Hana Zuki Full Of Treasures (Series Talkback Thread)

Latest News & Videos

GuillermoGage

Dec 18, 2015
Big Bad Sickness: A fantastic way to end a season. Kiazuki finally learns to grow her own treasure trees and Hanazuki finally makes friends with her. The finale really shows that Kiazuki has been hurting all this time and why she was so protective of the Hemkas.

Surprise, Surprise: Fantastic episode. Kiazuki's paranoia was both hilarious and adorable. Seems like she's really bringing her personality since the Big Bad Sickness. Her comment about Kiyoshi was really hilarious. I guess Kiyoshi has a reputation. Shame we never saw what was making that music. Halfway through the episode, I thought the music would've been related to the party somehow. It's revealed that when Moonflowers try to hide their emotions, their bracelets glow. This would've been a cool thing to have in the first season with Kiazuki holding back her emotions.
I haven't been on this thread or even this website in a while!

So Season 2 has finally hit Discovery Family today!
There are still only eight Season 2 episodes released in English in the UK, or anywhere else in any language for that matter as far as I know.

So, ShadowBeast, what is your emotional investment in this series now? Mine has dwindled down a bit because I've already seen all eight episodes. But I still do appreciate this series. I actually like how under-the-radar it is, but at the same time, I don't want the series to be so unprofitable that the series does not have the financial incentive to be produced and written well.

Like, how many people, including little kids, even have Discovery Family and get exposed to the ads on a Saturday morning high-end cable or satellite package? It is like 60 bucks at least to get the minimum cable or satellite channel package that includes Discovery Family Channel.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of merchandise right now. And also, you cannot purchase the episodes anywhere yet as far as I know.

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
Surprise Surprise

It is a little start breather to the season, I don't mind if a season premiere is a filler and not some grand thing, which a show like My Little Pony can learn from. Paranoid Kaizuki is adorable, and it was sweet that she was going to save Kiyoshi as part of it, what does that say about Maroshi.

Speaking of which, I wonder if later on Hanazuki is observant enough to pick on Kiyoshi's obvious crush on Kizuki, and meddles and tries to play match maker.

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
So Season 2 has finally hit Discovery Family today!
There are still only eight Season 2 episodes released in English in the UK, or anywhere else in any language for that matter as far as I know.
I'm guessing that they're waiting Discovery Family to catch up before airing more new episodes.

So, ShadowBeast, what is your emotional investment in this series now? Mine has dwindled down a bit because I've already seen all eight episodes. But I still do appreciate this series. I actually like how under-the-radar it is, but at the same time, I don't want the series to be so unprofitable that the series does not have the financial incentive to be produced and written well.
So far I'm liking it a lot. It's a very cute show, the plot is interesting, and the characters are almost all likable.
I do hope it's gets more notice since being "under-the-radar" might lead to it being ended too soon. Especially since Hasbro is all about making merchandise with their shows.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of merchandise right now. And also, you cannot purchase the episodes anywhere yet as far as I know.
I'm hoping that'll change since it's owned by Hasbro. But I would've thought that episodes would be available to purchase by now.

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Aug 14, 2015
Massachusetts
cartoon-info-blog.blogspot.com

Underground Escape
Airs April 13, 2019 at 1 P.M. on Discovery Family
Slow sand season arrives and Hanazuki discovers that Doughy has been swallowed up!
Hemkas Come Home
Airs April 13, 2019 at 1:15 P.M. on Discovery Family
To Hanazuki's chagrin, the two Hemkas she rescued from Depriva seem to prefer Kiazuki's company over her own.​

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
Underground Escape

These two episodes were good. Depriva is an interesting character, are we suppose to feel bad for her? I mean if they can try to make Twisted Unicorn sympathetic than I guess anything is possible.

Hemkas Come Home

This episode showed even though we don't have a plot right now, the show can still be excellent. It was a very simple plot here, but had excellent execution. Hanazuki and Kiazuki were great in this episode. You see role reversal here with Hanazuki being the jealous one.

We do have a set goal, is to find the other Zikoros.

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
Underground Escape: The mystery of the slow-sand is revealed. Depriva acts like she should be voiced by Tabitha St. Germain as I get an evil-Rarity-vibe from her. Her hating where she's planted and wanting to be in the sunlight and with company does give her some sympathy. But her scheming and arrogant/strange attitude takes some of that away. She does actually get the sunlight she wants in the end, but she would've been better off without it as it looks like she did the opposite of bloom.

Hemkas Come Home: This would've been better if we got to see why the two Hemkas were preferring Kiazuki and running away from Hanazuki. Hanazuki did save them after all, so why run from her? The only thing I can think of, of why they prefer Kiazuki is that they could sense that Kiazuki needed them more than Hanazuki.
But aside from the questioning of the new Hemka's reasoning, this was still a fantastic episode as we got some big backstory from Kiazuki and some of her personality from before her moon's destruction. The two Hemkas bring out her happy-side. And as soon as Hanazuki accepted that they should be with Kiazuki, one of them was more accepting of her(having a treasure with his color helped too:p).

I e-mailed the guy that does the Discovery Family highlights. They're considering what they have marked as the season finale the season 1 finale even though the show is technically in season 2 now.
So "Feelin It" will be the season 1 finale then? That's a strange episode to end a season with.
Any word of the show's episodes being available for purchase yet?

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
A Little Bit Enormous: This was kind of a weak episode. It wasn't bad or terrible, I did like some of the expressions Hanazuki had. But Enormous Coal was just annoying. It's like Basil Ganglia has some competition on having the biggest ego on the moon.

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
This was filler, it wasn't terrible. I want to like this episode, but I do feel the lack of Sleepy Unicorn playing much of a role, and the other Moonflowers not being in it, takes it down a notch.

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Aug 14, 2015
Massachusetts
cartoon-info-blog.blogspot.com

Building Blocks
Airs April 27, 2019 at 1 P.M. on Discovery Family
Hoping to make all her new friends happy on her moon, Hanazuki allows everyone to build out their own room in an awesome Moonflower Power Tower.
Oh My! Miyumi!
Airs April 27, 2019 at 1:15 P.M. on Discovery Family
Hanazuki discovers the source of the mysterious Mouth Portal sound: it's a distress signal being sent by two Slooth alterlings on a distant moon!​

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
Building Blocks

This was a nice heartfelt episode. This kind of gets some closure some previous stuff, and the Moonflowers are officially a family.

Kiazuki as usual steals the show, her taking credit for every idea is hilarious, and when you do that, you are going to get the hugs. Ha ha.

Oh My! Miyumi

We meet a new moonflower Miyumi, and you know what I think she and Maroshi make a good match. They both very chill about stuff.

So Miyumi has been lucky all this time to be isolated from the Big Bad and now know about his existence. Well the war finally comes home.

I can't wait to see Miyumi, I want to see her interact with the other moonflowers, like I said she and Maroshi should get along just fine, while Miyumi and Kiazuki is all or nothing. I could see them get along perfectly or just totally not get along. All or nothing.