Hana Zuki Full Of Treasures (Series Talkback Thread)

Latest News & Videos

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
Building Blocks: Much, much better than last week's. I loved Kiazuki's perfectionism and destructiveness in this one. Kiyoshi and Maroshi eating the snacks was funny as well. Maroshi's Flochis really have Maroshi's lazy habit. Hanazuki is such a great character as well with wanting everyone to feel at home on her moon. A sky-boarding room is certainly a great idea, and she was pretty good at it until she crashed(nice detail with the spit on the wall) and launched herself (might want to add a safety net where she crashed). Red Hemka with a fake 5 o clock shadow was funny. It was fun seeing the Hemkas and Unicorns work together and like Zicoro, Red Hemka takes charge of the group. It was so adorable when Hanazuki went to sleep in Red Hemka's home, and Red Hemka joining her was even more adorable. All the Moonflowers' homes look good and really goes with their personalities. Though hopefully when Kiazuki continues to bring out her personality, she'll "add" to home to match. Kiyoshi seems just as paranoid as Kiazuki(maybe even more so) with wanting a security fortress.
Kiyoshi really is such a nice guy to notice Hanazuki's sadness and despite Kiazuki taking a lot of credit, we know it was his idea to fix up her place.
But I do hope we'll find out what that indescribable thing that Maroshi talked about was.
Oh is it me, or does it seem like Kiazuki is really happy when she causing destruction?

Kiazuki as usual steals the show, her taking credit for every idea is hilarious, and when you do that, you are going to get the hugs. Ha ha.
Kiazuki is definitely a favorite of mine, and yeah that's what she gets for taking credit. We really need a scene of Kiazuki trying to avoid the hugs. It would be cute and hilarious.

Oh My! Miyumi!: I'd bet Hanazuki's first thought was that Kiazuki was gonna go nuts again. Hanazuki's reaction to the Slooth is so typical of her, and it's why we love her. Her reaction leading to her calling the Slooth's hug, a hug of nightmares just adds to Hanazuki's lovableness.
Miyumi feels like a female-version of Maroshi, but a little more annoying, but also more helpful than Maroshi. Miyumi is the first moonflower who's headflower doesn't have any white pedals. The Slooths obviously knew that their friends were being kidnapped while Miyumi was ignorant of any pleas they had to her, and thus sought out help from others.
So the mystery of the weird music is solved(Kiazuki will be so happy), but now we have the mystery of a villain stealing little guys from Miyumi's moon(might've also taken Kiazuki's guys as well). I'm betting it's another moonflower, since it would be an interesting direction to go.

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Aug 14, 2015
Massachusetts
cartoon-info-blog.blogspot.com

Dance on the Dark Side
Airs May 4, 2019 at 1 P.M. on Discovery Family
Hanazuki drags Kiazuki to Orange Hemka's new Party Cube: a dance club on the dark side.
Feelin’ It
Airs May 4, 2019 at 1:15 P.M. on Discovery Family
Maroshi receives his first ever treasure from Little Dreamer, but it won't activate.​

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
It seems like the episodes are being aired out of order since Building Blocks is listed as episode 5 while Oh my Miyumi was listed as episode 9 and today's episodes are listed as episodes 7&8. Which means we're missing episode 6.
Also I just found out that there are post credit scenes that have not been shown on Discovery Family and on the OnDemand. I hope if the show's episodes becomes available for purchase that these scenes are included. Who knows how many episodes have these scenes (I love Surprise Surprise's post credits scene).

Dance on the Dark Side: I knew I was gonna love this one since it was mostly about Kiazuki. The more she denies wanting to go to the party the more obvious it is that she really wants in. It's takes the fear of becoming like Basil Ganglia that scares Kiazuki into admitting that she wants in the Cube. Kiazuki was adorable with her "Lumpy, with big eyes and no mouth" comment. Kiazuki tried again, but tries too hard and fails. She finds here silliness from dancing to the show's theme song and winning the limbo contest. Meanwhile inside the Cube, everyone is having a fun time, then Orange Hemka and Dazzlessence have a dance-off after an issue with a limbo game (no Dazzlessnce, you were not clear).
A fantastic episode that brings out Kiazuki's silliness side. I loved the dance she did, and that she was dancing to the show's theme song.
I like the Axo character, a first glance appearance gives a no nonsense-vibe, but he actually seems pretty wise. He showed happiness on seeing Kiazuki showing her silliness and entering the Cube.
This episode also gave the people behind the show a chance to make silly faces, with Hanazuki and Zicoro having the silliest.

Feelin' it: I now know what Kiazuki meant when she said" because you know, Kiyoshi" in "Surprise Surprise".
This ended up being better than expected since I was expecting Maroshi to be "chill" to the very end of the episode. But we got some good character development from him as well as some backstory as we saw how his moon looked and how it was destroyed.
Post credits show that Maroshi's greatest fear is being unable to tie up his hammock since only one tree is present. Typical Maroshi XD

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
Dance On The Dark Side

Can we all just agree Kiazuki is the best character on the show. This episode I think is the first episode that really feels that Hanazuki is not the main character, this is mostly from Kiazuki's prospective. And as usually when she tries to be all cool and above it all, she is adorable.

I am glad though that things worked out, and Kiazuki was not left out in the fun.

Feelin' It

Finally Maroshi get some much needed character focus and finding out more about his character. Unlike Kiazuki and Kiyoshi who had moments to get to know them, Maroshi was introduced the climax of season 1 and so because we had to focus on plot, he wasn't much of a character.

This was a good first step, making him more of a complete character.

• Agree
Reactions: ShadowBeast

GuillermoGage

Dec 18, 2015
Whew, I'm not behind on episodes, they still haven't gone past the eight episodes that I saw some months ago.

So it turns out they solved the issue with "showing two episodes at a time, but having an odd number of total episodes" by just attaching the first episode at the tail end of another one of these episodes, like, as a "reminder" of where we began with this story.

I've kind of fallen off the wagon with this show, maybe I should read the other library book that I have. Hanazuki as an intellectual property is so obscure that no one else wants it so I can renew it up to ten times for 21 days at a time and I haven't even reached that point yet.

There's hardly any merchandise to buy. but I think another chapter book is out from Amulet Books (a division of Abrams). Yep, it released on April 16! Dazzle and Dance!

Last edited:

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
Titmouse’s work on the show wrapped up with season 2.
So our only hope is to ask Hasbro if they intend to continue the show?
If this is the end of the series, then Hanazuki has to be one of the most ill-treated shows out there. Especially with the episodes not being available for purchase.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Mar 11, 2005
California, USA
adultswim.toonzone.net
So our only hope is to ask Hasbro if they intend to continue the show?
If this is the end of the series, then Hanazuki has to be one of the most ill-treated shows out there. Especially with the episodes not being available for purchase.
You can watch them on the Discovery Family Go app. There's no other available option, unfortunately.

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
You can watch them on the Discovery Family Go app. There's no other available option, unfortunately.
Unfortunately I don't have a smart phone to download apps with.
The fact that the show's episodes aren't available to purchase just adds to how it's mistreated.

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Aug 14, 2015
Massachusetts
cartoon-info-blog.blogspot.com
Unfortunately I don't have a smart phone to download apps with.
The fact that the show's episodes aren't available to purchase just adds to how it's mistreated.
The episodes are also available On Demand.