"Ghostbusters: Afterlife" Movie News and Discussion Thread

AdrenalineRush1996

Yes, once Morbius got delayed the other week, it was the writing on the wall the rest of Sony's slate would follow. But it troubles me they delayed it to the week after a Marvel Studios MCU movie.
That and I'm not really interested in seeing Morbius.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Yes, once Morbius got delayed the other week, it was the writing on the wall the rest of Sony's slate would follow. But it troubles me they delayed it to the week after a Marvel Studios MCU movie.
That's not a week. That's an entire month, which has become a new standard for movies making most of their gross within that window. At the rate we're moving and certain places actually tightening restrictions, it's going to feel like HBO Max made the smartest decision this year if you want to see a 2021 tentpole feature.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
That's not a week. That's an entire month, which has become a new standard for movies making most of their gross within that window. At the rate we're moving and certain places actually tightening restrictions, it's going to feel like HBO Max made the smartest decision this year if you want to see a 2021 tentpole feature.
Just so we're on the same page, when I said "But it troubles me they delayed it to the week after a Marvel Studios MCU movie," the movie I was alluding to Afterlife being moved to a date one week after Eternals is slated to release and not Morbius. Eternals comes out November 5/6, 2021 doesn't it? Sorry about creating any confusion about what the heck I was talking about.

But Sony did sleep on crafting their own Disney+ or HBO Max streaming service. Crackle leaves much to be desired. But I figure after acquring Crunchyroll, they might expand it and make it their chief streaming service for all Sony content live action, animation, and anime. But it's too late, and delays are the only mechanism they have for their slate of movies. It's a pity.

Last edited:

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Just so we're on the same page, when I said "But it troubles me they delayed it to the week after a Marvel Studios MCU movie," the movie I was alluding to was Eternals and not Morbius. Eternals comes out November 5/6, 2021 doesn't it?
Oh ok.
They are two vastly different movies, so maybe this works out when we used to have situations like that.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Loved it. Finally some footage. :D :D :D

For some background, this was filmed in a Walmart in Deerfoot City in Canada in late September 2019 some shots here, here, and here.

Also, I think this tracks with a scene we saw in the trailer with a Terror Dog paw stomping the hood of Grooberson's car. So it looks like it pursues him in the store and he thinks he got away, gets in his car, but dah dah, the Terror Dog caught up.

F150Dog

I'm wonder if Sony is going to deliberately postpone this movie to 2022 so this can goes to Netflix after movie theater, so it will definitely bad news for Starz.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Another delay would suck but we'll see how Sony reacts to Top Gun being moved near Afterlife's date.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Today, the Humor + / TV2 Comedy switch took place exactly 1 year ago, if you are watching a camera-free one, here it is: The multi-screen version:
feels like we're getting flashbacks to AOL Time Warner again.
Marcello Prods wrote on KristofLaszlo99's profile.
Welcome, Mr. Tiririririririri
TV2C Schedule
23.00 : American Dad! (AP)
00.00 : Futurama (AP)
01.00 : The Cleveland Show (AP)
02.00 : The Simpsons (AP)
Happy birthday Ashlyn Selich.

Featured Posts