Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout "Fame" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Check out a new episode of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout today at 8:30AM ET on Disney XD!

Kvd9NPa.png
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout "Fame"
Episode Debut - April 15th, 2018
Written by - Steven Melching
Directed by - James Yang

Quill starts his own talk show after beating Thanos; to his dismay, everyone seems to hate it, especially the Grandmaster, who rigs the segments to destroy Quill.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Note: If possible, please try and discuss the events of each new episode airing today in its respective talkback thread.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
It's on OnDemand.

Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy: Mission Breakout! "Fame"

This show is often dumb. I think this might have been a little too dumb for its own good. Deliberately so, granted, but I think they took it a bit too far.

First off, I love that the entire episode is structured as a television program than an unknown viewer is flipping through. But truthfully, TV has yet to deliver a great animated "Reality show" episode. But this episode was superior than most because even if the camera angles weren't entirely believable, they at least made me believe they were always filming the thing, which is a tough thing to thread. It's why I think the X-Files / COPS crossover did not work at all.

I love that the technical difficulties sign is Fing Fang Foom eating a satellite dish.

Peter actually has to pay money to put on a TV show. I don't know if this is ALL of the TV shows in the part of the galaxy, but that isn't a sustainable business model for the reasons shown. It's actually a bit pathetic.

Speaking of which, Peter has the most horrific taste in women. And yet, I sympathize with both of them when it's revealed he shared the same song with both of them. Peter Quill is the type of guy known for d moves, but that's probably the worst a dude can do.

Fandral was ridiculous. Only worse Asgardian guest would have been Loki. But Loki might have had the grace to put Peter out of his misery.

Speaking of which, the Grandmaster reveal was very underwhelming. This used to be the guy who kidnapped all of the Marvel superheroes and made them battle in the Contest Of Champions. Now it seems like Mojo from X-Men actually has more entertainment juice. Why does Grandmaster even CARE enough about Peter to spend this much time and money messing with him? I'd almost think it wouldn't be worth it if he was doing the same thing to all of the Guardians, but the idea that it's just Peter makes me think the Grandmaster has too much free time, and not enough structure in his day. Grandmaster is now boring and ordinary is what I'm saying. There has always been a subtext that the guy is pathetic and low-class deep-down, but this is one of those dumb things I mentioned that they probably took too far.

It was fun, but I felt stupider for watching it. ***.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I didn't care too much for this episode. There were some nice bits, like the cameos and mentions of other characters, or Quill's crazy ex-girlfriends. But the Grandmaster's plot wasn't all that interesting and Quill's show was pretty lame (though I guess that was kind of the point).

As for this entire arc featuring the Guardians getting rich and losing all their money, it was pretty good. Gamora's story was probably my favorite, and Groot's was good as well. The others were more comedic, and the humor didn't work all the time. I liked how all these stories took place at the same time, with all of them culminating in this episode. Overall, it was a neat story-line.

JoeMabbon

Dreadful Child
That intro was a dramatic improvement over the show's actual intro.

Quill's show would've gone better if he'd remembered Space Ghost's golden rule: "Always have a weapon."

Grandmaster is now boring and ordinary is what I'm saying. There has always been a subtext that the guy is pathetic and low-class deep-down, but this is one of those dumb things I mentioned that they probably took too far.

He's no Jeff Goldblum. But then, who is?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Just a quick heads up, for those who missed the episode - it's apparently going to air today, at 8:00AM ET (and thus, the two new episodes scheduled for this week might be airing a half-hour later).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts