Green Lantern: The Animated Series "Loss" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment - GLTAS - "Loss"

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The honeymoon is over. Check out an epic all-new sinister episode of the acclaimed Green Lantern: The Animated Series today at 10:00am (ET/PT) on DC Nation!

Green Lantern: The Animated Series
January 26th, 2013 at 10:00am (ET/PT) - "#19 Loss"

The heroes attend a rebuilding ceremony between the Guardians and the Red Lanterns on their capitol planet, Ysmault. However, a rampant malfunctioning Manhunter threatens to derail the fragile state of peace between both sides.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Feel free to comment as the episode airs, too, providing your own running commentary, though avoid successive posting. However, do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And please remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

wind

Oh man that ending... :( Poor Aya. At least she and Razer got to get some closure.

Also why is it that the Guardians are always such jerks?

Zox has to man up and face his fears too. Show the manhunters that he isn't gonna hide from them.

Divinenega

Have to say I certainly wasn't expecting that ending. I actually teared up a bit. Don't wanna imagine the wreck Razer's probably going to be over the next few weeks. No way this is going to end well for him.

Bunai

ShakeIT, BakeIT, BootyQuake IT
See, happiness means sadness.
I knew she was going to be harmed, I was more expecting her to be cut in half and then repaired, but I wasn't expecting her to vanish.

I would make a hide-the-body joke, but it is so inappropriate right now lol

HEATXZ

Duck Knght
Great episode
I enjoy the action scenes
Too Bad Aya died :(

Dudley

Staff member
Aaaaaaaand there goes my favorite character.
Ah well, I'm sure she'll come back somehow, someway.

MetroSparkster

...has nothing to say.
I would assume Aya would come back later, but her consciousness was transferred to that body before she died.
What now?

Mistah K88

Wow...I was actually kind of sad at the ending of this... So Krona, a gurdian created the Antimonitor and sent it to another dimension where it devoured that universe...they really do have their little blue hands in everything don't they.

Wonderwall

Staff member
That was a good one and I can see why Giancarlo said it was built like a two parter. I actually said "Is that the ending?" at the end because I wanted to see more. Razer's little detour was a nice bit for him and Aya and it seemed he's finally giving into what he wants and needs. Of course Hal has to be a goober about it and calls. As Razer would say later...inopportune. Seems Zox has nestled in comfortably as Prime Magistrate even ordering around Larfleeze. Of course the big orb is still as goofy and cowardly as ever when he cowers away from the fight with the Anti Monitor. That was a pretty intense fight with them being outnumbered while evading the Maelstrom and getting distance from the Anti Monitor. It was good that the Interceptor didn't even bother with trying to hit the Monitor to save Razer as that would have been kinda of predicatable and wouldn't make too much sense since he shrugs off all attacks even from the ship.

I really liked Aya's act of silent defiance, and maybe even contempt, for the Guardian( which one is she again? ) was cool too as anytime someone defies the Guardians is a-okay in my book. Useless little trolls. Of course only to add to their "usefullness" just like in the comics one of them made the Anti Monitor only this time it was intentional and their solution was even worse than what they did to the Red Lanterns. Really on the ball governing body here at work.

Poor Razer, after being haunted by the memories of his lost love he finally has made peace with her death only to instantly lose someone else he loves. It was sad seeing him clutch Aya's helmet and then lose it when Hal and Kilowog saved him at the last second. That was a rough ending to see Aya go down like that, her scream was what sealed it. It was so human.

wind

It seems that the toughness of the Manhunters has gone way down too. The GL crew and Razer were one shot killing them all over the place. In previous episodes they could dish it out and take it, not so much now.

Srebak

Part of me wants to believe that Aya's "death" was only a temporary plot device for something and that she will return before the season is through. But considering the way they did said "death", and considering DC comics habit of building up certain characters and their relationships, only to destroy them and/or sever any connections they had to others, i'm starting to believe that Aya really is gone for good. I just don't know.

This is just like what happened in episode 14, when the Star Sapphires first appeared, i was expecting that to be the episode where Carol becomes a full-time villain. But instead, the ending implied that she and Hal were meant to be together. Of course, that was before they decided to make them break-up in episode 14. Again, i hope that this is only temporary, but the facts i've seen make that theory very unlikely.

Also, did anyone else find it a little disconcerting when we are shown Zox without his suit?

Wonderwall

Staff member
Zox did have black trunks but before they took off the gag I was wondering if he had anything on:sweat:

Neo Yi

Joustus!
Staff member
Reporter
AHHH! Oh my GOD, there goes my feelings! Aya is gone!? I guess, maybe? I mean, she's a robot, so building one is easy. The problem is that her AI is wholly unique to her that replacing her is simply out of the question! A part of me wants to believe something will happen to bring her back because oh my GOD Razer! The poor guy is forced to see his loved ones die twice! After improving so much both in his attitude and moving on, this happens to him...again! The desire to see the aftermath is driving me crazy! He needs his happy ending!

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I must say, I hate how the Guardians didn;t tell the Red Lanterns about the Anti-Moniter or the Manhunters! Don't the Guardians WANT the Red Lanterns to help in the war?

As for Aya's death....I actually saw it coming. It was sad, but....they could have dodged that energy blast if they had been paying attention.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I think they'll have to fess up in the next episode and mobilize all the RL's, Shard, and warships against the Manhunter swarm.

That was a pleasant surprise to see a Krona cameo. Thought it was odd the Director mentioned Anti-Monitor was capable of even time travel. Hmm.

Was also neat to see all those Red Lanterns again, even Cleric Loran was there.

I'm naturally skeptical Aya is gone for good. She might have been able to download herself into one of the Manhunters or even Anti-Monitor since they're all Guardian tech like her. Or they might try to go to the Star Sapphires for help - who knows what the power of love can do?

Seems Zox has nestled in comfortably as Prime Magistrate even ordering around Larfleeze.
:confused: Oh, you mean Bleez?

Geodude

Yeah, I bet the Star Sapphires will be the key to finding Aya and/or getting her back. After all they were able to locate Aya and teleport Razer to her once before, so if she does indeed exist somewhere, they can do it again. Maybe that's related to how Carol ends up getting involved with them again.

Wonderwall

Staff member
That was a pleasant surprise to see a Krona cameo. Thought it was odd the Director mentioned Anti-Monitor was capable of even time travel. Hmm.

Yea I that crossed my mind too. It just seemed strange that she would point that out. Perhaps a possible cliffhanger later in the season?

:confused: Oh, you mean Bleez?

Arrgghh! Yes that's what I meant. My ignorance is showing.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts