Hanna-Barbera properties that need reboots or revivals on HBO Max

coldglynx

Well with Jellystone going on HBO Max. What other Hannah Barbera properties that need revivals do you fans would want on HBO Max? Oh and please no more Scooby Doo. That mutt has had more than enough Revivals and Reboots.

These are my top picks

1. Johnny Quest- yes the first and classic HB adventure show. I don't think fans got enough of the Quest crew after Real Adventures ended. We keep getting teased with a Live Action Version that is no where close to happening. So what the heck give us a new reboot please.

2. Swat Kats- One of my favorite HB cartoon from the 90s. Has a bunch of loyal fans still clamoring for revival to this day. It was one of the most action packed North American cartoons I've ever seen. Great characters with some really good villains. Had great anime style animation as well. Would love to have it back.

3. Pirates of Dark Water- My bias for the 1990s HB cartoon continues. What can I say. I loved it when HB started making adult oriented violent shows for kids. We need more of it today. Yeah Pirates was so unique. Blending a Pirate movies with a Dune/Star Wars like world. It was violent and not really for kids at all. Like Swat Kats aniamtion was terrific. Sad that we never saw an end to this interesting series.

4. Hong Kong Phooey- Oh I love this show. Just funny with great work from Shinings own Scatman Crothers. Would love to see a modern adaptation. An underrated IP in my opinion.

5. Laff-Alympics- Seeing most of the comedy HB characters get together to play sports just tickled me. This definitely needs a return.

6. Snorks- Yes I admit it. I enjoyed this blatant Smurfs ripoff very much. Sue me. More than happy to see it come back.

Last edited:

doglover44

Well with Yellowstone going on HBO Max. What other Hannah Barbera properties that need revivals do you fans would want on HBO Max? Oh and please no more Scooby Doo. That mutt has had more than enough Revivals and Reboots.

These are my top picks

1. Johnny Quest- yes the first and classic HB adventure show. I don't think fans got enough of the Quest crew after Real Adventures ended. We keep getting teased with a Live Action Version that is no where close to happening. So what the heck give us a new reboot please.

2. Swat Kats- One of my favorite HB cartoon from the 90s. Has a bunch of loyal fans still clamoring for revival to this day. It was one of the most action packed North American cartoons I've ever seen. Great characters with some really good villains. Had great anime style animation as well. Would love to have it back.

3. Pirates of Dark Water- My bias for the 1990s HB cartoon continues. What can I say. I loved it when HB started making adult oriented violent shows for kids. We need more of it today. Yeah Pirates was so unique. Blending a Pirate movies with a Dune/Star Wars like world. It was violent and not really for kids at all. Like Swat Kats aniamtion was terrific. Sad that we never saw an end to this interesting series.

4. Hong Kong Phooey- Oh I love this show. Just funny with great work from Shinings own Scatman Crothers. Would love to see a modern adaptation. An underrated IP in my opinion.

5. Laff-Alympics- Seeing most of the comedy HB characters get together to play sports just tickled me. This definitely needs a return.

6. Snorks- Yes I admit it. I enjoyed this blatant Smurfs ripoff very much. Sue me. More than happy to see it come back.

I Agree on Snorks it was one of my favorites and SWAT Kats for sure needs a reboot its so forgotten didn't know it still had a fan base still to this day. I am gonna throw another out there another gem that seems forgotten Road Rovers I know it only got 1 season at 13 episodes but feel it could make a good reboot if given a 2nd chance !

ShadowBlinky

For the record, that's "Jellystone". As for what I'd like, it would be a PROPER revival of "Wacky Races" with ALL of the original characters and cars!

coldglynx

I Agree on Snorks it was one of my favorites and SWAT Kats for sure needs a reboot its so forgotten didn't know it still had a fan base still to this day. I am gonna throw another out there another gem that seems forgotten Road Rovers I know it only got 1 season at 13 episodes but feel it could make a good reboot if given a 2nd chance !
Oh yes Swat Kats still does. They even kickstarted a potential reboot a few years back with the Creators. Though it never got off the ground thanks to WB controlling the rights.

i love Road Rovers that and Freakazoid. Although those are more KidsWB than Hannah Barbera. But since this is my thread and they are all WB IPs. I’ll allow it good choice.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'd love a Pirates of Dark Waters revival/reboot. It had a pretty interesting premise, was pretty engaging and really should have gotten a chance to get a conclusion. I do wonder if it would have attracted more attention if they had premiered the show during the 2000's instead.

coldglynx

I'd love a Pirates of Dark Waters revival/reboot. It had a pretty interesting premise, was pretty engaging and really should have gotten a chance to get a conclusion. I do wonder if it would have attracted more attention if they had premiered the show during the 2000's instead.
Probably not. WB was still more about selling toys back then. Thats why JLU, Teen Titans, and Thundercats were ended. Their toy lines were not big sellers.
Maybe today would be a good time. Considering how hell bent Warnermedia is to boost subscribers to HBO Max.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
The HB superheroes could all use live action reboots.

Jonny Quest should have a series on The CW once the film that has been stalling is finally released (the series would pick up where the film left off), with the first season containing a 2-part storyline which serves as a reunion for the MacGyver reboot, featuring actors from that series reprising their roles on that show. Somehow I would also like a crossover with the Magnum PI reboot. These events would establish the live action Quest works as part of the Belisarioverse.

The other HB superheroes should have live action series on HBOmax that are part of the DC TV multiverse.

All of these shows would be co-produced by Greg Berlanti.

Last edited:

harry580

now Hanna barbera got revived as a studio in europe

I think its possible they can do revivals or reboots of hanna barbera shows

the revival I wanted is Jonny quest

Dragnatek

Why a serialized Johnny Quest with shorter seasons hasn't even been proposed yet I will never know. The show would be a perfect fit for the streaming format.

SWAT Kats should have a reboot. Technically, a mew season picking up where it left off. The action was excellent, and the comic book inspired nature of it, fits in nowadays.

I think politics is holding back Jonny Quest.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
From what I understand the creators own the rights and have been trying to pitch a reboot for years, are still trying but no one wants it.

Not changing mew to new as I too think it might be intentional and not a typo.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
From what I understand the creators own the rights and have been trying to pitch a reboot for years, are still trying but no one wants it.

Not changing mew to new as I too think it might be intentional and not a typo.

Maybe WB should approach the SWAT Kats creators about doing a live-action version set in the DC TV Multiverse. Or vice versa.

I want to see other H-B superheroes get HBOmax shows that are set in the DC TV Multiverse - namely Space Ghost, Birdman, The Galaxy Trio, The Impossibles, Mighty Mightor, Atom Ant, Hong Kong Phooey, the Blue Falcon with Dynomutt, and Shazzan.

Hong Kong Phooey would be for instance set on Earth-74, referencing the show's 1974 airdates.

harry580

Maybe WB should approach the SWAT Kats creators about doing a live-action version set in the DC TV Multiverse. Or vice versa.

I want to see other H-B superheroes get HBOmax shows that are set in the DC TV Multiverse - namely Space Ghost, Birdman, The Galaxy Trio, The Impossibles, Mighty Mightor, Atom Ant, Hong Kong Phooey, the Blue Falcon with Dynomutt, and Shazzan.

Hong Kong Phooey would be for instance set on Earth-74, referencing the show's 1974 airdates.

I think they would rather have a universe of Hanna barbera superheroes (expect for super friends since that dc) instead of merging them with dc universe

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts