Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
NYCC will have a panel on October 8

Batman: The Animated Series 25th Anniversary
When: 4:15 PM - 5:15 PM
Where: Main Stage 1-D
Who: Bruce Timm, Alan Burnett, Kevin Conroy, and Tara Strong
As the most acclaimed super hero animated television series in history, Batman: The Animated Series has captured the imaginations of generations with its innovative designs, perfect voices and landmark approach to characters and stories. Join many of the key forces behind Batman: The Animated Series for a celebration a quarter of a century in the making. The panel will include producers Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett; Kevin Conroy, the fan-favorite voice of Batman; Tara Strong, the beloved voice of Batgirl; and some potential surprise guests.

Reactions: RoyalRubble

mido3issa

Jan 5, 2019
egypt
Hello everybody,
I can't find the original discussion so I have a question , What is better to watch Batman: The Animated Series
By Original air dates , or by Blu-ray order ? I think this is common question but i can't find an answer

Thanks

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
Hello everybody,
I can't find the original discussion so I have a question , What is better to watch Batman: The Animated Series
By Original air dates , or by Blu-ray order ? I think this is common question but i can't find an answer

Thanks
The Blu-ray order is the original production order. This is also probably the order that was used on Egyptian television.

Reactions: mido3issa

wonderfly

Is this the future?!?
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2002
Springfield, MO
Hello everybody,

Thanks

Definitely going by original air dates - the broadcast order not the production order. That way it matches how it was broadcast back in 1992-1994 (the production order, which is what's on the DVD's and Blu-Rays, is chaotic and scrambled, in my opinion).

Last edited:
Reactions: mido3issa

ShadowStar

Nov 11, 2006
USA
Hello everybody,

Thanks
I would suggest following the production order (the order on the home video releases). The airdate order features at least one continuity error, if I remember correctly.

wonderfly

Is this the future?!?
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2002
Springfield, MO
I would suggest following the production order (the order on the home video releases). The airdate order features at least one continuity error, if I remember correctly.
None that I can recall, outside of they aired "The Cat and the Claw part 1" as a special preview on the Saturday morning before it started airing on weekday afternoons (and they aired "part 2" the following Saturday). So you had some episodes that aired in between, but if that's that only issue, just watch pt. 1 and pt. 2 back to back.

Here's the "broadcast" (air date) episode order:

For maximum nostalgia (re-enactment of what it was like watching these back in 1992-1994), I recommend coming home from school (or work) and turning on one episode per day. And then play some Super Nintendo after that....joking aside, that's how I remember watching them unfold.

EDIT: Here's the "production" order seen on the DVDs/Blu-Rays...

Last edited:
Reactions: ShadowStar

ShadowStar

Nov 11, 2006
USA
None that I can recall, outside of they aired "The Cat and the Claw part 1" as a special preview on the Saturday morning before it started airing on weekday afternoons (and they aired "part 2" the following Saturday). So you had some episodes that aired in between, but if that's that only issue, just watch pt. 1 and pt. 2 back to back.

Here's the "broadcast" (air date) episode order:

For maximum nostalgia (re-enactment of what it was like watching these back in 1992-1994), I recommend coming home from school (or work) and turning on one episode per day. And then play some Super Nintendo after that....joking aside, that's how I remember watching them unfold.

EDIT: Here's the "production" order seen on the DVDs/Blu-Rays...
Thanks for sharing that, wonderfly! I had actually forgotten much of the broadcast order. Looking at that list though, there was indeed one continuity error, which is that "Tyger Tyger" aired before "Cat Scratch Fever". This presents a problem since a certain character chronologically appears in "The Cat and the Claw", then "Cat Scratch Fever" and then "Tyger Tyger".

One other thing I like about the production order is that you can really see the animation change as the series progresses. Very early episodes like "On Leather Wings", "Christmas With the Joker", "The Last Laugh", "P.O.V." "The Forgotten" etc. have a unique aesthetic and feel that isn't quite captured in many of the later episodes.