Happy "Happy World Land" Day from "Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent My Vacation"

Tommy Lawson

Staff member
I am fascinated when stories place specific far off future dates and they arrive. After the events centered around Back to the Future day on October 21, 2015, Tiny Toon Adventures has its own specific date: today, April 6, 2021! AV Club has an article about it. Today's date was specifically mentioned by Plucky Duck in the 1992 direct-to-video feature How I Spent My Vacation to when he guessed he and Hamton's family would arrive at the theme park Happy World Land using a map. However, while they arrive far earlier than 2021, the fact Tiny Toon Adventures is still remembered on this date three decades later is a reminder of its legacy. One of my favorite memories from the video is indeed Hamton's and Plucky's trip. The movie mentions $80 for admission into Happy World Land, and it is ironic that it now costs more than that to enter the theme parks they were parodying. And inflation can't entirely explain all of the price increases in that time frame either. Do you have any favorite memories from the movie as well?

And now is a great time to remember the late Joe Alaskey and Don Messick for their roles as Plucky Duck and Hamton J. Pig respectively in the series and movie. They were instrumental in establishing the characters' personalities and helping Tiny Toon Adventures become the hit TV show it was. The voice actors in Tiny Toons Looniversity will have some big shoes to fill for the characters of Plucky and Hamton.

Maybe April 6 can be used for a day for celebrations of Tiny Toons in the future.

Classic Speedy

Yup.
Staff member
Reporter
Ha! I knew the year was in 2021, but I couldn't remember the exact date. Nice call.

Light Lucario

Staff member
That's pretty cool. I heard about this earlier this morning. I hadn't seen the movie in ages, so I didn't remember the date myself. It does feel kind of surreal to hear the date now when at the time the movie came out, it sounded more futuristic. It was a pretty solid punchline to the joke in the scene though.

I did decide to rewatch Tiny Toons How I Spent my Summer Vacation because of this date and it was really fun. I used to watch this movie every summer, so it felt so nostalgic. Despite not seeing it for ages, there were still moments and scenes that I could still picture so clearly. It was certainly a product of the 90's, but the humor was still solid, most of the characters were still likable and the pacing was pretty great. It was weird to hear them talk about the video when I was watching the movie on Hulu, especially when I doubt a lot of kids nowadays have even seen a video. It was a lot of fun and does make me hope that I'll like the new Tiny Toons series even more.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Given how The Chicken Squad will be premiering on the Disney Junior channel rather than the Disney Junior block, I'm guessing this means that future upcoming shows like Spidey And His Amazing Friends and Eureka will premiere on the channel.
I got my kids into "Josie in the Pussycats" on the Boomerang app. 70's Hanna-Barbera still has a charm to it.
Exactly one year without my YouTube channels. Here's hoping the recovery will come.
harry580 wrote on Santana434's profile.
hey what are your favorite cartoons?

Featured Posts