Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout "Money Changes Everything" Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
8,244 6
A Valid Location
Check out Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout! Disney XD will air two new episodes, today starting at 8:00AM ET!

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout "Money Changes Everything"
Episode Debut - April 8th, 2018
Written by - Javier Grillo-Marxuach
Directed by - Jeff Wamester

The Guardians now have everything they ever dreamed of – fame, fortune, and riches. Although boundless wealth can’t buy Rocket the #1 spot in the world of bounty hunting and money can’t solve Groot’s problems when he is stranded on a desert planet.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Note: If possible, please try and discuss the events of each new episode airing today in its respective talkback thread.

Last edited:

Gold Guy

Ride On
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
Ratings
2,851 7
New York City
Rocket's plot was really amusing. This is how rich people lose their money - by spending it all willy-nilly in a game of "My thing is bigger than your thing!"

Groot's wasn't as good, unfortunately. I like that they were going for a more emotional story, but we didn't really have time to get to know those two aliens.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,865 11
Framingham, MA
Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy: Mission Breakout! "Money Changes Everything"

I love me some Wraith, but the Rocket stuff is otherwise super annoying. Simply because Rocket is always creating his own unnecessary problems.

The stuff with Groot was much cooler. I was angered he was taken advantage of and robbed, but I found his relationship to that farm girl sweet. And I loved him helping her and her father find a desperately needed vein of underground water.

Groot stuff: Good. Rocket Stuff: Not so much. ***.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,516 4
177A Bleecker Street
Rocket really gets on my nerves in this show and, ever since watching Blank Check as a little kid, nothing annoys me more than watching someone blow through a lot of money like an idiot. It was nice to see Wraith but this story made me not want to watch the rest of the episode. It felt weird to see how quickly he separated from Groot, once the money came in as well. The whole disbanding, honestly, felt weird.When I heard that the team would come into a lot of money, I didn't think it would come and go this easily.

Groot's story was really sweet though it would have been nice to see how it might have worked as a full episode. It felt a little similar to stuff like Batman's The Forgotten or Avatar's Zuko Alone. It sucked to see how easily the two bandits were able to take advantage of Groot. I can't imagine that he and Rocket wouldn't track those guys down when they paired up again but I guess this was just the setup for the rest of the story.

JoeMabbon

Lonely Prince
Aug 8, 2014
Ratings
3,482 3
The Dark World
Splitting the team up was an interesting choice. Shakes things up and gives the characters something different to do now that their lives have taken a turn for the better.

Rocket's plot was both predictable and fun to watch. Rocket's obsession with gizmos and respect pretty much ensured he'd squander his fortune immediately. Lightweight but satisfying, this show in a nutshell.

Pretty much the same for the Groot storyline. We've seen this story countless times with Iron Giant, E.T., even Shane. A down and out traveler wanders into a small community and is initially met with disdain/fear by elders and curiosity/affection by the youth. He uses his amazing powers to save day and then it's time to go. Again, lightweight but satisfying. I was confused about the beginning. It's a funny scene, Groot trying to catch a ride in a spaceport, but he couldn't just ask Quill to drop him off?

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Should I come back honestly? I don't think anybody missed me, but idk.
DC Superhero Girls, Infinite Train, Victor & Valentino, Thundercats Roar, Care Bears: Unlock The Magic, High Guardian Spice, Owl House, Amphibia, The Steven Universe Movie, She-Ra S2 and on, MLP S9/New Equestria Girls Specials, Rescue Bots Academy, Season 2 of Craig of the Creek, New OK KO Let's Be Heroes,etc. So much awesome animated content coming in 2019 it's crazy!! Its a great time to be a fan of animation!!
https://youtu.be/OGaZr1-0O7o Hey if Wolverine can be rated-R, and if Harley Quinn can get an R-rated animated series, plus if John Bloddy Constantine can be in Justice League Action, I can't see why Deadpool can't be PG-13.
>Voltron's final season
>Spiderverse hits theaters
>end of finals week

Friday can't come soon enough.