Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout "With A Little Help From My Friends" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Check out a new episode of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout tonight at 10:00PM ET on Disney XD!

Kvd9NPa.png
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout "With A Little Help From My Friends"
Episode Debut - June 2nd, 2019

As the Guardians prepare to take the fight to the Serpent, they Bifrost around the galaxy gathering reinforcements. But will it be enough to challenge the biggest bad the Guardians have ever faced?

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Note: If possible, please try and discuss the events of each new episode airing today in its respective talkback thread.

Frontier

Staff member
The Guardians must collect old allies to break Asgard free from the evil of the Serpent, so still some breaking out going on in Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout :anime:.

Did we really need Rocket to regale us with what happened the immediate episode before? This is why we have "Previously On" segments :rolleyes: .

You know it's the final season when they do the big "gather all your allies to fight the Big Bad" moment, although I felt there were a few omissions from the group here that I would have liked to see. Like, did they just forget Rhonann Dey and his resistance? The Inhumans? Although maybe Victoria was too busy on Spartax, and Adam probably hasn't awakened yet :(.

Avengers Tower? I don't event want to get into the continuity issues, but I guess...maybe the Avengers moved back into Avengers Tower after Secret Wars and then Panther's Quest happens o_O?

Rocket trying his hardest to get Bruce mad to no avail was pretty amusing, but the one surefire way to make Bruce Banner mad? Tony Stark being a tool :mad:.

I think this is the first time we've seen Iron Man's old Assemble design since...Ultron Revolution? Huh. I kind of miss it a little :sweat:.

Hey, Nebula and Yondu are finally Guardians! It's only two years too late for proper movie synergy :p.

Nova helmet + exciteable preteen girl = trouble. Although Gamora having to deal with a different sibling squabble was pretty amusing, from the throwing a skateboard at Kaelynn's head to giving Kaelynn Sam's room (to which she is immediately bored with) ;).

I'm kind of surprised Sam is left alone to babysit his sister. I wonder what his dad does now :confused:.

Peter with the Champion of the Universe was so hilarious. Like, what a mis-match there. And then there's Howard with his always colorful commentary :rolleyes2:.

Drax the Destroyer applying his parenting skills to a the severed head of a celestial was...unexpected :eek:.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy: Mission Breakout "With A Little Help From My Friends"

God, I missed Hulk. But seeing the whole thing with the milk reminds me that the Avengers always fight over stupid stuff. I hated that show. Well and truly. And this show doesn't make me miss that show in the least.

The Howard the Duck segment was weakest, just because he did nothing to convince me he'd actually be a useful recruit. Saving Quill from a moron doesn't actually say anything virtuous about Howard.

I had a real problem with the idea that Drax lied to his daughter to avoid her being upset. It's not because he's too noble, or that lying is a super complicated skill for Drax to have. But the specific way Drax is dumb is because he doesn't understand metaphors or subtleties. Somebody who is always missing the point would never be able to lie. They wouldn't be able to grasp the purpose of it or how to do it properly. I think the show thought this would be a good way to show Drax was sometimes a bad dad. In reality, I would think Drax would be a bad dad because he NEVER lied to his daughter and never shielded her from things she was better off not knowing. That strikes me as more true to life than Drax ever trying (and failing) to lie to her.

Sam is useless, by the way. When he hands Gamora the skateboard to chase after his flying sister, which was the dumbest plan ever, were I Gamora, I would have said so and clocked him over the head with it. Instead she hucks it at his sister and knocks her out of the sky. Which was a FAR better plan, if you ask me.

I love Groot creating a plant flute so he could control Yondu's arrow. That was genius. And I'm also amused to see an arrow sticking out of Nebula's butt. Don't ask, Yondu.

I love Loki asking the Guardians why he should trust them to return, and Peter raising his arm and jumping up and down like a little kid and saying "Oooh! Oooh! Because you have no choice!"

Fun episode. ****.

Frontier

Staff member
God, I missed Hulk. But seeing the whole thing with the milk reminds me that the Avengers always fight over stupid stuff. I hated that show. Well and truly. And this show doesn't make me miss that show in the least.
It did feel a little Assemble season 1-2 ish. If only we had Thor and Hulk squabbling over a video game :p.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Okay, Gamora using the skateboard to knock the little girl out of the air was the funniest physical gag the show has had all season, partially because I was clearly not expecting it. But yeah, I don't know what Sam's plan was. Use skateboards to catch his FLYING sister? :p

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts