Green Lantern: The Animated Series "Razer's Edge" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment - Green Lantern: The Animated Series "Razer's Edge"

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Check out an all-new episode of Green Lantern: The Animated Series today at 10:00am (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network!

Green Lantern: The Animated Series
Saturday, March 17th, 2012 at 10:00am (ET/PT) - "#3 Razer's Edge"

Razer, the former Red Lantern, join’s Hal’s team, but Kilowog is suspicious.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Feel free to comment as the episode airs, too, providing your own commentary. However, do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And please remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

trance2009

Good night everybody!
Cliche plot, but they had to get Razer to join up somehow. It'll be interesting to see his dynamic with Hal and Kilowog.

Hero Supreme

Mr Jinx No More
It was ok, but I was expecting a little smarter plot. And making a prisoner into the warden seems a bad idea. I mean, he was a criminal after all, right? He may have been tortured but he wasn't innocent.

HEATXZ

Duck Knght
Great episode :anime:
It was interesting to learn how Razor became a Red Lantern

jph139

Immortal
Nothing too exciting, but I am really enjoying Aya... and am a fan of how much sway Timm gets thematically. Razer's wife not only dying but, y'know, being found dead and then the candlelight vigil and all that. Really... interesting scene with Aya talking through her body. Uncomfortable, in a way, though of course she wouldn't be able to understand why; I wonder if her increasing humanity will be a plot trend.

Spider prison was interesting, though there designs were a little goofy. Loved the little squid guy, though I have NO idea why Hal decided to put him in charge of a prison complex full of dangerous cosmic criminals... without supervision... for eighteen months. Poor little warden's gonna be squished in a week.

FightingDreamer

Mutant on the Rise
More excellence that builds on the premiere's promise. Laundry list!:

-I like how the show is creating conflict between Hal and Kilowog; they are clearly very good friends and comrades (this is helped by Josh Keaton and Kevin Michael Richardson's genuine chemistry), but they still have different views on things like crime and punishment. Kilowog's final line hints at more friction to come thanks to Hal's decision. I was slightly disappointed that we didn't get to see anything of *their* worst moments, but there probably wasn't enough time.

-Robert Englund continues to be typecast as mega-creeps even in voiceover. I'm not complaining, mind you; he certainly seems to be enjoying himself here as the warden. It just amuses me that he's still playing Freddy Krueger-esque roles.

-Razer's character arc entered a new stage (I had a feeling he had a rather tragic reason for joining the Red Lanterns), and I'm especially intrigued by where his newfound relationship with Aya might go.

-I liked the moments when Kilowog lampshaded stuff like Hal yelling at him to cause a distraction, and when he admitted he was expecting Hal to name Razer as the new warden (which I thought was coming too).

-I didn't quite realize the torture devices were causing Razer's flashbacks at first, but it did click when the Warden explained.

Can't wait for more, as usual.

Master Toon

It was ok, but I was expecting a little smarter plot. And making a prisoner into the warden seems a bad idea. I mean, he was a criminal after all, right? He may have been tortured but he wasn't innocent.

It wasn't the most favorable decision but considering that absolutely no one else was availible for 18 months, I'd say that it was the best decision to be made at the time.

Dorko

But what was he guilty of? The Spider Guild really doesn't seem like the kind of law enforcement that distinguishes between the severity of shop lifting and murder. Prisoners are all just food to them.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
This episode was okay, not as good as the first two-parter though. Razer is an interesting character, but the way he joined the team was generic.

This episode reminds me of the Superman: The Animated Series episode "a little piece of home", in that it's main purpose is to introduce the viewer to the superhero's weakness, in this case Qwardium.

Razer may not be proud of what he did, but the animators are clearly proud of that exploding planet model.

Goggan will free all the other prisoners and claim to have rescued them singlehandedly. The crooks will think he's some kind of criminal mastermind and start a new crime syndicate with him on top.

Future Black Lantern Masterlist:
M'tek
Shyir Rev
Razer's wife

(I had a feeling he had a rather tragic reason for joining the Red Lanterns)

I believe you'll soon find out that all Red Lanterns have a tragic reason for joining the Red Lanterns. It's almost a requirement for being in that Corps. Those who don't have a sad backstory usually ending up being put in the Sinestro Corps instead. Or Slytherin House.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yellow stones. :D Hope they're importing that stuff across space, would make for a good season two arc - Sinestro starts the Sinestro Corps.

This episode was okay, not as good as the first two-parter though. Razer is an interesting character, but the way he joined the team was generic.
When that scene of Razer finding Ilana dead, part of wondered if the latest attack really was those warlords they were talking about earlier or Atrocitus and Zox making it look like the warlords in order to speed up the recruitment process for the greater good as they would put it.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Aya has some interesting abilities but she's powered by the green energy and it would seem she's weak to yellow energy like any Green Lantern would be.

I enjoyed Rob Paulsen's performance as that little alien. He sure said "dead" a lot.

They're not pulling any punches on the drama so far.

Pretty good episode overall.

Hope they're importing that stuff across space, would make for a good season two arc - Sinestro starts the Sinestro Corps.

It might even be a minor season one arc. Remember that while the Sinestro Corps is not in the first season...

...the Weaponers are, and in the comics that mineral comes from their planet. I wouldn't be surprised if they've been storing caches of it all over Frontier Space, and the Spider Guild just happened to stumble across one.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It might even be a minor season one arc. Remember that while the Sinestro Corps is not in the first season...

...the Weaponers are, and in the comics that mineral comes from their planet. I wouldn't be surprised if they've been storing caches of it all over Frontier Space, and the Spider Guild just happened to stumble across one.
Ah, yes. Could be an inocuous one off episode in season one with them, then lead in to a big arc in season two with the Sinestro Corps... :evil:

RoryWilliams

Ah, yes. Could be an inocuous one off episode in season one with them, then lead in to a big arc in season two with the Sinestro Corps... :evil:

Maybe it was just because Young Justice has conditioned me to consider every little element as a possible set-up for future stories, but yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. A little one-off encounter that slowly builds up to the Sinestro Corps.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Maybe it was just because Young Justice has conditioned me to consider every little element as a possible set-up for future stories, but yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. A little one-off encounter that slowly builds up to the Sinestro Corps.
Ha ha, yeah. But Krieg or Volpe admitted this is the case for this show, too, last year at a con.

Bobbywoodhogan

I Will Find Him!
Another superb episode, this show really is fantastic and its made me realise that a CGI show can work aslong as you have a solid script and a good voice cast.

One thong I didn't like when the villain said that after they treat the criminals they eat them, I was like why not just eat them in the first place? or do they taste better after torture? anyways thats only a minor beef other than that this episode was spot on.

I'm finding the storyline with Razer very interesting, whilst I do think he will inevitable become a Green Lantern or die saving the day I'm still not sure where this is going and I like it that way.

Also Robert Englunds always a villain, love it :D

4.5/5

The Dark Lord

Surprised Hal would let a Red Lantern join them. Maybe he sense good in him...?

Pretty good episode. Loved the spiders in the prison. :)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts