"Ghostbusters: Afterlife" Movie News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
"Love letter" literally means nothing. Remember, Berman and Braga billed "These Are The Voyages" as a love letter to Star Trek fans on Enterprise, and it turned out to be the single worst Star Trek episode is history. If anything, the phrase makes me more worried, not less.

19MagiswordLane

Anime Superhero's Crooner of Carnage, babe!
Melissa McCarthy is also standing up for the film:

"I'm for anybody who's making movies. I talked to Jason about it, he's just always had this idea, and his goes back to the world where the guys did exist and I'm like, 'I want to see that.' I'm all for it. I say like, 'Tell the story.' I think there's a million stories to be told. He's a really, really good filmmaker and a really good storyteller, so I will be there buying my ticket."

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
It looks like Finn Wolfhard is one of the kids as well. He went from Stranger Things to It to Ghostbusters. That's a cool acting career.

I've seen McKenna show up in a few places. I know she did Gifted with Chris Evans.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

19MagiswordLane

19MagiswordLane

Promo poster:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I take that with a huge grain of salt, because Bill Murray always flakes at the last second regarding this franchise, but if it was the original deal in place that stopped the filming of the sequel, and his appearance in the reboot now negates that, I think a lot more pieces would fall into place easier.

People can talk smack about the reboot if they want. But without it we probably never would have gotten Ghostbusters 3.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Even for the 1st movie, Aykroyd and Reitman went to the airport to get Murray and make sure he showed up to the set. But the fact that veto deal was finally abolished when Ghost Corps was formed, like the 2016 movie - it changes things. Still, it's nice he said that. And his wording is interesting, it's a lot different - mainly about including himself as caretakers of the franchise. But it doesn't really change the situation before the article came out. It's still 50:50, he'll show up. They weren't even sure he'd show up during the filming of the 2016 movie. On the other hand, Jason Reitman's indie background might have some appeal to him. Time will tell.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Sigourney Weaver will reprise her role as Danna Barrett and confirms the return of Murray and Aykroyd:

Yeah, she confirmed it but it's funny we knew since April 26, 2019, a Production Weekly listing was posted, revealing a film date of July 14 in Calgary involving Finn Wolfhard, Carrie Coon, Mckenna Grace, and Weaver. We'll see if Murray comes.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Sigourney Weaver is one of those people I am always rooting for, for some strange reason. I don't know what it is about her, but I always have good thoughts and wishes sent her way whenever I see or hear her. She makes it VERY easy for any fan to be on her side.

If anyone deserves to be hot forever, it's her. And so far, that honor hasn't been taken away yet. I must not be the only one out there rooting for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts