Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout "The Real Me" Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Check out a new episode of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout tonight at 10:00PM ET on Disney XD!

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout "The Real Me"
Episode Debut - May 19th, 2019

The Guardians don't know who to trust as the Darkhawks seem to have duplicated everyone, including Quill.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Note: If possible, please try and discuss the events of each new episode airing today in its respective talkback thread.

Reactions: Frontier

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
The Guardians travel to Knowhere to gain more assistance and insight in combatting the Darkhawk threat only to fall prey to a Darkhawk plot and switcheroo...necesitating the Guardians needing to break out of their clutches . So still some breaking out going on in Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout :rolleyes2:.

I was wondering if MCU Valkyrie would ever show up in the cartoons, and lo and behold she pops up in Guardians of all places. I thought they captured the Valkyrie's MCU role very well as one of Asgard's deadliest warriors (and a harbinger of death, so there's still that connection to the "Valkyrie" title) and portraying her as this tough and confident warrior woman :cool:.

I was not as happy with Raven Symone's portrayal of Val. Ordinarily I like Raven Symone a lot, but I didn't think she was a good fit for Valkyrie here. Her vocal performance was fine on it's own, but I just don't think she really captured Valkyrie's seriousness, strength, and swagger well, and they even needed to justify why she sounded so different from other Asgardians because Ms. Symone probably couldn't do Tessa Thompson's Valkyrie voice. Just kind of took me out of their depiction of Valkyrie a little :sweat:.

I liked Gamora and Valkyrie having a bit of a rivalry, especially since I always thought MCU Valkyrie was more like comic Gamora then MCU Gamora was ;).

Cosmo was such an obvious Darkhawk switch, but it was actually pretty cool seeing a sphinx-looking Darkhawk :cool:.

Why did Peter need to take off his pants? It looked like all they needed were his jacket and helmet :confused:.

Gamora enjoying trying to destroy Peter's Darkhawk reminded me of when Wasp felt catharsis after punching out Hank Pym's Skrull in EMH :ack:.

Y'know, it's kind of sad that Peter not knowing what color Gamora's eyes are was enough to convince her that he was the real Quill. Like, I know Quill is a doofus but, whether you view it romantically or not (and this season keeps leaning romantically), his relationship with Gamora has always been pretty important to him so I'd think he'd remember at least that about her :shrug:.

"The second most dangerous woman in the galaxy." So...not your sister, or Medusa? Or Crystal? Or Victoria? Or Mantis (okay, I know she's dead, but still)? Gamora sure has high estimation for a woman she just met o_O.

Reactions: Fone Bone

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy: Mission Breakout "The Real Me"

The eye color test by Gamora was pretty clever, but to be honest, I don't actually think that's something Peter would not know. He DOES dig her.

Raven Symone seems miscast as Valkyrie. She doesn't have the power behind her voice that the character needs.

I love Peter saying "I knew I was the real me!", and the Darkhawk was like "Um, yeah, because you ARE the real one! Of course you knew that!"

I love Drax raising his hand, Peter knowing exactly why he's doing it, and explaining the rat thing was a metaphor.

I liked this episode. ****.

BlackoutCreature

Mar 10, 2002
Visit site
Maybe I'm alone here but I'm kinda hoping in a later episode it turns out that Gamora completely misread the situation and blasted the wrong Quill. Then after she realizes the mistake she made (and rescues the real Quill) she starts seeing him in a new light and treating him with a bit more respect.

Reactions: Frontier

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Two episodes in, I'm liking the revival of All That.
PacMan and the ghostly adventures is good
Asa
I think Lego Ninjago will end by 2020. That's just my rumor.
Carlos Gutierrez wrote on NeoplanDan's profile.
I really love your avatar of Sprig Plantar (the best friend of Anne Boonchuy).