"Harley Quinn (DC Universe)" Animated Series News & Discussion, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Am I misremembering something, or was this supposed to be the second half of Season 1? Just days ago, I thought I heard this new episode referred to as the mid-season finale.
It's the typical thing they've been doing since like the DC Nation era of animated series. Crew thinks it's one 26 episode season, the studio says it's two 13 episode seasons. Take your pick.

I think the off-world episode is an Apokolips one. Malice Vunderbarr was one of the characters reported to appear but has yet to show up.

Cool, the next 13 episodes are almost all in the can.

Dr. Trapps? Can't say I recognized the name, but coincidentally in the comics, he showed up in just one Harley comic. Hmm.

Romance in the next half, eh? Hmm.

A Themyscira episode?! Ooo.

Glad they cleared up that Robbie was just kept in the loop about what the series was doing.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
It'll be interesting to see what their takes on Catwoman and Batgirl is like. They didn't want Ivy as a seductress, so what will Catwoman's personality be like :confused:?

I'll give them credit. I did not know who Doctor Trapp was o_O.

I get why people want to see Harley and Ivy together, but is it wrong that I would like to see more of them as loyal gal pals instead of lovers? That feels more like their dynamic as depicted on the show. Plus, I like Kite Man :).

I am down for getting into Ivy's background more :cool:.

I can't wait to see the Themyscira episode. I hope they bring Psycho :p.

I'm glad I noticed the accent too :anime:.

Frontier

Staff member
-Alfred Molina voices Dr. Freeze
That's awesome. Kind of reminds me of when they had Peter Stormare as Freeze in JLA :).
-Harley will have a target on her back, Batman's male rogues gallery don't take kindly to her ascendancy and conspire against her
So I guess Harley is now the Clown Queen of Crime with Joker and Batman gone? It'll be nice to see more of the rogues :evil:.
-Catwoman is a recurring character
Gotham City Sirens representing ;).

I'm curious if she'll care about what happened to Batman...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
That's awesome. Kind of reminds me of when they had Peter Stormare as Freeze in JLA :).
Hopefully he'll be used more times than. ;) It's nice, too, because we had a little bit of a build up to him on HQ - exposed himself/cried on TV for PR, his old hideout was for sale, was amid the LOD in the older group photo I think.

So I guess Harley is now the Clown Queen of Crime with Joker and Batman gone? It'll be nice to see more of the rogues :evil:.
Yes, as I thought. Does seem like there's gonna be a big brewhaha. Wonder who Bane will side with. Through the course of the first season, seems like the only Gotham rogue besides Ivy and Kite Man who was on good terms with Harl. But then again, he blew up King Shark by mistake. Man-Bat was amid the Arkham inmates cheering her on I think. Penguin was a jerk to her. Scarecrow sided with Joker. KGBeast lost his nuke and LOD membership to her so doubt he likes her. Maybe Two-Face. But 50:50 he's still alive. Should be fun as it sounds like they're going all out with the Batman rogues gallery. Man, if they get into the C and D listers like Polka Dot Man or Zebra Man. lol.

I'm curious if she'll care about what happened to Batman...
I'm curious how they're gonna portray her. Team Harley, sides with the other rogues, or a wild card.

Frontier

Staff member
Hopefully he'll be used more times than. ;) It's nice, too, because we had a little bit of a build up to him on HQ - exposed himself/cried on TV for PR, his old hideout was for sale, was amid the LOD in the older group photo I think.
I wonder if they'd bring up Nora, although I'm not sure if there's a way to turn that into comedy :sweat:.
Yes, as I thought. Does seem like there's gonna be a big brewhaha. Wonder who Bane will side with. Through the course of the first season, seems like the only Gotham rogue besides Ivy and Kite Man who was on good terms with Harl. But then again, he blew up King Shark by mistake. Man-Bat was amid the Arkham inmates cheering her on I think. Penguin was a jerk to her. Scarecrow sided with Joker. KGBeast lost his nuke and LOD membership to her so doubt he likes her. Maybe Two-Face. But 50:50 he's still alive. Should be fun as it sounds like they're going all out with the Batman rogues gallery. Man, if they get into the C and D listers like Polka Dot Man or Zebra Man. lol.
Riddler seems okay with her. Probably still appreciated getting King Shark off his hands :p.
I'm curious how they're gonna portray her. Team Harley, sides with the other rogues, or a wild card.
I'm leaning towards wild card, or that she might be like a "spoiler" character who throws off the Harley and Ivy dynamic for her own ends ;).

colomb

I'm not really sure those numbers prove much of anything. Young Justice made a lot of noise on the internet back in the day but the overall viewership wasn't that impressive, only slightly better than imported shows like Johnny Test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts