General International TV Channels Thread

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
CNN Portugal Launches Tonight at 9pm GMT/WET on TV, Digital, Social Media platforms. The news channel is operated by Media Capital in Portugal (the owners of TVI) and acts as a local CNN affiliate, it replaces TVI24.

Here's the promos for it.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
@Moleoman: I discovered this on Kadry ze starej telewizji and found the source footage, a TV3 Gdansk announcer mentioning the start of the station's relays of TV Polonia, however featuring a leaflet of the service under its prototype name:

Warsaw's center wouldn't get its own service until January 1994, when it replaced Channel 1 Ostankino (moved to another UHF slot, later vacated), although initially it was known as Channel 51. The WOT name was adopted by the channel a few months later.

J10

1 hour and 35 minutes left, and CNN Portugal launches. The last program before closure, as of TVI Player website, will be Journal 24.
1637609137326.png

Let's hope the launch won't be like CNN Prima News, and look different than ever.

J10

They want CNN Portugal to be new and different as far as I know
I was wishing to see a better launch like any other CNN channel, but not like CNN Prima one, by looking at CNN Prima graphics. Hopefully, the logo will be on the bottom as usual as any other CNN channel, just like CNN International, CNN Türk, & CNN Brazil.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I was wishing to see a better launch like any other CNN channel, but not like CNN Prima one, by looking at CNN Prima graphics. Hopefully, the logo will be on the bottom as usual as any other CNN channel, just like CNN International, CNN Türk, & CNN Brazil.
According to a recent mistake conducted overnight days ago, the bug will be below.

J10

About half an hour, TVI24, started their last transmission with CNN Portugal ceremony coverage.

After that, moment ago, it’s now in break.

EDIT: Back after the last ever break.

In the ceremony, the DOG on the ceremony screen looks white from what I saw before the guest comes on the stage.

The final broadcasts with TVI24 memories.

The channel has switched to CNN Portugal with countdown.

Last edited:

J10

It's official:
1637614872310.png

1637614928602.png

1637615098540.png

The logo went to the bottom, and it's graphics looking like CNN US/International. The launch of this channel is much better than CNN Prima News launch, which looks different in graphics.

EDIT:
The full video for CNN Portugal’s launch is there.

Summary:
The anchor signed-off TVI24 after cutting the coverage from CNN Portugal’s Launch Ceremony, before showing a memorial 10 minute video of TVI24 and its DOG disappearing from the screen for the last time, and when it faded to the TVI24 logo in the middle, it appruptly cut the signal to CNN Portugal with the countdown and a three minute promo of CNN Portugal. At 21:00 GMT/22:00 CET/00:00 (KSA and MSK), the first program after the launch was Journal Da CNN, signing on by Judite Sousa.

Last edited:

ilpuyopuyo

At TAMAX-TV HQ
I have some words on Star India channels update

On December 1, Star World India, (SD and HD), Star World Premiere HD, Bindass, UTV Movies, UTV Action, UTV HD, Star Sports 1 Bangla and Star Sports 1 Marathi will be shutdown while Baby TV leaves Indian television market, however on December 11, Super Hungama will replace Marvel HQ India

On December 1, 2021, Star Gold Romance, Star Gold Thrills, Jalsha Josh, Star Gold 2 HD, Star Sports 1 Tamil HD, Star Sports 1 Telugu HD, Star Movies Select, Disney Channel HD India, and Hungama HD may launch (launch date not final, like Super Hungama, which in news sources said December 1 but actually December 11 thanks to promos of the said channel, including Big City Greens (which is going to air on that channel) promo)

i already posted about Super Hungama on international Disney Networks forum because you know what, Hungama TV is part of Disney international channels.

homeofthebadguys

however on December 11, Super Hungama will replace Marvel HQ India
Making a channel focused solely on Marvel superheroes (and not tapping into their past at that) was dumb. I'm not surprised at Marvel HQ and it's drift into an anime network, but the timing of the drift was actually surprising (Marvel HQ drifted in 3 months [if I recall], most cablecasts drift away from their intended format after several years barring premiums).
Knowing the rut Hungama's in now (near-constant Shin-Chan), I feel that Super Hungama will be more of the same.

Insidus

I have some words on Star India channels update

On December 1, Star World India, (SD and HD), Star World Premiere HD, Bindass, UTV Movies, UTV Action, UTV HD, Star Sports 1 Bangla and Star Sports 1 Marathi will be shutdown while Baby TV leaves Indian television market, however on December 11, Super Hungama will replace Marvel HQ India

On December 1, 2021, Star Gold Romance, Star Gold Thrills, Jalsha Josh, Star Gold 2 HD, Star Sports 1 Tamil HD, Star Sports 1 Telugu HD, Star Movies Select, Disney Channel HD India, and Hungama HD may launch (launch date not final, like Super Hungama, which in news sources said December 1 but actually December 11 thanks to promos of the said channel, including Big City Greens (which is going to air on that channel) promo)

i already posted about Super Hungama on international Disney Networks forum because you know what, Hungama TV is part of Disney international channels.
If I had to guess Super Hungama is similar to Marvel HQ but doesn't limit itself to Marvel Animation and anime. If only WarnerMedia could do that with Toonami Africa. The channel has such a resemblance to Marvel HQ.

Sent from my Hisense U964 using Tapatalk

RegularCapital

Staff member

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
US-based investment company KKR has made an offer to take Telecom Italia (TIM) private for €10.8 billion: TIM receives €10.8 billion takeover offer from KKR

Also I think Super Hungama is a silly name, it implies that the original main Hungama isn't as good. :D
Hm... Currently, TIM is (partially???) in the hands of Bolloré, the Vivendi guy. That's one big offer, that's for sure.
Tbh, it's kinda sad that TIM had to sell La7, its early years were pretty cool. Nowadays, the channel is the shadow of a better past.

Hungama isn't that good, IMHO.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Hm... Currently, TIM is (partially???) in the hands of Bolloré, the Vivendi guy. That's one big offer, that's for sure.
Tbh, it's kinda sad that TIM had to sell La7, its early years were pretty cool. Nowadays, the channel is the shadow of a better past.

Yes, Vivendi owns approximately 25% of TIM, and they have no intention in selling it. TIM's top investor Vivendi digs in after KKR's approach

Hungama isn't that good, IMHO.

I was speaking in relative terms. :D

Francisque

Offically Confirmed: BBC Three will return as a broadcast channel in early February 2022 following a decision by Ofcom. BBC Three to return as TV channel

US-based investment company KKR has made an offer to take Telecom Italia (TIM) private for €10.8 billion: TIM receives €10.8 billion takeover offer from KKR

Also I think Super Hungama is a silly name, it implies that the original main Hungama isn't as good. :D
At last!

So TIM might become an American company..

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels

J10

Update: Euronews won't shutdown the Hungarian feed, so what did @RONTV said was fake news.
Megint cáfolja az Euronews, hogy megszüntetné a magyar adást | Media1
I was wishing if that came true, and that Euronews could slowly return back to normal as being a (single) multilingual news channel, as NBCUniversal/Comcast no longer have ownership stakes in the channel, since last year.

But unfortunately, Euronews Hungary is here to stay, with having presenters on Euronews channels.

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
I was wishing if that came true, and that Euronews could slowly come back to normal as a single multilingual news channel, as NBCUniversal/Comcast no longer have ownership stakes in the channel, since last year.

But unfortunately, Euronews Hungary is here to stay, with having presenters on Euronews channels.
I'm very sorry, but I prefer completely Hungarian variants rather than pan-European ones.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.
Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts