getting a little sick of all this silliness...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scythemantis

With Soar-Throat Ghost
...What is with all this excess cencorship now that we`ve had another huge disaster? How is a tv series or movie involving war going to offend people any more or less just because thousands recently died in AMERICA for a change? (I`m not trying to be disrespectful,I`m just saying...horrible,horrible tragedy occurs all over the world almost daily.It just hasnt happen to the U.S. in what feels like decades) Smaller disasters,and ones that happened long ago,such as the titanic,are poked fun at on a regular basis in even the kiddiest of kid`s cartoons,why should they be different?

Somehow,all this "patriotism" is actually offending me the most...now that thousands of people have died,networks and everyday people alike are going out of their way to pretend they care,simply because they know they SHOULD...today I saw a bunch of kids running a carwash in a parking lot,which isnt too out of the ordinary,but they were waving a bunch of american flags to get passersby to honk!!! Countless people who were completely uninvolved,and knew noone involved themselves,suddenly putting on these phony-baloney "I LOVE THE U.S.A!" faces(a few seconds of silence would be a lot more respectful),and the people who actually care (and know how to deal with it without being offended by a CD cover or a magazine ad) have to suffer.

(and if someone finds this post offensive,OH WELL.I`m only stating facts.I`m not trying to be insensitive or anything.)

-end rant-

Bird Boy

WF Admin
Staff member
I agree with you...I mean..if the show is about terrorists...you would want to see it..cuz they get their butt whooped..which is what we want to do to them..

Kids that profit from this should feel guilty..and in the long run..I bet they will...

-BB

Psycho Fox

Toonix Guru
Originally posted by Bird_Boy
I agree with you...I mean..if the show is about terrorists...you would want to see it..cuz they get their butt whooped..which is what we want to do to them..
Ditto Yesterday I played Rainbow 6 and found it soothing kicking terrorist ass.

Leaping Larry Jojo

Searching for a map
I have to agree. Protecting the people from any show that even talks about "war" or "terrorism" or "exposions" doesn't negate the fact that you can still catch something worse EVERY 10 MINUTES on your local news channel. Over and over and over they show the plane crashing into the building, even having the gall to use the clip as commerical bumpers, G****mn it, BUMPERS! That was a bunch of people dying there, geniuses!

Not to mention the fact that all the local papers show the same photo for the last 3 days...

BourgeoisBuffoon

Shouldn't I Be Melting Now...?
I can't believe those brats were profiteering from the attack. I DO hope they feel guilty, because we may get a case of the 'boy who cried wolf' from all thee scares and re-airs of the attack. We may get 'desensitized' to it...and we do NOT need that!

I think that it's best to take some of the programs off the air for now. But that's a good point you made on the news being worse.

I myself have only started to play Civilization 2 again after the last couple of days because of how some city might get nuked in the game-A.I.'s fault, but it was too unsettling or me...

Kathy Kane

Captain Jack Harkness
Hey Sting.
Read my post in Cowboy Bebop of Adult swim thread.
It's on the same wavelenth.

Maxie Zeus

Upside Down
Closing thread

On the Batman Beyond Board I shut down a thread that angrily argued the opposite case: That with the Tuesday's horrors, it is ghoulish to fixate on the cancellation of TV shows. I would be derelict in my duty if I did not likewise shut down this one.

These posts are flame-bait. You are not just arguing for a position, but are come close to ridiculing and belittling the intentions or feelings of those who disagree. (To see what a post like this can provoke, go and look at the linked-to thread above.) I shut down the other one not because I disagree with poekeats, but because I did not want people to respond angrily to his anger. Similarly, I am closing this one not because I disagree with the opinions of those who want to see their regular programming continue, but because the heat with which they express themselves is a temptation to those who disagree to flame back.

And I don't want to hear anything about "censorship." I am leaving the posts up, as they express legitimate viewpoints. I am asking those who have these views to be sensitive in their expression, just as I expect those who disagree to be sensitive in their remarks. The closing is designed only to forestall a possible flamewar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts