Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout "Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves" Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

Votes: 1 50.0%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
8,242 6
A Valid Location
Check out a new episode of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout today at 8:30AM ET on Disney XD!

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout "Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves"
Episode Debut - April 8th, 2018
Written by - Andrew R. Robinson
Directed by - James Yang

Gamora decides to use her new riches to repay all of the people she has wronged throughout the years. But when her sister Nebula shows up looking for her cut, Gamora decides to try to teach her the value of doing good. Can Gamora make amends and convince Nebula to give up the teachings of Thanos?

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Note: If possible, please try and discuss the events of each new episode airing today in its respective talkback thread.

Last edited:

Gold Guy

Ride On
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
Ratings
2,851 7
New York City
Pretty good stuff. Unlike Rocket, who was downright irresponsible with his money, and Groot, who was too trusting for his own good, Gamora has much more noble reasons for parting with her money.

Even though I haven't loved Nebula in this show, the interaction between her and Gamora was very strong in this episode. It looks like the show may redeem her yet. Yondu, on the other hand...

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,865 11
Framingham, MA
Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy: Mission Breakout! "Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves"

I had no idea it was Gamora who kidnapped and tortured Nebula initially. I can see why she is now trying to do right by her.

I strongly dislike the animated version of Yondu. Finding out he named the arrow "Pointy" is beyond disappointing.

I laughed at Nebula making fun of Gamora's wet hair. That is a pain Nebula never has to deal with.

I guess each of these next few episodes will deal with how the Guardians lose all their money. Still have Drax and Quill to go. ***1/2.

Gold Guy

Ride On
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
Ratings
2,851 7
New York City
Yeah, of all the characters from the films, I think Yondu got the worst translation. The Collector isn't far behind.
I'm mixed with this Yondu. On one hand, because of all the synergy going in, I;m glad they didn't do a redemption thing just because the films did.

But...he also just doesn't work as a villain on this show, for some reason. Like, it's hard to take him seriously.

JoeMabbon

Lonely Prince
Aug 8, 2014
Ratings
3,482 3
The Dark World
I'm mixed with this Yondu. On one hand, because of all the synergy going in, I;m glad they didn't do a redemption thing just because the films did.

But...he also just doesn't work as a villain on this show, for some reason. Like, it's hard to take him seriously.
He doesn’t work as a villain because he wasn’t really a villain in the films. So they had to go out of their way to give him evil things to do.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Should I come back honestly? I don't think anybody missed me, but idk.
DC Superhero Girls, Infinite Train, Victor & Valentino, Thundercats Roar, Care Bears: Unlock The Magic, High Guardian Spice, Owl House, Amphibia, The Steven Universe Movie, She-Ra S2 and on, MLP S9/New Equestria Girls Specials, Rescue Bots Academy, Season 2 of Craig of the Creek, New OK KO Let's Be Heroes,etc. So much awesome animated content coming in 2019 it's crazy!! Its a great time to be a fan of animation!!
https://youtu.be/OGaZr1-0O7o Hey if Wolverine can be rated-R, and if Harley Quinn can get an R-rated animated series, plus if John Bloddy Constantine can be in Justice League Action, I can't see why Deadpool can't be PG-13.
>Voltron's final season
>Spiderverse hits theaters
>end of finals week

Friday can't come soon enough.