"Harley Quinn (HBO Max)" Animated Series News & Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Interview with Justin Halpern.

Season One
-Halpern recalls Vanessa Marshall being perplexed when she started recording, being unaware of the adult nature of the series when she signed on.
-Bader was also shocked when he had to voice the Batman-Robin arch-nemesis talk that ended with Robin asking about sex.

Season Three
-They haven't started casting or recording new voices for season 3 yet.
-Halpern would like to cast Nathan Fielder, John Wilson, Joe Perra for a trio of villains.
-Mad Hatter appears in one of the episodes.
-They are going to do 'something with the Joker that has never been done in any story' in a stand alone Joker episode like "Batman's Back, Man".
-There will also be a trip into someone's brain in season 3 that will be really special for DC fans.
-Halpern estimates season 3 will stream at the very end of 2021 to beginning of 2022.

Frontier

Staff member
Season One
-Halpern recalls Vanessa Marshall being perplexed when she started recording, being unaware of the adult nature of the series when she signed on.
-Bader was also shocked when he had to voice the Batman-Robin arch-nemesis talk that ended with Robin asking about sex.
I guess even having worked with older or adult DC Animation, there's still only so much you can expect when you get a gig o_O.
Season Three
-Halpern would like to cast Nathan Fielder, John Wilson, Joe Perra for a trio of villains.
Terrible Trio too obvious :rolleyes2:?
-Mad Hatter appears in one of the episodes.
I kind of wonder what the show's take on him would be like :confused:.
They are going to do 'something with the Joker that has never been done in any story' in a stand alone Joker episode like "Batman's Back, Man".
Joker getting his own episode? I'm guessing it'll involve his life with the girlfriend and kids, but I wasn't too crazy about that in season 2 :(.
-There will also be a trip into someone's brain in season 3 that will be really special for DC fans.
I wouldn't think it would be Ivy, we're not getting as much of her backstory this season, but maybe Batman :)?
-Halpern estimates season 3 will stream at the very end of 2021 to beginning of 2022.
Good to hear :cool:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Terrible Trio too obvious :rolleyes2:?
3/12: Ha ha, that would be a good one. Here I was thinking of some C and D-listers like Killer Moth, Calculator, and Zebra Man.
I kind of wonder what the show's take on him would be like :confused:.
I mean, any DC character really at this point, lol. Or if they're doing the mainstream version Jervis Tetch or the one on Batman '66.
Joker getting his own episode? I'm guessing it'll involve his life with the girlfriend and kids, but I wasn't too crazy about that in season 2 :(.
I do admit I want to see Joker as a soccer dad on this show, lmao.
I wouldn't think it would be Ivy, we're not getting as much of her backstory this season, but maybe Batman :)?
Yeah, I think it's either him or Jim Gordon.

3/22: Schumacker confirmed Clock King will appear in season 3.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So...Silver Age Clock King? DCAU Clock King? Rebirth Clock King :p?
I guess it's either a take o the DCAU Fugate or the 2nd one that 1st apeared in Connor/Palmiotti's run in the HQ comics. There was only the brief cameo when Ivy did her set at the Pit in season 2's "There's No Place to Go But Down". He was wearing the clock style glasses with the hour and minute hands.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Hmm, and further into the tweets, he seems to confirm Golden Glider shows up in the third episode.
I never expected she'd make her first animated appearance in a Harley Quinn cartoon, but now I think all the main Flash Rogues have finally appeared in animation :).

I'm hoping that means a Central City episode, maybe, with Scott Porter's Flash and maybe some of the other Rogues ;).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
If the guest-star really is a wrestler it seems like a natural progression from other relatively recent animated movies (i.e. Scooby-Doo, Flintstones or Jetsons) where a bunch of wrestlers showed up. But it's probably too early to start speculating or jumping to conclusions about that. John Cena is such a vague hint. :p

Golden Glider should be fun.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts