"Glitch Techs" News & Discussions (Spoilers)

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Here are the titles for the upcoming episodes.

"The Glitch Modder," "Ping," "Ralphie Bear Is Back," "BUDS," "The New Recruit," "Find The Glitch," "The Real Glitch Techs," "Settling the Score," "I'm Mitch Williams" and "BITT Prime,"

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Ok, quick season 1B episodes sum up:

EP11: 7/10
EP12: 8/10
EP13: 7,5/10
EP14: 7/10
EP15: 6,5/10
EP16: 9/10
EP17: 6,5/10
EP18: 6/10
EP19: 8/10
EP20: 7/10

Honesty this season was a blast. I kinda expected some more from these new patch of episodes but a small hints of lore intrigues me. Ridley is an interesting character even though she appeared in two episodes only, she kinda reminds me of Peridot from SU by personality.

This season was full of surprises, we meet some new characters, found out what happened to Five's dad, saw Miko's childhood backstory, learn more about Hinobi lore, and yes, Mitch's got his own character development (and new hairstyle). Also Zahra has a crush on Five?

My favorite episode of this season is probably "Find The Glitch", I found this clip-show type of episode really creative, funny and endearing. A nice look-back on the first 10 episodes. The season finale was decent but I kinda want to see more Hinobi lore from 20 years. Guess I have to wait for some news if this show gets renewed or not, it's up for Netflix's hands right now.

Ghoster1987

howdy
Thinking about this show more. I kind of wonder when this show got greenlit into series in 2016 this was going to be Nickelodeon's attempt to do a original story driven show that could compete with stuff like Steven Universe, and Star Vs. And maybe the previous regime was on board with it and wanted the show to succeed but management changes in 2018 happened and screwed up the plans for Glitch Techs

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Management changes do often mean putting certain shows on the back burner and treating them poorly .

TheMisterManGuy

After watching the season 2 finale, the show is setting up some interesting things about Hinobi. Specifically the very fact that Phil has a hidden file that is accessed in case of a memory reset from corporate. The fact that it has glitch related data that is hidden on it, that Hinobi higher ups apparently don't even want their own staff to know, means that there's some shady business going on over at Hinobi corporate, and that they may not be as noble of a company as they portray to the public. I mean, it raises a lot of questions. Such as, why don't the higher ups want Phil and the lower staff to know about this data? Why doesn't Hinobi want the public to know about glitches? Why hasn't anybody at the company found a way to permanently alter or prevent glitch attacks? Especially when Ridlely was able to do it with ease.

Here's my theory... Hinobi is just using Glitch Techs and Glitches as a marketing ploy. Why do I think this? Have you noticed that there seems to be no other video game company mentioned in the series besides Hinobi? The company's reach is so expansive, they even seem to dabble in tech outside of the gaming industry. They seem almost a bit too omnipresent for what is supposedly a simple Video Game company. What if... Hinobi purposefully programed their products to glitch out to create an excuse to push products on consumers? The rules for Glitch Techs were established to be Find Glitches, Contain them, and Reset all witnesses and damage. The reset beam could maybe also come with some subliminal message that not only makes the public forget glitch incidents, but also compels them to trust and support Hinobi. The more Glitch incidents occur, the more people exposed to it, and thus, more potential consumers that they can brainwash into buying their crap. That would explain the company's seeming monopoly over the gaming industry in the show, and why they don't want lower staff like Phil and the Techs accessing unwanted data.

Earlier in "Tutorial Mode", something called "Bolypius". Was mentioned, a reference to the forgotten video game "Polypius". My guess is that Hinobi is planning on making this forgotten game glitch up so bad that the whole world can witness it. The techs clean up the damage, and the whole world is now in the palm of Hinobi's greedy hands. If the show actually goes that route, then it could potentially flip everything we thought we know about the show's world completely on its head, and serve as a interesting commentary on consumerism and the dangers of corporate monopoly.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Someone managed to get a clip from one of the unproduced episodes. It has Five and Mitch asking for Ridley's help. It seems to involve Miko in trouble. The animatic looks like the ones Dan Milano posted on Twitter, so it seems legitimate.

Edit: He confirmed it's real.

Last edited:

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Eric Robles has confirmed that there were plans for a Glitch Techs / TMNT crossover, and TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman was going to voice Shredder!:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Dan Milano posted a picture from one of the unproduced episodes. It shows a picture of the families, with Miko's grandmother voiced by Amy Hill.

Also, here's another tweet.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
According to Sue Obeidi (one of the special consultants for the show), there's a special announcement next week.

TargetmasterJoe

According to Sue Obeidi (one of the special consultants for the show), there's a special announcement next week.

I’m of two minds on this:
  • If the announcement is something like the show is continuing on Netflix, I'm binging the heck out of this show again.
  • If the announcement is something like the show is continuing on Paramount+, I’m gonna have a heart attack because I am in no position to pay for another streaming service. (Unless there's some kind of free version that has ads. Then I'll power through the ads.)
(But seriously, this better keep going on Netflix.)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts