Goblin Slayer Talkback

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
GOBLIN SLAYER on Crunchyroll!

Show and episode 1 are now up on Crunchyroll.

FAIR WARNING:

This show is NOT a happy go lucky anime. While there is some comedy and humor to come later, the show is also at times very bleak and dark. Know going in its very dark very quickly.

3ngag3

Considering how the LN and the manga described certain...scenes..., I think the anime did a decent enough job giving us a balance of both.

AnotherRandomGuy

The cat came back, he just couldn't stay away
OH...this anime...

I'm debating with myself to give it watch, the first few chapters alone of the LN and manga made my stomach churn.

doomrider7

That One Guy
OH...this anime...

I'm debating with myself to give it watch, the first few chapters alone of the LN and manga made my stomach churn.

Join us in worship of the Slime King!

y86meIA.jpg

In Regards to My Reincarnation as a Slime Talkback

Attachments

• 08_263.jpg
    08_263.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

3ngag3

Man, some people are really up in arms over this show.

It's like they've never seen Berserk or Hellsing Ultimate before.

doomrider7

That One Guy
Don't hijack the thread with your slime show. Goblin Slayer is better.

Not according to Anime News Network or Crunchyroll for that matter. And Pot Calling the Kettle Black since that's what you immediately did on mine. Don't hate for my show not having an Audience Alienating Premise and being much more easily accessible and enjoyable.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Will yall calm down no need to fight about anime

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Not according to Anime News Network or Crunchyroll for that matter. And Pot Calling the Kettle Black since that's what you immediately did on mine. Don't hate for my show not having an Audience Alienating Premise and being much more easily accessible and enjoyable.

Which means what exactly? I don't hate Slime at all, but I'm not throwing up Goblin Slayer videos in the Slime thread. Doesn't seem like anything has alienated the audience of Goblin Slayer as its the hottest show of the fall season.

DpiTKaFU0AAPgAm.jpg

Last edited:

3ngag3

Which means what exactly? I don't hate Slime at all, but I'm not throwing up Goblin Slayer videos in the Slime thread. Doesn't seem like anything has alienated the audience of Goblin Slayer as its the hottest show of the fall season.

View attachment 203571

It's possible that could be people generating buzz about the show and not them necessarily liking it. It's been an absurdly hot topic for the past couple of weeks for reasons both good and bad.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
It's possible that could be people generating buzz about the show and not them necessarily liking it. It's been an absurdly hot topic for the past couple of weeks for reasons both good and bad.

Results say otherwise:

- Reddit thread for episode one has almost 5,000 upvotes.

Double that of Slime Episode 1. Shatters the new season of JoJo and SAO.

GOBLIN SLAYER

First episode on Crunchyroll has almost 6,000 votes. Significantly more than Slime, First episode of Golden Wind, and Alicization.

The fans have spoken, and they like Goblin Slayer. Most of the complaining about the show have been weak, flimsy arguments at best. Or jerks like Pedantic Romantic conflating his own prejudices onto goblins. Pedantic Romantic, "I will personally go to your home and chop your {blank] off."

Here's another gem from Digibro talking about Goblin Slayer:

"The rape wasn't even good."

Yes these are the prominent YouTubers who trashed Goblin Slayer. Such sophisticated commentary.

Here's the anime opening, Rightfully by Mili.

The ending is called Gin no Kisei by Soraru.

doomrider7

That One Guy

That's pretty much been the general consensus. Kind of like that one Eldrich Pool animated music video. The show is VERY MUCH not my show, but it's so overtly shocking that it not causing some kind of major stir would be absurd. Review opinion on the other hand is more mixed to say the least where as shows like Slime, Zombie Land, JoJo, and the Bunny one consistently get reviews of being well liked.

doomrider7

That One Guy
Results say otherwise:

- Reddit thread for episode one has almost 5,000 upvotes.

Double that of Slime Episode 1. Shatters the new season of JoJo and SAO.

GOBLIN SLAYER

First episode on Crunchyroll has almost 6,000 votes. Significantly more than Slime, First episode of Golden Wind, and Alicization.

The fans have spoken, and they like Goblin Slayer. Most of the complaining about the show have been weak, flimsy arguments at best. Or jerks like Pedantic Romantic conflating his own prejudices onto goblins. Pedantic Romantic, "I will personally go to your home and chop your {blank] off."

Here's another gem from Digibro talking about Goblin Slayer:

"The rape wasn't even good."

Yes these are the prominent YouTubers who trashed Goblin Slayer. Such sophisticated commentary.

Here's the anime opening, Rightfully by Mili.

The ending is called Gin no Kisei by Soraru.

Just came from there. Goblin Slayer is sitting at 4.3, Slime at 4.9, Zombie Land at 4.6, and JoJo at 4.8. More votes does not mean more popularity ditto for more discussion since it's trailing all of these with Slime leading the surprise pack followed by JoJo. What I don't get is why? A series you like got picked up in spite of having an aggressively Audience Alienating Premise. Why not just be happy with that? I frequent an MMA forum's Anime and Manga board and everyone on there LOVES Berserk and obviously bemoan that it doesn't get the adaption it deserves or that it's not more widespread in popularity, but they're all knowledgeable about the why. That being that it's just not for everyone and simply enjoy the things that DO happen like more JoJo, surprise weird shows like Zombie Land and Bunny Senpai(4.6), and excellent surprises from studios with back track records like 8-bit hitting a Grand Slam to win the game with Slime.

Last edited:

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Just came from there. Goblin Slayer is sitting at 4.3, Slime at 4.9, Zombie Land at 4.6, and JoJo at 4.8. More votes does not mean more popularity ditto for more discussion since it's trailing all of these with Slime leading the surprise pack followed by JoJo. What I don't get is why? A series you like got picked up in spite of having an aggressively Audience Alienating Premise. Why not just be happy with that? I frequent an MMA forum's Anime and Manga board and everyone on there LOVES Berserk and obviously bemoan that it doesn't get the adaption it deserves or that it's not more widespread in popularity, but they're all knowledgeable about the why. That being that it's just not for everyone and simply enjoy the things that DO happen like more JoJo, surprise weird shows like Zombie Land and Bunny Senpai(4.6), and excellent surprises from studios with back track records like 8-bit hitting a Grand Slam to win the game with Slime.

From where? Not seeing those numbers anywhere.

1) Not sure what you don't get

2) No evidence the premise is aggressively audience alienating at all. The results say otherwise that the show is anything but audience alienating.

3) Goblin Slayer is one of if not the hottest shows of the fall season and possibly the year.

It's not the premise that's audience alienating. It's some of the content. To me it's no more audience alienating than Netflix's Castlevania, Berserk and SAO. And plenty of grandstanding anime viewers have complained about the rape content of SAO and the way female characters are treated.

As for Berserk, the original anime was never that popular in Japan. But I mean in the last several years it's gotten a new series plus new feature length movies. So it's not like new material isn't getting made. The movies looked like they were fairly well done and were fairly faithful to the manga despite the parts that were cut.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts