Genndy Tartakovsky's "Fixed"

Tacartoon

In Sony Pictures Animation's promise to produce more PG-13/R-rated animated movies, Genndy Tartavosky - creator of Dexter's Laboratory and Samurai Jack - has partnered with the company to produce another R-rated computer-animated movie called Fixed. It centers around a male dog who's in love with the show dog next door, but his interest interferes with the fact that he is set to be neutered the following morning. As a result, he tries to make the most out of his last night out with his mates.

So... Basically, it can be perceived that this will be an R-rated Secret Life of Pets. In all honesty, this sounds...interesting. I think there's a good amount of hope for this project because Genndy is by no doubt a legendary man of animation who turns everything me makes into an instant classic. The fact that he himself has said that this movie isn't going to be raunchy-for-the-sake-of-it one and will have a plot and character depth beyond just ball jokes makes me even more intrigued for this to be revealed. I think it will be more affectionate rather than just a tongue-in-cheek parody of Pixar films like Seth Rogen's Sausage Party was. That movie was alright - it provided a few decent laughs, had colorful animation and followed a storyline, but the overall vulgar concentration butchered any higher appreciation I could have had for it as it just felt like it wanted to push boundaries for fun. In contrast I think Fixed won't come anywhere near as vulgar and will have at least 5 minutes devoid of vulgarity - it will have infrequent swearing and sex jokes to my expectations, but will have definite animal genitalia closeups and at least one boundary-pushing explicit scene that grants it its "R" rating. Aside from the orgy ending and the scene where ****** stumbles across a dying juice box, Sausage Party really feels only as explicit as the average episode of Family Guy (bleeping the swears of course). However I think Fixed will have just about enough cleanness that someone could ideally take out the adult elements and turn it into a kids movie without tampering with the plot, which is more than what I could say about attempting to do the same with SP (a movie about food fighting for their lives seem pretty clean on the surface, but taking out the orgy and all the scenes with ******, the drug use and talking booze bottle, and food massacre tampers severely with the buildup and context).

What are your guys' thoughts insofar regarding this adult animated project by Genndy Tartavosky? I certainly can't wait for the trailers or pictures to be released! A tagline like Just Because It's Made by the Same Guy Who Brought Us Dexter's Laboratory Doesn't Mean It's for Kids Stupid would make my day XD.

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I don't want a Playstation 5 for all of the new "next gen" games coming, I just want a PS5 so I can just play my PS4 games without my PS4 console sounding like a rocket engine blasting off. (...So tired of seeing the PS5's sold out everywhere....)
Who remembers playing the iCarly game Pack-Rat (Pac-Man clone)on the Nick website? Those were great memories
Was "Mega Man: Fully Charged" ever dubbed in foreign languages?

That thread reached 1000 posts, someone or any admin please lock that thread.
Am I hearing this right? Nick USA not airing SpongeBob SquarePants for a day? Am I dreaming?

Featured Posts