Go! Cartoons by Cartoon Hangover - Talkback Thread

Rhaynebow

I can't too mad at CH liking positive comments I mean name 5 youtubers you saw liking comments that were either negative or constructive criticism though I do agree the lack of variety hurts the event. I mean sure you can't do a lot with 6 minutes but CH had this with a 6 minute run

To be fair though, there’s a difference between criticism and just being a jerk. My professor drilled into my mind that saying “I like it” or “I don’t like it” doesn’t give an artist any feedback. You have to say WHY or HOW something works or doesn’t work. I’m not saying that CH should start liking the critics comments as...well...the shorts are already done, but if the rest of these shorts are going to be the same, some of the viewers will call them out. Even a single “Thanks for all the feedback guys” comment would suffice because at least that implies that CH doesn’t have selective hearing.

Also that was a neat short, definitely stands out. Although the constant fade to blacks were grating even if it was intentional to fit with the gray tones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out

New cartoon Baghead and I like this one. There isn't much to say except for a show with good animation, designs, and humor. Its not revolutionary but I enjoyed the fact that I wasted 5 minutes of my time watching this. Don't really care for the close up to the garbage.

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
Oh, I didn't know Dr. Flug had relatives. :p

The Bagheads had really nice animation. The designs reminded me of Kids Next Door a and Chowder. I'll admit that I can relate to letting the garbage overflow, but definitely not to the extent of this cartoon.

Overall, I say it's pretty deece, though the literal garbage humor isn't doing it any favors. Judging by the comments and the sizable chunk of dislikes, this is a common criticism of the short.

Rhaynebow

Yeah, that was actually kind of entertaining. Quite relatable too, taking out the trash can be an annoying chore. Although a part of me was wondering if this family recycled. Stuff like a soda can doesn’t go in the rubbish bin!

The trash humor didn’t bother me too much, it could have been a MILLION times worse. Cartoon garbage was always an interesting prop to me. When you look past the banana peels, apple cores and takeout boxes, what exactly is that brown-green space filler every cartoon uses comprised of?

I DO have to somewhat question the bag heads though. Besides being a surefire way to avoid lip syncing, there doesn’t seem to be a point to them.

But really, who cares? I enjoyed this short a lot. The banter between the siblings was enjoyable, if a tad confusing. They didn’t come off as quirky or spew random catchphrases and the character designs and artwork were distinct from the previous shorts. I’d watch this if this were a show.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.

I can only see myself enjoying this show (if it had actually been one, anyway...) if its main characters develop a little more - a la like that of The Loud House, for something to strive for. For obvious PROS put in front of me: It is well-animated, has a good art design, and is down-to-Earth enough to not be overbearing.

So, if I could rank these as things I can see becoming shows (had that actually been a thing allowed to happen - missed opportunities much, CH?!):

1) Welcome to Doozy
2) The Summoning
3) The Bagheads

Have a nice day.

PapaGreg

Transitions are weird but this is a good short, reminds me if Regular Show took place in the 90s

Zanneck

And for the 9th Go! Cartoons short, we have Tyler & Co.

I'm not sure if it's something I'd watch regularly, but it was pretty much above average. Heck, it almost has what it takes to be Regular Show, if set in the 90's. Also, I can't diss hard at all on something with fluid animation and great voice acting. I really wouldn't mind if it was made into a series at all - that way, it can hopefully get better than it has started out, as there is actual potential on display here.

In fact, here's the way I see it in things that should be made into shows from all of this (now that I've had much more time to truly think about it, of course.):
1) Welcome to Doozy
2) The Summoning
3) Tyler and Co.
4) City Dwellers
5) The Bagheads
(sorry to move it down like this, it's just I've seen better, now.)

I mean, all these shorts would need some work, but (1) and (2) are still the best candidates I've seen to become actually great shows. (3) and (4) might need a little more work, but could still be truly above average series' in time, just not as memorable or truly appealing as (1) and (2), unfortunately. (5), I admit, has the best presentation compared to the other 4, but I'm not itching for it too much to be a series - again, not without some more thought put into its writing, honestly.

Take care.

Last edited:

Nobodyman

I wasn't expecting much, but this one probably made me laugh more than any other cartoon so far.

PapaGreg

Thought it was alright, I felt as if there was a huge missed opportunity to have the rest of the school kids to be based on folklore like Sun Wukong, Little Red Riding Hood, etc

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
Kid Arthur was pretty deece, though the frenemy thing between Arthur and Mordred was kinda odd. I guess they're the only people who get each other. Also, Mordred looks like a kid version of Merasmus.

Thought it was alright, I felt as if there was a huge missed opportunity to have the rest of the school kids to be based on folklore like Sun Wukong, Little Red Riding Hood, etc

Bruh, that sounds cool! Makes me think of a comedic version of Smite: Battleground of the Gods.

Rhaynebow

And for the 9th Go! Cartoons short, we have Tyler & Co.

Took me a second to get to this short. That was...actually quite good. The characters really felt like roommates, the stoner-esque kind where they tease each other but don’t outright hate each other. Oh and also act dumb, that’s another stoner thing. Putting keys in the VCR? Taking out the 9 so you can dial 666? Sending box tops in for a cereal crown? Yeah...but it helped make this short kind of charming. They avoided an excessive amount of ‘duuuuudes’ and catchphrases to make it sound genuine and they very easily could have done that with the stoner comedy. So props to these guys actually trying to have a good script instead of cobbling trendy words together and calling it dialogue.

With that said, I’m noticing a trend in these Buddy comedy shorts with the smart or at least proactive character paling around with a lazy or childish character. I know that kind of duo isn’t new, but me thinks AT and RS made it popular again.

Zanneck

The 11th short is officially up: THRASHIN' USA!!!

To put it simply: I did quite enjoy what I saw here, and it was much better handled than anything Kick Buttowski or especially Rocket Power put forth in the same fashion, simply due to how it actually feels like a proper cartoon, rather than an imitation, if the meat & potatoes of this are anything to go by, IMHO.

Plus, I'm loving the artstyle choice and fluid animation to accompany this short - not the absolute best premise I've ever seen, but it has shown more than enough potential to be something worthwhile as a SoL comedy effort.

Updating my ranking on what I could see becoming a potential cartoon with more care, work, & resources put into (as much as I wish all of these could):
1) Welcome to Doozy
2) The Summoning
3) Tyler and Co.
4) Thrashin' USA!
5) City Dwellers
6) Kid Arthur
7) The Bagheads

After seeing Kid Arthur, as well (hence my ranking placement) - I gotta say I'm not too terribly impressed with it, but I definitely find the dynamic between Arthur and Mordred to be actually hilarious. This is something that could work as a mini - series, but not a full-on one, IMHO. Still more potential to be something awesome than The Bagheads gave me, however.

Take care.

Last edited:

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
Thrashin' USA was pretty good. It was kinda like Rocket Power mixed with Scott Pilgrim. I agree with Shoks on this one. His comments sums up my feelings about this short well.

Now there's one more short left. What's it gonna be? Stay tuned.

LinusFan303

Squeak
I liked Thrashin' USA agree on the art style is nice and like the points above , I agree with those as well it's like Rocket Power handled better. I gotta watch the others to see what they are like

PapaGreg

I didn't care for it, I don't know it felt like a generic 90s skater cartoon made in the new 10s. I thought something was interesting was going to happen but nothing did. Also these cartoons feel like PG cartoons in a sense that despite having some mild cursing they don't go out of their way to be offensive sort of like a middle ground between Adventure Time and Bobs Burgers

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
The Twelfth and final Go! Cartoons short, Pottyhorse, is up.

Oh dear god, Go! Cartoons did not end on a high note. Such low brow toilet humor. Plus the short was lame overall. Bleh. This short definitely deserves having more dislikes than likes.

Last edited:

PapaGreg

Well that sucked felt like a show for toddlers. Anywhy this whole Go Cartoon thing was literally hit or miss with half being good and half being bad. Here is my good list
The Summoning
Welcome to the Doozy
Tyler and Co
Thrashin USA(it wasn't for me but I do see potential)
Kid Arthur
The Bagheads

Zanneck

In terms of the final short (Pottyhorse) - yeah. I've dodged a bullet and I refuse to even bother. Good for me and GOOD RIDDANCE to THAT.

And for the last time, my point still stands on what I see "this should become a series" - type potential in (shame only one of these will ultimately be made into a show, these should all be shows (or in the case of some of them, mini-series), someday!):

1) Welcome to Doozy
2) The Summoning
3) Tyler and Co.
4) Thrashin' USA!
5) City Dwellers
6) Kid Arthur
7) The Bagheads

GAME OVER

LinusFan303

Squeak
Lasted 51 seconds in with Pottyhorse nope....
got a chance to watch all of the shorts my favorites were in no particular order: The Summoning, Thrashin' USA , Bagheads, Tyler and CO. ,Kid Arthur, Doozy, and City Dwellers.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts