"Green Lantern" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HEATXZ

Duck Knght
A Green Lantern movie sounds awesome:anime:
Great to have a DC Hero that is not Batman nor Superman getting a Live Action movie

LinkG07

Well there's certainly gonna be a lot of lasers in this movie. Its obvious they're gonna take the Hal Jordan route, although I wonder who would make a good one? As well as a good John Stewart?

Michael24

Staff member
I always thought Dennis Quaid would have been a good Hal Jordan. I've seen some drawings of Jordan that came close to resembling him.

Awesome news. Personally, I really think entire films about other Corps. members (aside from Hal), but we'll see how this goes.

I was hoping Smallville could get a GL episode, but with this film...now I'm not too sure it can.

Wonderwall

Staff member
A DC movie that's not Batman..cool. The Lantern has always been one of my favorites outside my Big 3( Bats, Supes, and Spidey ). Now lets get the Flash a movie.

Knight

Emerald Knight
http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=12843&count=100

Chris Pine Confirms Green Lantern Rumors

headline11933.jpg
Not too long ago, we reported that "Star Trek" star Chris Pine (James T Kirk) was on the short list to star as Hal Jordan in the upcoming "The Green Lantern" film.

MTV News caught up with Pine to find out if there is any truth to the rumors. It turns out that discussions have taken place, but there is currently no deal.

"I had a meeting with [casting director] Pam Dixon and [executive producer] Donald De Line, but a meeting was all it was," said Pine. "I have not been offered squat. I do not have the part and haven't read a script."

Pine didn't eliminate the possibility that he still might be offered the Hal Jordan role, but if he accepts the part, it won't be for his love of comics. "I'm not a big comic book fan," he explained. "I'm a fan of stories. So if there's a story to be told, I love to tell a good story. But there's not a particular superhero or comic book character that I'd like to play."

Hope he takes it. He appears to have the Hal Jordan look.

Knight

Emerald Knight
Looks like BAG wants to play GL.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=13023&count=0
Should Brian Austin Green be "The Green Lantern"?04-15-2009 (11:30:32)

headline12098.jpg

Brian Austin Green, who is best know for "Beverly Hills 90210," "Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles" and banging Megan Fox (Transformers), is actively campaigning for the role of Hal Jordan in the upcoming "Green Lantern" film. He recently spoke to Comic Book Resources about his relentless pursuit.

"I've been sort of throwing myself into the mix and trying to get in to sit down with the producers and see what's going on," said the 35-year-old, 6-foot tall Green. "I haven't seen a script yet. I haven't talked to producers but my agent and my manager have talked to producers and casting."

He added that while he's a tough sell and his name will probably not draw a big audience to the theaters, he still feels that a studio should take gamble on him. But what's more important to him is what the fans think.

"I'm just intrigued and curious to see what the fans think. Ultimately, fans of the comic and the history should decide," he said. "If I'm not the right guy then I shouldn't be playing the character but if people think that there's something there, then lets see where it can go."

Do you think Green would be right for the part?

Michael24

Staff member
I'd rather see Brian Austin Green get the part. I hadn't even heard of Chris Pine until Star Trek, but already there's just something about him that I can't stand. I really liked Green in The Sarah Connor Chronicles and think he could be good in the role.

Knight

Emerald Knight
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/05/05/will-bradley-cooper-play-hal-jordan-in-green-lantern/

Will Bradley Cooper Play Hal Jordan in Green Lantern?
May 5, 2009
Source: HitFix
by Alex Billington
We've heard time and time again rumors off and on about who will play Hal Jordan in Martin Campbell's Green Lantern movie. Back in March, it was rumored that Chris Pine was the frontrunner, but that was debunked. But now Drew McWeeny at HitFix is saying that it'll be Bradley Cooper. Who is he, you ask? Well, first off, Drew McWeeny is otherwise known as Moriarty from AICN, and I trust this guy. He doesn't report rumors and I know he has checked this scoop twice (or more). Secondly, if you're wondering who is, he's one of the guys in the upcoming summer comedy The Hangover, at least.
In addition to The Hangover, Cooper has appeared in Failure to Launch, Yes Man, He's Just Not That Into You, and he was the lead in The Midnight Meat Train. Give or take that last one (and his roles on like "Alias") he has starred in primarily comedies, and I've come to think of him as the goofy, *******, friend kind of guy, not a charismatic leading man. But maybe he's just been typecast and this is his chance to break out. I mean, look at Chris Pine, that guy kicks some ass as Captain Kirk in Star Trek, and when he was cast, nobody though he'd be able to pull it off. Could it be the same for Bradley Cooper?
We know that director likes to see a lot of actors for his movies. Word is that he passed on (or they weren't otherwise interested) actors like Ryan Gosling, Emile Hirsch, Anton Yelchin, Jon Hamm, and Chris Pine, so far. So who else is out there that's left that could play Hal Jordan? Bradley Cooper? Drew says "they have not hired him yet," however, he will be screen-testing this week, and he's even willing to "bet that Cooper's going to be the guy." So there you have it, sounds on target this time. We'll of course confirm this when and if he is indeed cast as Hal Jordan, but for now, it's time to open this up. Good choice?

mr.happy

I could see him more as a Kyle Rayner(ihs) GL, but there's no way he could possibly play a Hal Jordan that resembles the comic book version.

The Clown Prince

My God carries a big Hammer
Staff member
The Hollwood Reporter has this story up about the three finalists (Bradley Cooper, Ryan Reynolds, and Justin Timberlake(!) and it looks like a decision will have to be made pretty soon...

Warner Bros. is about to decide who will wear the super-powered ring in "Green Lantern," the studio's latest DC Comics tentpole movie.

Along with director Martin Campbell and producers Donald De Line and Greg Berlanti, Warners has spent the past five months searching for the actor to play Hal Jordan, the hot-shot Air Force pilot who is chosen by a dying alien to be his successor in an intergalactic police force known as the Green Lanterns.

This week, the race narrowed to Bradley Cooper, Ryan Reynolds and Justin Timberlake. The clock is ticking on the decision as the holding deal the studio had on the actors expired Monday, meaning the three are now free to accept other offers.

The studio ordered up two rounds of screen tests with Cooper, Reynolds and Timberlake. Other actors in the early mix included Michael Fassbender, Henry Cavill and Jared Leto.

Apparently, De Line, Campbell and the studio each had a different favorite among the three finalists, making it difficult to come to a consensus.

Another issue impacting the casting process is the rising budget. "Lantern" is a full-blown space epic that is expected to cost between $150 million and $200 million, if not more. Warners would like to have the production costs at a reasonable level before proceeding.

The studio has scheduled the movie for a December 2010 opening.

Cooper, repped by CAA and Thruline, is feeling a lot of love from Warners as he stars in the studio's surprise comedy hit, "The Hangover," which has grossed $210 million domestically.

UTA-repped Reynolds recently starred in a comic book movie, Fox's "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," where he played "the merc with a mouth" Deadpool. The character is now being developed for a spinoff to which Reynolds is attached. The actor is also in theaters with Disney's romantic comedy "The Proposal."

Timberlake, repped by CAA and Rick Yorn, has been steadily building an acting resume, appearing in such dramas as "Alpha Dog" and "Black Snake Moan" while also showcasing his comedy chops with appearances on "Saturday Night Live."

Michael24

Staff member
Oh, please, let it be Cooper or Reynolds over friggin' Timberlake. :eek:

I'd so love to see this movie turn out good.

Azrael24

why?
I doubt Timberlake is seriously in the competition. I hope Henry Cavill gets it, he's a great actor and he would make a good hal. i wonder if chris pine isnt in the running anymore?? i hope he still is, he would be good too. i dont want reynolds as hal, hes more like a flash, but we'll see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I found out that the original All That is not created by Dan Schneider. Is that true?
WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!

Featured Posts