Happy 20th Anniversary, Pokemon!

Light Lucario

Staff member
I never would have expected that Pokemon would be around twenty years later when I first got into it. It is amazing and I do love how they have a year long celebration for the occasion. I was going to try to see if GameStop had any of those special edition New 3DS with Red and Blue, but I decided to just download the games on my current 3DS instead. They didn't take up as much space as I thought they would.

I've been playing Red and Blue throughout this afternoon and they are still pretty enjoyable. It is strange when I remember stats, abilities and certain types aren't in these games, but I've been just embracing the nostalgia of the old graphics and old school game. The first generation games still aren't one of my favorites, but I do like starting all over again with the original games on the 20th anniversary. Plus, I want to support more main series re-releases on the Virtual Console, especially when I want G/S/C to appear at some point. I'm also just glad that I won't lose these Pokemon like I did with my original first and second generations since I'll be able to transfer them to Sun/Moon eventually.

I'm so glad that I got into Pokemon. Without it, I don't know what I'd be doing or if I would have been able to make the same connections with people in person and online that I have thanks in part to the shared interest in the franchise. It is something that will always be near and dear to my heart for many reasons. Happy 20th anniversary Pokemon and may the future continue to shine as we head towards the next generation.

jaylop97

Staff member
I feel like it is so surprising to see how the franchise started of horribly in the US with a lot of people thinking how bad was it that kids were into what was thought to be a bad fad, but over the lifespan of Pokemon people would drop that hate and the franchise would excel, and I am amazed how big it has gotten in the last 20 years.

Dudley

Staff member
Pokemon got me into creating original characters, so I owe a lot of thanks to the franchise. I don't watch the anime anymore and stopped playing the games, but I still love these supper powered critters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harmonie

Foreverrrrr!
Hm... Weird to think of it having started in 1996. I didn't get into Pokemon until summer of 1999.

Regardless, it sure does feel like a long time. Time really does fly.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts