (With one of them being Jacob Two-Two), No Paid Programming and the Return of the 4 hour Marathons.
Today marks the 10th Year Anniversary of Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated and the 7th Year Anniversary of its series finale. It ended up becoming my favorite adaptation of the Scooby-Doo Franchise and found out about Lewis Black by name (I had heard his voice in some earlier shows).
Happy birthday to Akira Toriyama. My moniker here should make it clear that I am a fan of the DB Franchise.