"Harley Quinn" Season Two Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Rate this season

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 1 20.0%

• ***1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• Total voters

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
www.411mania.com
I don't think Harley should feel too bad about reviving Joker considering he was on the edge of that already. All it took was that thug attacking him to nearly bring it out of him again. It was inevitable.

It's hard to really feel sorry for Kite Man. I don't think Ivy really loves him and never has. She's just been settling for him.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Harley Quinn "Dye Hard"

Dr. Psycho is such a little turd. I guess he's the Big Bad of the season.

I could always take or leave Sy but he got a pretty great death scene.

Part of me was dreading Joker getting his memories back. And the other part is like "That abusive eff does NOT deserve that happy ending." Harley pushing him into the chemicals isn't tragic. It serves him right.

Buff Riddler's riddles are now stupider. That tracks.

Harley Quinn saying that p words are strong and birthed the entire human race is the selling point of this show in a nutshell. I hope the incels were very unhappy with that line.

I half enjoyed it, but things could go either way next week. All things being equal, Ivy's absence was noticed, and I think the episode was worse off for it. ***1/2.

Reactions: Frontier

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
May 18, 2006
East Northport
"Dye Hard" - This is again another one of those episodes I do really wish I hadn't gotten any spoilers of and people weren't so quick to post vids of it right after it came out blah blah blah. Though I will say going in knowing that the premise involved the return of Regular Joker, Psycho, Gordon, Riddler and the Parademons I kind of thought like the sixth episode this season this would be one of those "tries way too much but doesn't really come together" well kind of plots. Like yeah I would like how this has a lot going on but wouldn't come to a cohesive narrative or dramatic hole. But it actually does because this one takes all of this elements and ties them together as yeah we're nearing the endgame of this season or possible series and seems like we're building to the last big arc point and I have to say how this came together really worked for me. Like yeah I knew and was waiting for the reveal of Riddler breaking back out again because though they had set up all the way back in episode 3 of this season that was going to happen but I have to say I did not see him actually teaming up with Psycho and the two forming a partnership and Psycho being the one to help him in escape so he could cause a diversion so Psycho could get a device to control all the Parademons. Like wow that is a brilliant way of wrapping up all of those plot ends: Psycho's annoyances with Harley Quinn not going all the way as a villain and wanting to have his own form of control; Riddler out there being a threat and actually doing something with those Parademons which honestly I almost would of been fine with a "oh and they were just sucked away after Harley broke that control sphere down the line" but no there actually was a plan with them. And also like how this actually does give Quinn an excuse to actually want to break the Justice League out of that book prison she wouldn't of wanted to before. I was actually going to make a comment in response to Frontier asking about it saying "well that isn't something Harley would do and we'd focus on as that's something you'd see the Justice League Dark tryng to do and considering how this isn't the Zatanna and John Constantine show we're not going to see that" but yeah they actually gave a reason for it. And heck even a reason albeit still a bad idea one for Harley to actually want Joker to come back. I hope this show sticks to its guns and has her totally just over him and not taking any of his crap but yeah this is clearly one of those bad ideas but could see why the character would think it's their last option left. I especially like too Harley pointing out "look I keep messing up and making bad ideas but now have to do something to make things right" still not realizing she's making things worse. Because yeah at the same time there's a level of self awareness of the character's folleys but them still not totally getting that problem which is done well when you aren't annoyed or POed at the character but at the same time realize they are making this terrible decision. I also was surpirsed they actually did kill of Sy Borgman. Granted this is only his... what second appearance in the entire season but that was a character who was in a lot of season one and had built up the connection to the crew so him throwing his own life to get Harley and the others out of the shield was actually well handled so kudos there. Plus yeah throwing in Psycho taking control of Clayface and King Shark just to really screw with Quinn honestly does make him out to be this real legit villain. Which you kind of keep forgetting in this series that's what he's supposed to be and always presented himself as but really works well in this episode.

This is one of those episodes that honestly is kind of light on laughs. There are some good jokes about sharks apparently being relly religious, Clayface obessed with the Tonys, Normal joker killing someone with a pencil and not realizing he was doing that, Gordon being happy at finally getting a chance to use the bat missiles, some of the random goon conversations especially the one just hit with a cancer ray and Quinn even asking why that's a thing as the just wants to leave after that. Oh and really dug the joke of Clayface thinking Psycho and Riddler hooked up sexually and being happy at him for being who he is and Psycho trying to point out the two have just a working relationship and Psycho's annoyance at not being able to control Borgman due to his metal plate. But... honestly sort of light on laughs honestly. I blame the fact the first half had a lot of Normal Joker who I know the point is he is a more normal guy and isn't trying to be regularly funny but the bits here with him didn't really work and how forced he was even if it was to the annoyance of Harley as a tag along did get on the audience some. Also I kind of thought we were at a better point with Gordon then to see him whiny about not being able to just blow up Parademons and Batman being more willing to rest some but eh guess at least those were more minor points. This is one of those episodes with a slower start that really got going once all the pieces started coming together and with only 3 episodes left in this show really wondering where everything is going to go. I do also like after how the last one ended this is the first episode of the show that only has Harley Quinn in it without Poison Ivy but do hope we see her again before the finale. But still mostly for how the plot was set up and making up this last arc of the show (potentially) good stuff here. Not the funniest episode or rewatchable which honestly last episode really was one of those looking back on it but works on it's own story merits.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
I thought this was a pretty good episode. As entertaining as the romantic sub-plots are, it was cool to see more focus on some of the stories set up so far.

The sane Joker plot is pretty intriguing and he did provide a few amusing scenes. I liked how they showed him slowly regaining his memories but something still interrupted him before turning back into the Clown Prince of Crime. It's also kind of cool how he's apparently needed to bring the Justice League back, a plot I thought the show kind of forgot about or at least didn't really have plans to address again this season. The interactions between Harley and sane Joker were fun but the role reversal at the end with the former trying to re-create the Joker was a pretty cool way to end the episode.

Psycho turning against his former crew wasn't all that surprising though I didn't expect Riddler to be in on all of this. The Parademons also provided some neat action scenes, but I think I enjoyed the hostage situation at Wayne Towers a bit more.

I liked how they also managed to focus on some of the other characters, however brief. Like Gordon taking down Joker or fighting Parademons, and last but not least Sy's sacrifice. Though I wouldn't be surprised if his eye might mean we haven't seen the last of him yet.

I was expecting to see Ivy somewhere in all this, but I think the story flowed nicely without her this time and it did help show Harley more determined to do some good (even if it means bringing back the Joker).

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
www.411mania.com
Isn't that more reason to feel sorry for him? It's not like that's his fault :(.
I know fans are sort of really into his whole schlubby D-list super-villain lovable lummox act. I don't really find it all that charming. Quite frankly, I think it's pretty clear that Ivy just probably adopted him as her own personal beard, partially without really knowing it.

I guess on a superficial level it is more reason to feel sorry for him, but he's already got this lovable lummox type, so he's already laying it on thick with the whole "average joe working d-list supervillain" angle.

I think the last couple episodes made it clear that Ivy/Harley is the OTP for this show.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I know fans are sort of really into his whole schlubby D-list super-villain lovable lummox act. I don't really find it all that charming. Quite frankly, I think it's pretty clear that Ivy just probably adopted him as her own personal beard, partially without really knowing it.

I guess on a superficial level it is more reason to feel sorry for him, but he's already got this lovable lummox type, so he's already laying it on thick with the whole "average joe working d-list supervillain" angle.

I think the last couple episodes made it clear that Ivy/Harley is the OTP for this show.
I mean, setting aside Ivy's intentions, I think Kite Man's a nice guy who probably deserved better then being someone's second choice or who she "settled" on, not to mention all the cheating.

Reactions: -batmat-

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Psycho turning against his former crew wasn't all that surprising though I didn't expect Riddler to be in on all of this.
A part of me is skeptical of the alliance and wonders if Riddler is going to try to make a play in the season finale to double cross him.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if his eye might mean we haven't seen the last of him yet.
I feeling like it will random like Harley trips, the eye rolls out, Psycho slips on it and breaks the helmet so much it goes haywire and the Parademons go ballistic on everyone.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
A part of me is skeptical of the alliance and wonders if Riddler is going to try to make a play in the season finale to double cross him.
A part of me does think Riddler hasn't fully put his stock in Psycho, he's mocked him enough to know he's a liability :ack:.
I feeling like it will random like Harley trips, the eye rolls out, Psycho slips on it and breaks the helmet so much it goes haywire and the Parademons go ballistic on everyone.
I guess that's how Sy would want to contribute, if it happened :sweat:.

ShadowStar

Nov 11, 2006
USA
Hmm, if the Joker had the Book of Fables in his hands then surely he would have done something with it... Sorry to be so pessimistic but perhaps it will turn out that he burned the book, or at least doodled in it to make "changes" to the characters inside (the Justice League) that would modify them in horrible ways.

Reactions: RoyalRubble

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Hmm, if the Joker had the Book of Fables in his hands then surely he would have done something with it... Sorry to be so pessimistic but perhaps it will turn out that he burned the book, or at least doodled in it to make "changes" to the characters inside (the Justice League) that would modify them in horrible ways.
Maybe he locked it up somewhere for later and fixated only on torturing Batman so he wasn't so bored that he would resort to messing with the book yet.

Reactions: RoyalRubble

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
www.411mania.com
I mean, setting aside Ivy's intentions, I think Kite Man's a nice guy who probably deserved better then being someone's second choice or who she "settled" on, not to mention all the cheating.
I mean is he that nice? Poison Ivy is trying to have an honest conversation with him, and then he's like, "I care about what you think...and I also care about 'dat ***." Sort of objectifying her.

I get why fans like Kite Man, but the relationship seemed somewhat hollow to me. This outcome was inevitable.

As for the cheating, well Poison Ivy is a supervillain and people make mistakes. This show is a comedic look at the DC Universe. The writers shouldn't have to make Kite Man/Poison Ivy the thing because it appeases fans and people started shipping them.

Also, I think Kite Man being a "nice guy" is likely the point. Sometimes relationships are messy and people will get hurt despite the intentions. Even though Kite Man is a nice guy and doesn't "deserve" this, Ivy just isn't truly happy with him and isn't in love with him.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I mean is he that nice? Poison Ivy is trying to have an honest conversation with him, and then he's like, "I care about what you think...and I also care about 'dat ***." Sort of objectifying her.
I think he's proven that he very much respects and appreciates her...he's also very attracted to her, which he's open about, but never in an uncomfortable way in my opinion.
I get why fans like Kite Man, but the relationship seemed somewhat hollow to me. This outcome was inevitable.
I thought it was sweet and refreshing compared to the expected Harley/Ivy pairing, but to each their own :).
As for the cheating, well Poison Ivy is a supervillain and people make mistakes. This show is a comedic look at the DC Universe. The writers shouldn't have to make Kite Man/Poison Ivy the thing because it appeases fans and people started shipping them.
I mean, I know they're villains but Ivy's come off as someone who believes or acts like she's loyal to the people she cares about or says she cares about. People make mistakes but a wrong is a wrong in my opinion :ack:.
Also, I think Kite Man being a "nice guy" is likely the point. Sometimes relationships are messy and people will get hurt despite the intentions. Even though Kite Man is a nice guy and doesn't "deserve" this, Ivy just isn't truly happy with him and isn't in love with him.
Well, that definitely seems to be the intention the writer's part.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
May 13, 2006
Advanced Idea Mechanics
I do think Ivy started out genuinely liking Kite Man at first. She said it herself that she was attracted to his strong sense of confidence, especially since she lacks it. Plus, they have a lot of common emotionally, as seen when Ivy tells off Kite Man's parents. It almost felt like she was standing up to her own awful parents. It's just that the kiss is starting to have both Harley and Ivy re-evaluate their friendship and wonder if it's more romantic than they expected.

Yeah, Riddler was totally using Psycho's insecurities against him a few episodes ago. Who's not to say he's using him again?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
HarleyQuinn.jpg

Friday, June 12, 2020 - #24 "A Fight Worth Fighting For"
Synopsis: If she's to defeat Psycho's army, Harley needs Joker's help finding Fables' storybook that's holding the Justice League inside. The book is in the worst place possible… Joker's ex-girlfriend's house. But when she learned she was dating an evil mastermind, she threw the book out of the house only for it to get snatched up by a curious ParaDemon. Harley and Joker must track the book down, and on their adventure, both come to the realization that they must fight for their respective true loves. Meanwhile, Psycho and Riddler prepare for their master plan calling on Darkseid for help. And Kite Man and Ivy make last minute wedding preparations.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I was expecting The Joker would feel some residual effects from his "sane" self, but...Joker in a healthy romantic relationship? I dunno. I mean it was one thing for him to realize he had some kind of feelings for Harley by the end of season 1 since it was feelings realized in a messed up way that only Joker would, but I'm not sure if I can believe a psychopath like Joker could ever truly love someone unless it was just a residual effect from when he was capable of it in his previous form. And that would leave the relationship being pretty messed up from Joker having to reconcile all that. Although I guess Harley is also kind of psychotic and well and truly loves Ivy :confused:.

I kept expecting a reveal that Harley never actually implanted a bomb in Joker and was just bluffing. Guess we'll never know :rolleyes2:.

"Hey Batcomputer..." yeah, that just doesn't have the right ring to it :sweat:.

I continue to feel so bad for Kite-Man. Ivy is going full force with the wedding and even Kite-Man can tell she seems to be rushing things and avoiding dealing with Harley for some reason. All her declarations about wanting to marry him and love him just feel more hollow now, and he doesn't deserve that. And while Ivy in that wedding dress was absolutely gorgeous, Kite-Man seeing it and the way this story is developing indicates that dress will probably end up wasted :(.

Batman's finally back! And seemingly does not know his villains as well as he used to, or at least their improbable romantic drama :ack:.

It wasn't bad enough Sy sacrificed himself, but now Psycho is hold up in the mall and planning his takeover of Gotham :mad:.

Jeez, why do all these massive attacks and mass-deaths keep happening to Gotham? Aside from Batman, why is it so special :knd1:?

We finally get to learn Psycho's origin (at least for his motivation to be a villain)...even if the punchline was why he hates women, which didn't quite make sense with the way the story was going. But it's Psycho, so that tracks :shrug:.

Ha! Even Darkseid thinks the C-word is a bit too much :p.

Joker with a crowbar! Name a more iconic duo ;).

Despite everything that's happened between the two of them, Joker and Harley make a killer tag-team :cool:.

I get Bethany was in love with whoever the Joker was before becoming The Joker again (which they still haven't really explained) but I don't know of any sane human being who would want to be with Clown Prince of Crime or even let him near their kids. Then again this was the same woman who in a fit of rage threw out a chance to save the city, so maybe she's not the best decision-maker o_O.

The Justice League is finally free! Hopefully this is setting up a big climactic battle sequence for the finale :D.

Poor John still gets no lines, even though Flash does. Just have Phil LaMarr play John again :).

Scott Porter as The Flash? You don't cast a name like Scott Porter and then only have him deliver one or two lines, so I'm guessing we'll be getting more Flash soon (if only wishful thinking on my part). This would be the first time Porter has been in a Bat-Universe cartoon proper after playing Nightwing in the Arkham games and Damian in Injustice II :anime:.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
"A Fight Worth Fighting For" is an interesting mirror to "Dye Hard". Whereas in "Dye Hard" we saw Harley venting her problems to sane Joker, the world's best listener, we've got the opposite with Joker challenging Harley on her hang ups and excuses and coming to terms with his own love life. And all of it was thanks to the narrative set up of Harley pulling a Waller and putting a bomb in his head to ensure complicity in the hunt for the Queen of Fables' book. Hate to say it but Joker has some great retorts in this episode like, "I can't believe you were ever a therapist." And seeing them fight pretty much as equal partners like she always wanted in the Parademon hive was such an odd and vivid contrast to the series premiere on the banker's yacht. Hard to believe that was only 22 episodes ago and so much has changed. They're even bantering with Batman in the backseat of the Batplane telling him how dumb his accusation is and all he can say is "Oh." -- like what?!

The Joker's arc in this episode might be met with objection and/or skepticism from the DC fanbase. I mean, the Joker realizes he found true love and makes amends with Bethany? What?! But it's not out of nowhere. I'm not talking about sane Joker this season. Although it was the right choice to have Joker remember the memories of sane Joker rather than erase them. Then you have an interesting amalgamation and funnier nuances like Joker mentioning Benecio is lactose intolerant in the same sentence saying serial killers can be dads, too. If you think back to the season one finale, the Joker got bored with his takeover of Gotham and felt there was still a void in his life. He thought erasing Harley was the solution but then, of course, things backfired for him. But picking up on an existing thread and answering something no one could have predicted was going to be brought up again, lends a bit more credibility to the producers doing a 'happy ending' twist for the Joker. And the irony is that Harley's failure is what convinces him to give it another shot with Bethany. That's the reasonable approach to it, but there will still be dissent about it. The one nitpick is they didn't address Joker knowing Batman's secret identity but the pacing and editing was so well done, there wasn't really a place for it. Hopefully it comes up but not a deal breaker if it doesn't. But let's talk about the debut of Bethany at long last. Not what I was thinking. But I love it. She's a civilian but not exactly an angel. Just the montage alone, especially of her breaking a bottle and saving sane Joker from the big angry motorist endeared me to her. She's a mother of two and nurse so she definitely cares about humankind in general and took on a thankless job, but she's pragmatic, too, and knows how to handle herself on the streets.

It's scary good how well everything is going for Dr. Psycho. He's got Gotham and the Parademon army (and I'm just gonna saw I love these recurring bird jokes). And now he's got Darkseid's backing and Ivy. While not as extensive as King Shark, we do still get back story on Dr. Psycho (leaving just Clayface's past unexplored) and insight into his sadism and dwarfism. Tacking on that's when he decided to hate women and Darkseid's reaction was the clincher and coup de grace of comedy gold. I'm still suspicious of Riddler though. He looked down on Psycho so much at the start of the season then allies with him, if there's not a last minute betrayal in the works – I'd be surprised. But overall, Psycho's arc into becoming the surprise big bad was seamless and well plotted. There's no question it's got me happily guessing how he will get his comeuppance.

Okay, so Ivy is running away from confronting her feelings unlike Harley and she isn't pushing back the wedding after Debbie the Wedding Planner is carried off. But how can she double down and not aware of sabotaging the wedding by taking Kite Man shopping for the wedding dress? Even Kite Man points out how it's against protocol. She has really just built a pillow fort in her mind and is staying there. But hilariously enough, he seems to be pretty good at it. The cream question was well played and hilarious. I love the last straw was a $13,000 Vera Wang she wasn't sure about getting damaged was the final straw. Psycho taking advantage of the situation and pitting a mind controlled Ivy against Harley next episode is a pretty perfect set up for the penultimate episode of the season and a damn good metaphor for the status of their relationship. I wonder if they're going for a reversal of last season, in a way, and when Ivy comes to at the end, she sees Harley's body and realizes she might have killed her. Totally bet on a Crisis on Infinite Earths posing for the final shot.

Zatanna, Wonder Woman, Superman, The Flash, and Green Lantern are a sight for sore eyes and a welcome return at long last. As one of the lingering threads from the end of season one, makes sense they would be back at the end of season two. Much like they were around to finish off the tree monsters, it looks like they'll be around to finish off the Parademons next week. Although, a part of wonders if Darkseid will pay a visit to Earth and end up fighting the League, too. Or will Psycho just put the psychic whammy on them, too, and make more problems for Harley? Certainly Wonder Woman knows how to deal with Psycho and his telepathy so that shouldn't happen. Alfred, while in a brief scene, is still utterly delightful. Totally destructing how writer's oversplain and underestimate how much the audience can be adept at with context clues. They went there. They totally went there.

I really loved all the references, easter eggs, and callbacks this week. We see the maze at Riddle U from a bird's eye point of view. The Batcomputer is always a choice way to slip in some easter eggs. Listing some famous creatives as Joker and Harley's known accomplices is as awesome as it gets. One of Harley's listed crimes "Nuclear Intimidation" was a nice nod to her Harley Quinn Highway scheme last season. The majority of easter eggs were all really hilariously crafted really. Joker admitting he liked The Sopranos, even Darkseid knowing about Psycho's c-word debacle -- can I just say I love the indirectly funny Darkseid? On hold, using the I'm late for a meeting, that doesn't track – Psycho's address book is a who's who of villains whose names start with a "D", a funny send up of the Nighthawks painting, Harley remembering Jurassic Park rules. Joker's classic maniacal laugh interrupted by a series of slaps? What?! The callbacks and easter eggs were so on point this week! Ton more but well played. Well played.

The bookends with Frank and Chaz are much more enjoyable and likable than the fanboys in "Batman's Back, Man" and still hilariously meta but focused on the show. Frank's meta line about himself tested while and being shoehorned by the producers whenever possible? That was just comedy gold if not just kinda true. Or the recurring award name drops, not caring how to pronounce Darkseid's name correctly, complimenting the interwoven storytelling, and throwing a tantrum about getting butter in his popcorn. All rounded up with a hat tip to William Dozier's Batman '66 narrations. It would be pretty entertaining if Frank and Chaz did podcast commentaries of each episode.

"A Fight Worth Fighting For" keeps the momentum going, throws out more twists and turns, and ups the stakes even more as another near perfect season draws to an explosive finale. The show can do no wrong, the execution and pacing is flawless, the themes and story fleshes out the world and the most unlikely of characters while pushing Harley to try one more time with Ivy. Hope and a corner has turned with the liberation of the Justice League but with the most inopportune of timing, she has to fight a mind controlled Ivy without harming her or worse while trying to avoid getting killed herself. Dr. Psycho has proven himself to be the big threat no one saw coming.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
The Joker's arc in this episode might be met with objection and/or skepticism from the DC fanbase. I mean, the Joker realizes he found true love and makes amends with Bethany? What?! But it's not out of nowhere. I'm not talking about sane Joker this season. Although it was the right choice to have Joker remember the memories of sane Joker rather than erase them. Then you have an interesting amalgamation and funnier nuances like Joker mentioning Benecio is lactose intolerant in the same sentence saying serial killers can be dads, too. If you think back to the season one finale, the Joker got bored with his takeover of Gotham and felt there was still a void in his life. He thought erasing Harley was the solution but then, of course, things backfired for him. But picking up on an existing thread and answering something no one could have predicted was going to be brought up again, lends a bit more credibility to the producers doing a 'happy ending' twist for the Joker. And the irony is that Harley's failure is what convinces him to give it another shot with Bethany. That's the reasonable approach to it, but there will still be dissent about it. The one nitpick is they didn't address Joker knowing Batman's secret identity but the pacing and editing was so well done, there wasn't really a place for it. Hopefully it comes up but not a deal breaker if it doesn't. But let's talk about the debut of Bethany at long last. Not what I was thinking. But I love it. She's a civilian but not exactly an angel. Just the montage alone, especially of her breaking a bottle and saving sane Joker from the big angry motorist endeared me to her. She's a mother of two and nurse so she definitely cares about humankind in general and took on a thankless job, but she's pragmatic, too, and knows how to handle herself on the streets.
I guess it's not so much the idea that Joker can fall in love, which was established at the end of the first season, but the idea of it as this heartwarming or "good" thing when we saw how he acted on his feelings for Harley. Unless he's really changed but he's acting like he hasn't :confused:.
It's scary good how well everything is going for Dr. Psycho. He's got Gotham and the Parademon army (and I'm just gonna saw I love these recurring bird jokes). And now he's got Darkseid's backing and Ivy. While not as extensive as King Shark, we do still get back story on Dr. Psycho (leaving just Clayface's past unexplored) and insight into his sadism and dwarfism. Tacking on that's when he decided to hate women and Darkseid's reaction was the clincher and coup de grace of comedy gold. I'm still suspicious of Riddler though. He looked down on Psycho so much at the start of the season then allies with him, if there's not a last minute betrayal in the works – I'd be surprised. But overall, Psycho's arc into becoming the surprise big bad was seamless and well plotted. There's no question it's got me happily guessing how he will get his comeuppance.
They're alluding to some degree that his new physique has effected Riddler's intelligence to some degree, so maybe that's a factor in why he might be subservient to Psycho now :ack:.
Zatanna, Wonder Woman, Superman, The Flash, and Green Lantern are a sight for sore eyes and a welcome return at long last. As one of the lingering threads from the end of season one, makes sense they would be back at the end of season two. Much like they were around to finish off the tree monsters, it looks like they'll be around to finish off the Parademons next week. Although, a part of wonders if Darkseid will pay a visit to Earth and end up fighting the League, too. Or will Psycho just put the psychic whammy on them, too, and make more problems for Harley? Certainly Wonder Woman knows how to deal with Psycho and his telepathy so that shouldn't happen. Alfred, while in a brief scene, is still utterly delightful. Totally destructing how writer's oversplain and underestimate how much the audience can be adept at with context clues. They went there. They totally went there.
I kind of keep forgetting Psycho is one of Wonder Woman's villains. When was the last time a Wonder Woman villain was the Big Bad of a DC cartoon :p?
I really loved all the references, easter eggs, and callbacks this week. We see the maze at Riddle U from a bird's eye point of view. The Batcomputer is always a choice way to slip in some easter eggs. Listing some famous creatives as Joker and Harley's known accomplices is as awesome as it gets. One of Harley's listed crimes "Nuclear Intimidation" was a nice nod to her Harley Quinn Highway scheme last season. The majority of easter eggs were all really hilariously crafted really. Joker admitting he liked The Sopranos, even Darkseid knowing about Psycho's c-word debacle -- can I just say I love the indirectly funny Darkseid? On hold, using the I'm late for a meeting, that doesn't track – Psycho's address book is a who's who of villains whose names start with a "D", a funny send up of the Nighthawks painting, Harley remembering Jurassic Park rules. Joker's classic maniacal laugh interrupted by a series of slaps? What?! The callbacks and easter eggs were so on point this week! Ton more but well played. Well played.
Psycho knows a lot of people :cool:.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Would you believe I was first exposed to Angelica Hale through here?
Oh look at that. My cable provider wants me to pay even MORE money just so I can watch the new Owl House episode on DisneyNow. Are you kidding me?
The winner is "Let's Meet Sonic", which got 3 votes. "Monster Party" got 1 vote. The next matchup is animated crossovers with live action shows. This time it's between "Halloween Night At The Museum" (Ultimate Spiderman & Jessie) and ScoobyNatural (Supernatural & Scooby Doo).

If schedule listings are to be believed, it appears as though Toonami will be airing reruns of DBS' Universe Survival Saga starting tonight.
Can we talk about how a French home video company had an opening logo consisting of an animated Groucho Marx set to disco music? I especially like the Fender Rhodes solo during the second half, even if it's just the warning message.