"Ghostbusters: Afterlife" Movie News and Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Newington, CT, USA
So one way or the other, there's going to be a Ghostbusters 3 after all. I want to say that maybe both movies were planned to be made all along, but yeah, that doesn't sound likely...

I will also say that it would be a bad idea to have the original Ghostbusters "refuse the call" in some way. Either just do a new story about the original Ghostbusters or if there's going to be a new team, have the originals in some kind of major (good guy) role (i.e., without simply having them in the movie in one scene [each] just for a quick joke), or even do both.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Sounds more like they're the supporting cast/the clients.

Some alleged descriptions and plot details surfaced already.
[A young boy] 13 years of age and is said to be passionate about fantasy and conspiracy theories. Furthermore, he apparently approaches every situation with “unbridled excitement for the unknown.” What’s perhaps most interesting though is that he quite often will narrate life in real time, adding “descriptive color” to the people he meets.
As for the girl, she crosses paths with the aforementioned boy at some point in the film and they quickly become friends. She’s 12 years of age, from what we understand, and is said to be an insanely smart kid. However, she often has a hard time with “interpreting and expressing emotions and speaks with a flat delivery that make her observations humorous.” Though she wants to connect with others, she struggles with interpreting how her family and friends feel and has difficulty sharing her own feelings. Her “science acumen” is said to prove invaluable throughout the story, though.
the film will focus on a family who moves back home to a small town. While there, they begin to “learn more about who they are and the secrets of the town itself.” Unfortunately, there’s no mention of how – or even if – any of the original Busters will factor into the story, but we imagine that this family is somehow connected to one or more of the characters from the first two movies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Reitman revealed graphic designer/collaborator Gareth Smith built a stencil from the original Ghostbusters '84 lettering in the Columbia Pictures archive, then shot it practically with smoke and light to create the 'Summer 2020' logo in the teaser.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Jul 23, 2008
Canada
Sounds more like they're the supporting cast/the clients.

Some alleged descriptions and plot details surfaced already.
I’ve thought about it, and I’ve decided that I like this idea. I like the idea of a small town Ghostbusters story. There’s a lot of potential for a haunted town type story. Plus, it’s something different, which is good. It’s about time we got Ghostbusters out of the city landscape. I’m even more intrigued now.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I’ve thought about it, and I’ve decided that I like this idea. I like the idea of a small town Ghostbusters story. There’s a lot of potential for a haunted town type story. Plus, it’s something different, which is good. It’s about time we got Ghostbusters out of the city landscape. I’m even more intrigued now.
Agreed. They'd done it in a lot of different continuities like The Real Ghostbusters and Extreme Ghostbusters. There was even a similar concept for a stage that was excised early on from 2009's Ghostbusters: The Video Game. But the description of the small town plot, probably a coincidence, but it totally brought me back to the first Aykroyd/Ramis draft for the 1984 movie; the guys were working at a small college in New England, they investigated a converted farmhouse, Greenville, New Hampshire I think, where a family was being bothered with incessant knocking, got fired and went to New York. Then later on, Egon concluded a small community in northern New Jersey was the likely epicenter of major psychic activity.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Everything I've heard about this sounds awful, and I hope it never sees the light of day. This movie shouldn't happen.
It's okay to not like something and share your opinion but the manner in which you're expressed yourself in the 3 posts you have made in this thread is not okay anymore. You've said your opinion with as little explanation as possible, which we don't encourage here, and we'd appreciate it if you do not post in this thread anymore or it will be interpreted as trolling and dealt with by someone in the staff.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
You know, Leslie, I supported you in the past about your statements about this franchise, and I stuck up for you when you were bullied by fans who believe this franchise deeper than it was. But not everything in the world is about Trump. It's possible Answer The Call was simply a box office disappointment. As brutal as those online people were to you a couple of years ago (and I hope they all burn in hell) the Universe isn't necessarily out to get you.

Edit: Do you know what I'd like? If there were actually some female Ghostbusters in the cast. Wouldn't that be great? All three movies seemed to be defined by their genders. We shouldn't need to do that anymore.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
She's just mad that her film isn't getting any sequels. She even tries using the sexist card.
To be fair, if anyone has the right to play the "sexist card" (if such a thing even exists) it's Leslie Jones. The traumatic things she has been put through from "fans" would be enough to give ANYONE huge hang-ups about that sort of thing. She just happens to be wrong in this instance.