Gundam toys and model thread

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

HellCat

Lesser spotted Brit
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
May 6, 2001
Ratings
Since Transformers has one, I felt it was fitting we had one for Toonami's other mighty mecha franchise :p The floor is open to discussion of all the plastic incarnations of mobile suits.

To start things off, what do you think we'll see or would like to see in the future of the SD line?
Personally, I'd like to see Tallgeese, Sazabi, Zero Custom and the upgraded Captain. I wouldn't mind seeing Gunbike and Entengo somehow too. I also have a theory that we might see Zako Red as a chase figure of the Zakos.

HellCat

Lesser spotted Brit
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
May 6, 2001
Ratings
Knux Five said:
Did Dark Gundam ever come out? I actually considered getting him.

I probably won't pick up SD Gundam figures, unless they rescale them or do a five-pack of Zakos.
2 versions of Devil Gundam were released- the original crab-like Ultimate Gundam and the Final Evolution which appears in ep 49

HellCat

Lesser spotted Brit
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
May 6, 2001
Ratings
Knux Five said:
In America, I mean.

I know there was a Dark Gundam set that was crab mode with interchangeable body... didn't know if that was a Japanese-only thing, or if it ever came out to America.
I meant in America (though it goes for Japan too). I think we established long ago that I refuse to use the dub names and I don't want this thread turning into an argument about that.

StrangerAtaru

Hey, I want to be Ussop!
Jan 18, 2002
Um...I'll get back to you
Visit site
Behonkiss said:
Higher-level models for those who love to craft is what I'd like. We'll obviously get figures of the major new players when Season 2 rolls around(And possibly another horrible rapping Joshua Seth ad).

And I might as well say that I think I'm getting a Zako for Christmas. Hell yeah.
Just thinking: Bandai or whoever is behind those commercials could be better off creating a special ZZH/commercial for the SD toys. Just think: Zakos criticizing/praising various toys and their "close" approximation with the series counterpart. Just as long as we don't have to hear that horrible rap again...

Meanwhile, with the whole fluctuation over whether or not its coming next year, I just wonder when the Z Gundam toys are coming out. (then again, with the high probability of SEED being the next American series, they may be delayed yet again)

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
Feb 4, 2002
Baltimore, MD
www.livejournal.com
Personally, I can't wait for the Captain (both forms), Zero Custom, Sazabi, Tallgeese w/armor, Zapper Zaku, and Baku-dude models. I love collecting Gundam models, that and Pokémon figures/cards. Right now I have 30 1/144 models, 5 SD 1/144 Models, 2 1/100 models (Altron & rebuilt Unit 1 from 0083), and one 1/60 Gundam (RX-78).

BTW, anybody here ever get their hands on the ultra-rare Noin's Taurus model?

Mar 4, 2003
Kingsville, Missouri
Duke said:
Personally, I can't wait for the Captain (both forms), Zero Custom, Sazabi, Tallgeese w/armor, Zapper Zaku, and Baku-dude models. I love collecting Gundam models, that and Pokémon figures/cards. Right now I have 30 1/144 models, 5 SD 1/144 Models, 2 1/100 models (Altron & rebuilt Unit 1 from 0083), and one 1/60 Gundam (RX-78).

BTW, anybody here ever get their hands on the ultra-rare Noin's Taurus model?
I envy you, owning so many models along with an elusive 1/60 model. I have 12 1/144 (ZZ gundam, Tallgheese, Heavyarms Custom, Altron, Sandrock, Deathscythe Custom, Wing Gundam, Wing Gundam Custom, Wing Zero, RX-78 GP01, Gouf Custom and Deathscythe) and 4 1/100 models (Wing Zero, Nataku, Epyon, and Spiegel).
Favorites are in italics.

I'm not sure if I'm going to get more. I would like a 1/60, but the only one I would want is Nataku or Gouf Custom. The others I wouldn't want to spend so much money on.

HellCat

Lesser spotted Brit
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
May 6, 2001
Ratings
Spike Mcdougal said:
There was a model? And yet there hasnt been an action figure?
The Leo and Taurus both got limited kit releases, each with the Custom added onto the name. For Taurus it made sense since it comes in the Sank Kingdom colours, but the Leo was just the same type the Wing boys blow up in dozens.

okendri

The Real Big O
Aug 25, 2002
Visit site

HellCat

Lesser spotted Brit
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
May 6, 2001
Ratings
Thanks very much for the info. I figured we'd see Shute bundled with Gunbike, but Mobile Citizen Captain is an interesting suprise. Speaking of which
look at the Dark Axis symbol next to the bad guys. Anyone notice it resembles a Zeong with 3 eyes? Wasn't that the amount the mysterious new leader at the end of season 1 had? Hmmm..

Spotlight

Latest profile posts

I was just about to say "Where's Gridman?" on that Crunchyroll streaming thread.
DISH had recent upgrades on the 61.5 orbital slot this early morning. My signal strengths got increased and transponders were moved to another.

How Cartoon Network and TBS moved to other transponders. :P
What I love from the commercial studio Psyop, is the Cricket Wireless critters (known as the Cricketters) in different shapes and colored in Green, Yellow and Blue. So imaginative and cute! :)
Most Europeans here don't know about the old Grinch Christmas special. Even in Portugal.
When Is the Nickelodeon Highlights usually up for December? I Was just wondering...