Hana Zuki Full Of Treasures (Series Talkback Thread)

Latest News & Videos

SourSweetGone

Simultaneously Too Old &Too Young For The Internet
Mar 31, 2017
US
Enjoyed the TV airings hope this new push can garner more interest in the series so we can get that full theatrical film in the 2020's!

GuillermoGage

Dec 18, 2015
Enjoyed the TV airings hope this new push can garner more interest in the series so we can get that full theatrical film in the 2020's!
Hey, so what are the Discovery Family Channel TV airings like? Are the openings and end credits any different?

I just finished up a rewatch of the series today, finishing up the last fourteen episodes of Season 1 today.
The storytelling manages to be pretty simple and upfront, and it works for these characters and this world.

But even with the colorful spacey setting that took some effort to design, the whole affair of following these characters around, solving problems and doing their emotion/mood thingies... would all be kind of bland and generic if it weren't for all the funny quotes and quips that the characters make.

They still manage to come up with some funny quotes during the... um, well, they really are story "arcs", with Twisted Unicorn. It was a four-episode arc. And then a bit of an overlapping arc of getting to know Kiyoshi as a character.

I think I want to bring up some quotes from the series, but I'm definitely gonna post this message before I can even get together all the good ones; there's just so many oddly quotable moments, that these are only a few:

"Go ahead, reject me, I can handle the bitter sting of loneliness! Not a problem."

"Gotta admit, that exit could've been a lot worse"

"Is this what happens when you don't like someone? Because if it is, it is pretty awesome!"

"Well, I'm awake, aren't I? That's about as close to freaked out as I usually get."

"Slow sand season is an abstract concept"

"It's a virtual APAAAAAAAAAAAAAHCOLYPSE!"

"I wonder if Mirror Plant understands this sarcasm!"

SourSweetGone

Mar 31, 2017
US
Yep basically the same as the online versions. Episodes 7 & 8 of S1 air this Saturday.

SourSweetGone

Mar 31, 2017
US
Really enjoyed today's eps. Kiazuki is a angry disaster child but I love her, it'll be cathartic to see her finally grow her own treasure tree someday.

Chevistian C

Jan 7, 2017
Mexico
Hanazuki Season 2 Returns on México! with Building Blocks and Oh My Miyumi! Discovery Kids LA says NEW EPISODES STARTING NEXT WEEK on a watermark on the bottom of their shows. the question: will their air the second half of S2 or go on hiatus after Feeling It?

GuillermoGage

Dec 18, 2015
Well, we are halfway through the first season of the Discovery Family airings.
I haven't seen any of these airings myself. I have just seen the episodes before.

Well, we might be getting closer to a U.S. release of Season 2!

What are your hopes for Season 2? Do you think the tone of the show might be different? I say that because several characters that weren't around at the beginning are now here and seemingly here to stay and for all I know the cast could increase to even more characters. I don't know how much more they'll keep using the metaphorical treasure tree formula, but one thing to note is that not every episode ended with a successful planting/growing of a treasure treasure tree. So the series is not just some stale formula; the same every eleven minutes.

It seems to me that the writers did a good job of covering the themes of Hanazuki: Full of Treasures in twenty-seven under-eleven-minute episodes.

I want the show to have interesting humor and stuff and not just be a generic "fantasy" show with "lore" versus "slice-of-life" show that tries too hard to have a "fandom" and be "creator-driven" versus "brand/network-driven/corporate-driven".

I'd like for the show to continue to have snarky, sassy dialogue that manages to sound like... well, it hardly sounds like any one thing. It doesn't sound like generational slang, nor the pacing, nor the reacting. Hanazuki and a few other characters have a tendency to be socially unaware of the trendiest reactions and zingers. They just either speak for themselves (which is not always speaking their mind) or they say what they think another character wants to hear, or what they think another character will believe they'd say when they say it. But they don't explain themselves to impress the audience. I don't know; it is challenging to describe... well, challenging to describe without naming names of other cartoons.

The names of the cartoons are Steven Universe.
And some newer episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Also, the whole vibe given off by a lot of Cartoon Network shows with potatoface/grinning-potato/CalArts/caterpillar-shaped smile and attracting the Tumblr and TV Tropes fandom crowd. Hanazuki is just different enough to not give off that vibe. Even with Hanazuki once saying "I can't even." (as in she couldn't even imagine how she'd feel if she lost one or more of her Hemkas; her "little guys")

Last edited:

GuillermoGage

Dec 18, 2015
Hey I've seen all eight of the released-so-far Season 2 episodes! I watched them in decent video quality!
Has anyone else seen them?

Radical

Banned
Nov 7, 2004
Lacey,Washington
I finally got a chance to see it, love Hanazuki: Full of Treasures, awesome new "girl power" series with amazing animation/art style and a great plot/storyline on the whole "moon protecting with Treasure Trees" which is cool.All the episodes and Season 1 finale were fantastic/enjoyable on Hanazuki's great crazy adventures meeting new friends/enemies on the way which is sweet:D.

Hanazuki, love her, best likable cute caring enjoyable Moonflower girl protagonist with a great optimistic personality on protecting her friends/the moon from the Big Bad on growing treasure trees, next best female protagonist next to Twilight Sparkle, Blythe Baxter, Jenny/XJ-9, Bessie(The Mighty B!), Star Butterfly, Princess Unikitty, and Hilda:anime:.Moonflowers are cool interesting alien children by using their moods as their powers to create/grow Treasure Trees which is cool/interesting.Jessica DiCicco awesome for the role.

Both Kiazuki/Zikoro, Kiyoshi, Maroshi, Red Hemka/the Hemka, Little Dreamer, Sleepy Unicorn, Dazzlessence, the little Unicorns, Mirror Plant, Doughy, the Flochi, Baby Chicken Plant, and Bug Chicken Plant Jr.(Junior) were the best likable enjoyable supporting characters for their great best moments with Hanazuki.Cool that the cute little Unicorns and the Flochi are like the Hemka, love it.Both Cassandra Lee Morris/Pat Fraley were great as Kiazuki/Doughy.

Both Basil Ganglia, Kiazuki/Zikoro, Twisted Unicorn, Chicken Plant, and Baby Chicken Plant, my favorite great enjoyable antagonists:D, Kiazuki the selfish mean bully girl Moonflower who's awesome being the opposite of Hanazuki along with her great character development being a better person/great friend to Hanazuki, and Twisted Unicorn makes the best returning recurring dangerous villain.

The "Big Bad" is an interesting evil dark mass like Dark Matter(Kirby) being a major dangerous threat, I hope they will show the evil force responsible for releasing the Big Bad soon.

I'll enjoy Seasons 2/3, I'm happy it got a third season and feature-length film/movie, it has amazing potential.Cool to see it on Discovery Family.
The new girl Moonflower Miyumi is cute and great, love her:anime:, I'll enjoy her in Season 2.

Last edited:

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
I've recently discovered this show and I'm really enjoying it. I've seen almost all of season 1 so far. Just need to wait for the last three to re-air.

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Aug 14, 2015
Massachusetts
cartoon-info-blog.blogspot.com

Surprise, Surprise
Airs March 23, 2019 at 1:15 P.M. on Discovery Family
Hanazuki plans a surprise party for Kiazuki but Kiazuki's much more interested in the strange and mysterious sound that emanates from a mouth portal.​

Last edited:

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
Big Bad Sickness: A fantastic way to end a season. Kiazuki finally learns to grow her own treasure trees and Hanazuki finally makes friends with her. The finale really shows that Kiazuki has been hurting all this time and why she was so protective of the Hemkas.

Surprise, Surprise: Fantastic episode. Kiazuki's paranoia was both hilarious and adorable. Seems like she's really bringing her personality since the Big Bad Sickness. Her comment about Kiyoshi was really hilarious. I guess Kiyoshi has a reputation. Shame we never saw what was making that music. Halfway through the episode, I thought the music would've been related to the party somehow. It's revealed that when Moonflowers try to hide their emotions, their bracelets glow. This would've been a cool thing to have in the first season with Kiazuki holding back her emotions.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Saw the Descendants short Audrey's Royal Return. I will not miss this franchise. That was a disaster.
I'd tell Pumpkin Spice to go back where he came from but I'm not sure he'd still fit in the bottom of an outhouse.
Happy 2nd anniversary to what I believe is Disney’s best program, Parker Plays.
So now entire three and a half minute long music videos count as ads?? No thanks, YouTube.

#StopThisMadness
Radical Buster wrote on Spaceman's profile.
I really like your avatar. Violet Evergarden ranks pretty high on my list of favorite animes from last year, alongside Devilman Crybaby and Megalo Box.