"Green Lantern Corp (HBO Max Series)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Berlanti finally gets a GL series. Ha.

Goes without saying but I wonder how this affects the GLC movie. Did the movie get shelved/shifted to HBO Max or will this series be used as a test bed for another eventual movie?

Frontier

Staff member
It's finally happening. They're doing a live-action Green Lantern show :D!

I pity whoever has to budget this series out :p.
Berlanti finally gets a GL series. Ha.

Goes without saying but I wonder how this affects the GLC movie. Did the movie get shelved/shifted to HBO Max or will this series be used as a test bed for another eventual movie?
I've heard a rumor Kyle will be the GL in this, so if the movie stays a Hal/John picture they might keep it on-track.

Greg91

Reporter
I'm up for this, but I hope the Green Lantern Corps movie still happens. After the 2011 movie, the GL property took a big hit, in my opinion. I definitely hope the property recovers since it's one of DC's highest profile IPs.

I can't really tell DC's movie strategy with the recast Batman, semi-rebooted Suicide Squad, out-of-universe Joker movie, etc. So TV seems like the safest bet, especially with the new Superman and Lois show filling in the gap for a lack of Superman in the live-action movies. Hopefully the budget for this show will support the visual effects.
I'm all for Kyle to be the star, 'bout time he's in the mix again, live action or animated.
I'd definitely like to see that, especially since he's the classic human Lantern I know the least about.

Frontier

Staff member
I can't really tell DC's movie strategy with the recast Batman, semi-rebooted Suicide Squad, out-of-universe Joker movie, etc. So TV seems like the safest bet, especially with the new Superman and Lois show filling in the gap for a lack of Superman in the live-action movies. Hopefully the budget for this show will support the visual effects.
It's apparently got a 100 million dollar budget.

I'd definitely like to see that, especially since he's the classic human Lantern I know the least about.
Of the core four Earth Lanterns he's probably been the least adapted/focused on, which is ironic given he was the first one to show up in the DCAU.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
My fear is that they are going to do it TV-MA with f-bombs, nudity and gutsplattering violence. Not looking forward to this for this reason.

Plus Berlanti is already spread way too thin. That's why the majority of his shows suck.

Otaku-sempai

I rather have an Alan Scott GL series, set it in late 40's.
He had some cool villains at that time.
Harlequin.
Sports Master.
Sky Pirate.
Solomon Grundy.
Good friend, Cabby Doiby Dickles.

But I would be OK with a Kyle GL series.
Chance to have a Mexican actor in the green spotlight.
I think if we see a series set in that historical period, it might be more likely to be Sandman Mystery Theatre.

Frontier

Staff member
My fear is that they are going to do it TV-MA with f-bombs, nudity and gutsplattering violence. Not looking forward to this for this reason.
I don't expect that to be the case here, since it wouldn't fit with a property like Green Lantern.

I'm expecting it'll skew more towards the Arrowverse audience, which is much broader.

Although now I guess they could finally do a Blackest Night adaption...

Parker-Shepherd

A Green Lantern TV series...hmm... Wonder how this'll turn out. Given that the movie was a flop and the animated series didn't get any additional seasons.

the greenman

I rather have an Alan Scott GL series, set it in late 40's.
He had some cool villains at that time.
Harlequin.
Sports Master.
Sky Pirate.
Solomon Grundy.
Good friend, Cabby Doiby Dickles.

But I would be OK with a Kyle GL series.
Chance to have a Mexican actor in the green spotlight.
That would be a good project for a miniseries on DCUniverse.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Parker-Shepherd

Honestly, I'm on the fence about this new series but who knows how it'll turn out. Green Lantern TAS had potential but was short lived.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts