"Green Lantern: Beware My Power" Animated Feature News & Discussion (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
I also thought there were some fun nods to previous stuff, like both Hawkgirl (Hawkwoman?) and Vixen being in there considering their history with John Stewart, or the team-up with Green Arrow. The movie probably won't dwell too much on the romance angle from the DCAU or the relevant issues from the comics though.

John's origin seems to have been changed a little but I honestly don't mind. He's the main GL for this new continuity, apparently. But they did mention Hal was there before and I imagine we might see more Lanterns with time. On another note, I think Stargirl is the only character so far from the DVD covers spines, who hasn't appeared in a movie yet.

The Sinestro Corps seem like good enough villains for the movie. And the Rann-Thanagar War, I think it was most recently depicted in that Adam Strange Showcase short from a couple of years ago. I'm also half-expecting Lobo to show up, considering the mention of interplanetary killers.

I presume we'll see a cast list soon enough; I can't really venture to guess the actors heard in this trailer but think at the very least that's still Ike Amadi as Martian Manhunter.

All in all, this looks pretty promising and I will check this movie out. As mentioned before, it's cool to have another GL animated feature. It also features other heroes, but I don't mind and besides, GL is still getting top billing.

Frontier

Staff member
I also thought there were some fun nods to previous stuff, like both Hawkgirl (Hawkwoman?) and Vixen being in there considering their history with John Stewart, or the team-up with Green Arrow. The movie probably won't dwell too much on the romance angle from the DCAU or the relevant issues from the comics though.
I'd love a Katma Tui appearance :).
John's origin seems to have been changed a little but I honestly don't mind. He's the main GL for this new continuity, apparently. But they did mention Hal was there before and I imagine we might see more Lanterns with time. On another note, I think Stargirl is the only character so far from the DVD covers spines, who hasn't appeared in a movie yet.
Stargirl was on a DVD spine o_O?
The Sinestro Corps seem like good enough villains for the movie. And the Rann-Thanagar War, I think it was most recently depicted in that Adam Strange Showcase short from a couple of years ago. I'm also half-expecting Lobo to show up, considering the mention of interplanetary killers.
I wonder if it'll just be Hawkgirl or if they'll reference Earth-1 Hawkman...
I presume we'll see a cast list soon enough; I can't really venture to guess the actors heard in this trailer but think at the very least that's still Ike Amadi as Martian Manhunter.
I've seen a suggestion that John is Aldis Hodge (DCEU Hawkman).
All in all, this looks pretty promising and I will check this movie out. As mentioned before, it's cool to have another GL animated feature. It also features other heroes, but I don't mind and besides, GL is still getting top billing.
We don't often get DC Cosmic animated films, and no more fitting a star than a Green Lantern :cool:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
On another note, I think Stargirl is the only character so far from the DVD covers spines, who hasn't appeared in a movie yet.
I don't think so. That should be everyone, until we see the cover spine for this movie. Brainiac and Lobo on Superman's, Wonder Woman on Batman: Soul of the Dragon's, Wonder Woman's arm, Aquaman's hand and trident and Hawkgirl on JSA's, Aquaman and Constantine on TLH Part 1, and Aquaman's other hand, John's ring hand, and Sinestro on TLH Part 2.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Yeah, my bad about Stargirl. It was Hakwgirl. I think when the low-res image first came out, I mistook her for Stargirl (like with her mace being the staff) and it stuck with me she's on the connecting image. :sweat:

From what I can tell it's still only John & Sinestro on this cover, no new characters.

vlcsnap-2022-05-04-22h34m44s562.png

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So GL experts, were those shots too brief to i.d. those 4 Sinestro Corps members that were with Lyssa and Sinestro?

Or those GLs near the start? For sure I saw Galius, Tomar of course but the others...

RoyalRubble

Staff member
So GL experts, were those shots too brief to i.d. those 4 Sinestro Corps members that were with Lyssa and Sinestro?

Or those GLs near the start? For sure I saw Galius, Tomar of course but the others...
I think Laira and Boodikka are shown at 0:49. The designs sort of also match how they looked in the previous GL animated movies.

For Sinestro's group, it seems like Kanjar-Ro and maybe Despero (kind of looks like a purple thing with fins on its head... can't tell if it has more eyes). If true, funny how most of the villains' names would end with "O".

(Disclaimer: I'm not a GL expert)

EmaHalJordan

Hopefully we know more about Hal and his relationship with the League, mainly with Oliver and Barry! Also more information about the history of this Justice League, maybe photos hanging on the Satellite or some statues of the members, maybe a statue of the League fighting Starro similar to the one we will see in Dark Crisis to know who the founding members were. It would also be nice to know about Hawkman!

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced Green Lantern: Beware My Power, the studio’s next entry in the DC Universe Movie line, will hit physical and digital media on July 26, 2022. The feature is directed by Jeff Wamester from a script co-written by John Semper and Ernie Altbacker. Check out the details at WF!

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Even if there's no Hawkman on-screen in the movie we have one behind the scenes with John's voice actor, Aldis Hodge. :p

The cast looks pretty solid with Amadi, Hodge, Brian Bloom or Rick D. Wasserman. Pleasantly surprised to see Jason J. Lewis in there, too.

Frontier

Staff member
Well, we have three of the cast members. We have Aldis Hodge for John Stewart, Jimmi Simpson for Green Arrow, and Jamie Gray Hyder for Hawkgirl.

So...

DCEU Hawkman as Tomorrowverse John Stewart.

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes Captain America as Adam Strange.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 Storm/Mortal Kombat 11 Sindel as Lyssa Drak.

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes Thor as Sinestro.

Justice League Action
Superman and Zod as Ganthet.

Also I guess Hal doesn't have a VA, unless Nolan North voices him :confused:.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced Green Lantern: Beware My Power, the studio’s next entry in the DC Universe Movie line, will hit physical and digital media on July 26, 2022. The feature is directed by Jeff Wamester from a script co-written by John Semper and Ernie Altbacker. Check out the details at WF!
So this is what John Semper was working on :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
One special feature? Sigh. Not shocked there.

Semper and Altbacker? Cool little Spider-Man reunion there. :)

88 min. runtime. Noice.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

My daily reminder of Twitter being cancer on level with TikTok (which is worse, despite not being around as long.):

Yeah: I thought a boy and a girl becoming more than friends was usually the norm when it came to building healthy future relationships, last time I checked. Or is it that these characters are straight?
devil cookie pfp time!

because of this tweet...
So NERF sells Minecraft toys apparently...
Something I've noticed about Popeye on MeTV's Saturday Morning Cartoons as of late- not only are there now 4 shorts instead of 3, they're mostly, if not entirely, ones from the 1950s. A decade that Warner Home Video has yet to tackle for the Sailor Man. Almost like it's a sign.

Featured Posts