Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout "Titan Up" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Check out a new episode of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout today at 8:30AM ET on Disney XD!

Kvd9NPa.png
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout "Titan Up"
Episode Debut - April 1st, 2018

The Guardians chase Thanos and Sam Alexander to Thanos' home planet of Titan, where they discover a gladiatorial arena featuring Jesse Alexander -- Nova's father.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Note: If possible, please try and discuss the events of each new episode airing today in its respective talkback thread.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Of course, a no killing policy would be pushed on a kids' show but it feels a little weird to me when it's Thanos who's being dealt with.

I agree. Even in the comics, it's an unspoken rule that Thanos is a villain that heroes don't mind killing. Although, I do recall that the heroes were attempting to capture him in the final issue of Infinity Gauntlet.

Anyway, besides Sam being stupid, this episode was okay, but after a better than usual portrayal of Thanos in the last episode, he kinda went back to basics here. The Drax fight was fun, but seeing as how Drax has never even come close to defeating Thanos before, it came across as a clumsy way for the writers to bring Drax's character arc to a close (if this is the last season).

BlackoutCreature

So what I'm curious about is whether or not this Titan is a moon of Saturn like it is in the comics (and real life) or if this is a completely unrelated planet that just happens to have the same name? While nothing that happens in the episode contradicts the idea that this is Saturn's moon, it would be a kinda awkward fit for all this to be happening in Earth's solar system.

And while not a major deal, was I the only one who found the green tint over everything kinda distracting?

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Yeah, I didn't get why they went with the green tint on Titan. I won't bash Sam that hard for stupidity since I thought they did a decent job of establishing how easily Thanos was able to manipulate the "veteran" heroes in the previous episode. Manipulating an emotional teen rookie after he managed to do that was probably easy work. I also like that they showed that Sam thought he was doing the right thing and he wasn't just doing this for selfish reasons.

I enjoyed seeing Drax and the team handling Thanos, though I will admit that I think he has felt nerfed a bit. The return of regular Groot made for a nice climax. Hopefully, Baby Groot won't return as the default.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

TheLemsterPju

No one mentioned Gamora finding her family bracelet? I thought it was sweet. She's a very well developed character in this series and my favorite character overall.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
No one mentioned Gamora finding her family bracelet? I thought it was sweet. She's a very well developed character in this series and my favorite character overall.
Gamora was amazing this episode. She was the thing I took the most notice of.

Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy: Mission Break-Out! "Titan Up"

That was great. Did several things I didn't expect it to do like get rid of Baby Groot, have Thanos actually taken in at the end, and the Guardians actually getting their long-sought-after big payday.

My favorite part was Gamora shouting at Thanos that she was precisely the woman she decided to be. What a great empowering moment. I don't know how many little girls watch this show, but I'm betting any who did will think that was awesome. It totally was. It knocked my socks off.

I expected this episode to be a total let-down, and them to hit the Total Reset Button at the end. That fact that they didn't, and there seem to be genuine consequences, is the reason I loved it. *****.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Yeah, I guess I haven't mentioned it, but Gamora is arguably the best written character in the show. My personal favorite is still Peter, goofball that he is, but Gamora is a close second.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts