Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout "Gotta Get Outta this Place" Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

Votes: 1 100.0%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,915 6
A Valid Location
Check out a new episode of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout today at 8:30AM ET on Disney XD! (NOTE: Recent listings mention this episode might air at 9:00AM)

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout "Gotta Get Outta this Place"
Episode Debut - April 22nd, 2018

The Guardians find themselves in prison for stealing a mysterious “package” from the Kree – but it was all set up by Howard the Duck. Can they escape the ultimate prison run by the evil warden Minn-Erva and prove their innocence?

*Ming-Na Wen ("Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.") voice guest stars as Phyla-Vell.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Note: If possible, please try and discuss the events of each new episode airing today in its respective talkback thread.

Gold Guy

Ride On
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
Ratings
2,710 6
New York City
I actually enjoyed this episode. The show is usually at it's best when it's exploring the zaniness of space, and this weird space prison ruled by an old lady with weaponized knitting sticks fits the bill.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,625 7
Framingham, MA
Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy "Got Get Outta This Place"

This must have been one of Marion Ross' last roles. She died a little while ago, so I didn't think she still had anything else coming out.

I like Minerva. She is a Granny Goodness rip-off. No question. The difference for me is that Granny's motives are 100% sinister and done out of pure sociopathic evil. As horrible as Minerva is, I truly think she believes she's helping. Which makes her far scarier in my mind. A zealot with a "righteous" mission if far less likely to give up than a self-interested sociopath. They'll fight to the last breath every time. And I have seen Granny wave the white flag when she's gotten in over her head more than once. Minerva believes she's the GOOD guy. Which is entirely messed up in a pleasurable way.

I love Rocket's performance and admired the amount of self-control he put over himself in allowing to be referred to as a rodent to keep up appearances. He is even calls himself that! Which tells me that after all this time, and all of these screw-ups, Rocket is NOT 100% useless. You can count on him when you need him. The trade-off is that he's usually such a hindrance that you don't actually need him very often. But when you do, he'll play the fool.

I bet Peter wishes he could go back to stealing the useless item and being made fun of. Great callback to the movie.

Peter's hatred of Fandral will never get old. The only reason I think he's there is that the writers instantly realize they struck gold with that joke two episodes ago, and wanted to make it a running gag from the ground floor up. It says a lot about this show that it sort of instantly gets what works and what doesn't.

Great episode. I think we just figured out the season subtitle. ****1/2.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,625 7
Framingham, MA
Every source I check says that Marion Ross is still alive. Could you be confusing her with Erin Moran who passed last year?
No, it was definitely Marion Ross' obit. This is the entire problem with the internet. Nobody is actually ever dead. I have read several different obits for the same people more than once. Abe Vigoda was a prophet.

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
Jun 17, 2015
Ratings
342 5
Marion Ross as Minerva is pretty much the most craziest casting Marvel has ever done. I can understand why the show went with this way & the fact she's Jim Meskimen's mother, but still.