Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout "I Fought the Law" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

Votes: 1 50.0%

• **1/2

Votes: 1 50.0%

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Check out Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout! Disney XD will air two new episodes, today starting at 8:00AM ET!

Kvd9NPa.png
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout "I Fought the Law"
Episode Debut - April 1st, 2018

After the Guardians capture Thanos, they find it difficult transporting the most wanted criminal in the galaxy.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Note: If possible, please try and discuss the events of each new episode airing today in its respective talkback thread.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Pretty good episode, but the Nova corps always annoy me in this show. I know it was a misunderstanding, but still, they were quick to fire on the Guardians. And I knew Sam would pull a stunt like this.

While the portrayal of Thanos hasn't been great in the Marvel animated continuity, I do like that this episode finally showed off more of his manipulative side that we don't normally see outside the comics. They should have gagged him.

But heh, Peter forcing Thanos to listen to jazz. Only he would dare.

JoeMabbon

Dreadful Child
That space battle at the beginng was so dull and went on for so long. Other than that this was a good character piece.

But heh, Peter forcing Thanos to listen to jazz. Only he would dare.

Calling smooth jazz jazz is like calling Church's Chicken soul food.

BlackoutCreature

That space battle at the beginng was so dull and went on for so long.
When Peter said they weren't Yondu's Ravagers, I was kinda hoping they were gonna use the episode to explore the Ravager hierarchy some more, maybe learn something about the other Ravager clans that Stakar mentioned in the second movie. Sadly nothing came of that.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy: Mission Break-Out! "I Fought The Law"

Does Sam have the word "sucker" tattooed on his forehead or what? There is no other rational explanation as to why he's trusted and freed two separate supervillains.

As far as I'm concerned, whatever the Nova Corp eventually winds up doing to him won't be enough. And yes, I'm good with execution for that. This is not his first offense.

The parasite looked freaky on Thanos' head.

I laughed after Groot says "I am Groot!" Rocket warns him not to say anything. That's a actually a concern for him. Noted. Moving on.

I like the notion that the Ravagers kept attacking after Thanos escaped because living witnesses could report them for attacking a Nova Corp ship. I love that the show gave a plausible explanation to keep the peril going. Heck, it's not even just plausible, after hearing Gamora say it like that, it actually makes sense.

Bad things? I think this series is defanging Thanos far too much with Infinity War just around the corner. Thanos is not a villain like Loki that can be used equally well in comical and serious settings. Seeing him wearing headphones while being forced to listen to smooth jazz makes him lose a ton of credibility in the era of pop culture where he needs to be building it up instead. I think it's a mistake to say the Guardians can take on Thanos alone and win. Because what's the point of the entire movie then?

But I liked everything else. ***1/2.

JoeMabbon

Dreadful Child
When Peter said they weren't Yondu's Ravagers, I was kinda hoping they were gonna use the episode to explore the Ravager hierarchy some more, maybe learn something about the other Ravager clans that Stakar mentioned in the second movie. Sadly nothing came of that.
I can give them a little leeway on this. We're still early in the season. They still have time to develop that.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts