Halo 3 Themed Episode of Discovery Channel's "Future Weapons" Tonight at 8pm EST

Latest News

tucsoncoyote

Time to get my "Game face" on
Jul 20, 2003
Ratings
Tucson, Arizona
www.savedisneyshows.org
Imagine having these weapons in a game of Halo 3.

Ah Future Weapons. I've been hooked on this show almost since the fourth or fifth episode, and now tonight, they're doing a Halo 3 Variant? This one does sound like fun. I mean when you think about Future Weapons, you get to see a lot of new modern Technology that will be put out there on the front line. My favorite episodes or segments include:

The XM982 Excalibur 155mm Howitzer Shell - This 155 mm projectile is in fact the first howitzer shell that can be programmed to hit a target up to 25 Miles away, and it has an accuracy that is so precise the error factor is up to only 7 meters (about 25 feet) in any direction. So with this device you can drop a 155 mm howitzer shell on a target without having collateral damage.

The Cornershot Pistol/Rifle - This weapon that was developed by the Israeli military gives the shooter a new way to attack the enemy, and that is of course the ability to see and even shoot around a corner without giving away your position (Imagine this one in a game of Halo 3. Taking our your opponent without them being able to get you, unless they had the same weapon.)

The M109A6 Paladin Self Propelled Howitzer - Now when you mix this weapon with the Formerly mentioned Excalibur, you get one devestating weapon set. I mean the Paladin is computer controlled and with more than one of these howitzers, you can do a "Time on Target" set, and if you add in the GPS Guided Excaliber, 4 Paladin Howitzers can easily take any target and turn it into rubble..as you have 4 (or more) Excalibur shells screaming in ..at the same time!..(Try that one in Halo 2!)

The Javelin - This "Fire and Forget" weapon is built for Anti-tank Capabilities and with one shot, this weapon can take out a tank, with 3 high energy darts that spiral in to the target... And if you think it can take out tanks? Imagine using it against a plane (yes you can do it too!) But it's a shoulder mounted Fire and forget weapon, and once you fire, you can move on to another target.. (I bet the Halo fans would love that one!)

But these are just a few weapons that they've shown on Future Weapons, and this is just a small taste of what could be on the battlefield. But imagine this stuff in a game of Halo 3. Can we say, Frag your enemy without being seen? I knew we could.

But believe me I hope that this episode tonight gives us a look at Halo 3 based ideas..and i'll be watching.. that's for sure.

:coyote: