"Glitch Techs" News & Discussions (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Nov 20, 2019
Serbia
www.twitch.tv
Glitch Techs (TV Series 2020– ) - IMDb - Google Chrome 3.3.2020. 14_27_06.png

Glitch Techs managed to get into top 1000 on IMDB. It is only few of tens spots below Steven Universe. I never seen a Nicktoon getting so much attention since Loud House. Perhaps going to Netflix was for better.

Reactions: Zanneck

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
Sep 26, 2011
Neo Arcadia, USA
Update from Dan Milano:

That second batch of episodes better be good; I need to rub it in proper that Nick made a mistake not having more faith in this show, as it is.

It really is Harvey Beaks AND Welcome to the Wayne for me (at least from the first 4 I've seen) - cut down in its prime and actually much better than the mediocrity (TLH/Casagrandes kinda counts, too.) and obvious-by-now! corpses (Spongebob) Nick continues to waste legit time and money on, IMHO.

Reactions: Asa

The Overlord

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
That second batch of episodes better be good; I need to rub it in proper that Nick made a mistake not having more faith in this show, as it is.

It really is Harvey Beaks AND Welcome to the Wayne for me (at least from the first 4 I've seen) - cut down in its prime and actually much better than the mediocrity (TLH/Casagrandes kinda counts, too.) and obvious-by-now! corpses (Spongebob) Nick continues to waste legit time and money on, IMHO.
Well if this show does well on Netflix, maybe Netflix will order more episodes. I think ultimately this show is better off on Netflix than Nickelodeon. The fact that Nickelodeon cancelled this show before it aired helps foster their reputation that they are hostile place for new animated series that are not spin offs.

Reactions: Zanneck

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
Sep 26, 2011
Neo Arcadia, USA
Well if this show does well on Netflix, maybe Netflix will order more episodes. I think ultimately this show is better off on Netflix than Nickelodeon. The fact that Nickelodeon cancelled this show before it aired helps foster their reputation that they are hostile place for new animated series that are not spin offs.
Netflix breathing further life into this near endless potential of a show? Don't you dare say no to that, under any circumstances. More good cartoons isn't something to turn your back on, ever.

The Overlord

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
Netflix breathing further life into this near endless potential of a show? Don't you dare say no to that, under any circumstances. More good cartoons isn't something to turn your back on, ever.
Well Netflix cancelled Tuca and Bertie and 12 Forever after one season, so there is no guarantee Netflix will revive this show, but there is a chance, it depends on how many people watch it. They have revived animated shows and movies that could not get a platform in the past.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
Sep 26, 2011
Neo Arcadia, USA
Well Netflix cancelled Tuca and Bertie and 12 Forever after one season, so there is no guarantee Netflix will revive this show, but there is a chance, it depends on how many people watch it. They have revived animated shows and movies that could not get a platform in the past.
...And Tuca & Bertie getting canned like it did still hurts me to this day, honestly. So yeah, I know that feeling, even if just minimally.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com

I found this interesting tweet from Dan Milano, where he's shown liking some fanart that mixes this series with Rise Of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He then mentions on how others could hopefully see the 10 currently unfinished episodes (since 20 episodes are fully completed). I think this implies that among those 10 unfinished episodes, one of them would've been a crossover with ROTTMNT. There is some merit to this. Both shows have some of the same animators. Both shows are animated by Flying Bark Productions. ROTTMNT is said to have a Netflix movie, and this show is on Netflix. It's certainly interesting.

Screenshot_20200315-200056.png

Last edited:

Eldorado

May 21, 2014
Indianapolis
The reason why 12 Forever was cancelled after 1 season was a variety of reasons. One of which was the animation studio that made it going bankrupt.

The Overlord

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
The reason why 12 Forever was cancelled after 1 season was a variety of reasons. One of which was the animation studio that made it going bankrupt.
Fair enough, they still canceled Tuca and Bertie after one season. There is no guarantee that Netflix will order more episodes from Nickelodeon, but there are a lot of kids at home nowadays, so Glitch Techs may be getting more viewers than usual, so they order more episodes from Nickelodeon.

TargetmasterJoe

Jul 1, 2018
USA
Watched the first batch of episodes recently and yeah, I was one of the several who was waiting for this to show up for four(-ish?) years and I'd overall say it was fracking worth the wait.

Stinks that Nickelodeon the network threw this show under the bus because it isn't SpongeBob, so I'm glad Netflix brought it back up on its feet. (Not even sure why it’s still doing that since ViacomCBS is sort of in the toilet if I'm not mistaken, so they need to try stuff that ISN'T just SpongeBob.)

Furthermore, I owing it to myself and the Glitch Techs makers to watch the first batch again so we get those 10 unproduced episodes and beyond.

TargetmasterJoe

Jul 1, 2018
USA
The first nine episodes are listed as season 1.
Last I checked, season 1 is comprised of two chunks, the first chunk being the nine episodes out now and another chunk coming later. Like how the last season of BoJack Horseman had its first half released last year and the second half came earlier this year.