Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout "Killer Queen" Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Check out a new episode of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout tonight at 10:00PM ET on Disney XD! Don't miss the three-part season finale!

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout "Killer Queen"
Episode Debut - June 9th, 2019

The Guardians team up with Loki and Iron man and travel to the castle of the evil Hela to seek her aid in fighting The Serpent.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Note: If possible, please try and discuss the events of each new episode airing today in its respective talkback thread.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
"Masters at the breakout?" For once the term "breakout" seems completely relevant to Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout :p.

Yet another nod to Ragnarok with Hela being relevant, although aside from her undead soldiers resembling the ones in that movie that's about where the synergy ends. She's much closer to comic Hela here, and isn't Thor's sister (probably because that would be redundant with the show having already introduced Angela). It was still pretty awesome to see Hela in animation again and to have her portrayed as such an imposing and powerful being :cool:.

I liked Vanessa Marshall as Hela but Kari Wahlgren did a great job as well. She captured Hela's arrogance, class, regalness, and capriciousness quite well. Reminded me a lot of when she played Enchantress, another major female Thor villain in green ;).

So...Odin banished Hela to Niffleheim just because her attempt to help him stop the Serpent failed? I mean, Hela doesn't seem like that good a person so there might have been more to it, but on-paper it sounds pretty harsh on Odin's part. I can't even really blame her for hating Odin for it :confused:.

Kind of not surprised they didn't bring up the element of Loki and Hela being related :sweat:.

TheLemsterPju

Jan 17, 2015
So...Odin banished Hela to Niffleheim just because her attempt to help him stop the Serpent failed? I mean, Hela doesn't seem like that good a person so there might have been more to it, but on-paper it sounds pretty harsh on Odin's part. I can't even really blame her for hating Odin for it :confused:.
Yet somehow she'll rule Valhalla (well, "Hel" but they couldn't use that word) at some point.

Or I should probably look at this as standalone...

Reactions: Frontier

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Guardians Of The Galaxy: Mission Breakout "Killer Queen"

I thought Rocket's role was very interesting in this episode and his cat and mouse with Hela was excellent. He was the only one who could break her out. But he doublecrossed her and stole the sword instead. Which considering what she did was the right move.

That was a really cool episode. ****1/2.

Reactions: Frontier